REAL DEEP THOUGHT: Vol. Evolution.

So yesterday as I was in a blaze session I had a crazy thought. I usually like kickin back and having really deep conversations with an intelligent set ofpeople. But here is the thought.

If giving birth were to become a crime across the whole world. And NO ONE was allowed to conceive. (impossible I know but bear with me) And throughout thegenerations people began dying off. 90 year olds, 80 year olds, 70 year olds etc. So the world would have about 100 years until everyone was deceased. If theworld as we know it was left with 1 man and 1 female would they be able to start a whole new generation by themselves?

Originally Posted by Praise The X I

So yesterday as I was in a blaze session I had a crazy thought. I usually like kickin back and having really deep conversations with an intelligent set of people. But here is the thought.

If giving birth were to become a crime across the whole world. And NO ONE was allowed to conceive. (impossible I know but bear with me) And throughout the generations people began dying off. 90 year olds, 80 year olds, 70 year olds etc. So the world would have about 100 years until everyone was deceased. If the world as we know it was left with 1 man and 1 female would they be able to start a whole new generation by themselves?

unless were trying to kill of the human race that sounds like a good plan....reminds me of that movie CHILDREN OF MEN when women cant have babies in over 4years than all of a sudden one does. then its a race to save that baby and the mom. good movie check it out OP if you havent....BLAZE ONE during the movie lol
smokin.gif

Its possbile but Highly unlikely cause nature with claim one of them plus if she has more sons then daughters then the race will die out

im high right now so like you said ... bare with me
you know how you said that after everyone died there was still 1 man and 1 woman ... well
in the bible it says that it was just that, 1 man and 1 woman who started everything (adam & eve as most know it)
well looking at a more scientific point of view if those two people did have kids .. for them to have more children they'd have to have sex with themselves
as in brother and sister having sexual relations and giving birth .. chances of a baby having certain mental and health issues are very high when you combinethis mix
looking at it in a much larger scale it would take A VERY LONG TIME before there was much significant change for one to say that it could happen
idk where im going with this now...but the chances of it happening are there but also the chances of it having a negative effect OR no effect at all are thereas well
just my 2 cents

u gotta love those deep though blaze sessions huh?
laugh.gif
i think it is possible though it would take ions for the worlds population to reach the amount it isnow. you also have to consider things like disease and basic survival tactics that would have to be taken since there would only be 2 ppl left on earth. itwould basically go back to the caves man days but with more intelligence and less natural survival skills since im sure the 2 ppl left would be dependent ontechnology and such. but who the hell knows i guess?! there are so many factors that would make so many different possibilites.

Hmm. Good thought and points. But if it is so hard to do how do we believe Adam and Eve pulled it off? Sounds pretty impossible to me...

The brother and sister in Blue Lagoon did it, didn't they?

I dunno I think they would probably have no choice but to. The two last people would have as many kids as they can and when the kids all grow up they'lljust do it to eachother. No one would be there to say that it's not cool. It would be the norm until families get larger and larger and more spread outacross the land mass of Earth and eventually the heads of households who weild influence will stake claim to their land and form seperate societies based onwhat they like, thus being a new generation of the first kings. These first kings will usually gain their elevated status by claiming that the original twoparents or the Unkown Power (God or gods) has spoken to them in a way no one else could ever understand, telling them that they are supposed to be in charge ofeveryone else and that this is a heavy responsibility that only they are capable of. Eventually these royal bloodlines will procreate with eachother while thebloodlines of non-regals will do the same, as well as bloodlines from different geographic areas and close knit groups of families. People will fight for theirfamilie's rights to join ranks and so on and so on, creating riffs along thin lines based on physical characteristics such as skin color, height, etc.

Wouldn't that make the rest of the generations after the final 2 brothers and sisters? All same blood... And if it is said Adam and Eve did it. Aren'twe all one big family.... Some mind blowing stuff.. I will def check out that movie you recomended (sp?) And yes I LOVE blazing going to starbucks sittingoutside and just sharing opinions, thoughts, epiphanys (sp?) hahahah

%$!+ yeah, aslong as there still some years left, so the woman can give birth a couple more times before her times up. Giving enough time for the children togrow up. It probably wouldn't happen within 100 years, funny thing to think about tho. I've participated in intellectual conversations like this whileim super loaded.. gets me thinking.

Originally Posted by ZEEN1NE

chances of a baby having certain mental and health issues are very high when you combine this mix
I'm not completely 100% sure, but I heard this was not true. I was watching Dateline or 60 Minutes or 20/20 and they had a story on cousinsthat married & had kids. They brought up the argument and I think there is a higher chance for issues to occur but its not significant.

Originally Posted by I Be John Mayer

I dunno I think they would probably have no choice but to. The two last people would have as many kids as they can and when the kids all grow up they'll just do it to eachother. No one would be there to say that it's not cool. It would be the norm until families get larger and larger and more spread out across the land mass of Earth and eventually the heads of households who weild influence will stake claim to their land and form seperate societies based on what they like, thus being a new generation of the first kings. These first kings will usually gain their elevated status by claiming that the original two parents or the Unkown Power (God or gods) has spoken to them in a way no one else could ever understand, telling them that they are supposed to be in charge of everyone else and that this is a heavy responsibility that only they are capable of. Eventually these royal bloodlines will procreate with eachother while the bloodlines of non-regals will do the same, as well as bloodlines from different geographic areas and close knit groups of families. People will fight for their familie's rights to join ranks and so on and so on, creating riffs along thin lines based on physical characteristics such as skin color, height, etc.

your right .. im not saying your not BUT how the OP made it sound it's as if it were to happen today (the law of not having any more babies) .. i highlydoubt those last two people and their children would go back to the times of monarchy.

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

chances of a baby having certain mental and health issues are very high when you combine this mix
I'm not completely 100% sure, but I heard this was not true. I was watching Dateline or 60 Minutes or 20/20 and they had a story on cousins that married & had kids. They brought up the argument and I think there is a higher chance for issues to occur but its not significant.

Yeah its not its only with hereditary illness such as cancer. Its only mental if you have a history of that in your family.

Interesting subject. I love how I think when I'm high.. Now, with that being said, I'm not high right now, and I dont think it could happen. I thinkthe family would spawn a series of genetic defects and eventually die out at some point leaving us extinct. A more realistic instance of this would be"what if there was a STD that made humans sterile upon contraction and it spread so rapid that only a few people survived? That could be a real threat.

I dunno I think they would probably have no choice but to. The two last people would have as many kids as they can and when the kids all grow up they'll just do it to eachother. No one would be there to say that it's not cool. It would be the norm until families get larger and larger and more spread out across the land mass of Earth and eventually the heads of households who weild influence will stake claim to their land and form seperate societies based on what they like, thus being a new generation of the first kings. These first kings will usually gain their elevated status by claiming that the original two parents or the Unkown Power (God or gods) has spoken to them in a way no one else could ever understand, telling them that they are supposed to be in charge of everyone else and that this is a heavy responsibility that only they are capable of. Eventually these royal bloodlines will procreate with eachother while the bloodlines of non-regals will do the same, as well as bloodlines from different geographic areas and close knit groups of families. People will fight for their familie's rights to join ranks and so on and so on, creating riffs along thin lines based on physical characteristics such as skin color, height, etc.

your right .. im not saying your not BUT how the OP made it sound it's as if it were to happen today (the law of not having any more babies) .. i highly doubt those last two people and their children would go back to the times of monarchy.

you gotta start somewhere. monarchy isn't about anything but family. we currently live in a time of (thinly veiled) monarchy. the world is already runby select bloodlines. i hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist or something, though. democracy wouldn't really be an issue when you're starting overand the number one issue is survival of the human race. whoever can keep everything in line, take care of everyone and protect everyone is automatically goingto be in charge without anyone voting for them.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Interesting subject. I love how I think when I'm high.. Now, with that being said, I'm not high right now, and I dont think it could happen. I think the family would spawn a series of genetic defects and eventually die out at some point leaving us extinct. A more realistic instance of this would be "what if there was a STD that made humans sterile upon contraction and it spread so rapid that only a few people survived? That could be a real threat.
True but that would just mean a society based on defect humans.
Defect humans= humans.

Really think about if that were to happen though... It would be up to those two people to REALLY educate themselves to save the advancements of the human raceand to keep advancing it. If the two are unintelligent individuals, were doomed. They would have to gain TONS of knowledge and work mad hard to keep what wehave. Imagine trying to fly a plane for the first time to cross country. Or even going to a power plant to try and maintain it to keep the power on
eek.gif
soundslike an idea for an RPG
nerd.gif

I think we's be extinct.The genetic gene pool would be too shallow.

1 woman can only have so many children for a fixed amount of years.

Lets say you have 25 healthy babies (high unlikely). Those kids are going to mate and there is going to be a whole bunch of weak/deformed/handicapped childrendue to incest. And it would get worse as the generations continue interbreeding.

Theres no community to provide shelter, food and protection. The hard work necessary just to stay alive would kill out large numbers of each generation. Wemost likely wouldn't be able to break past a number of sustainable lives to keep the species going. One strong healthy male dies and its a wrap.

In the wild right now, there are populations of animals that number under 50 and they are pretty much guaranteed to be extinct in the next decade, even withhuman intervention. You need genetic variation to maintain a health species population.

Really think about if that were to happen though... It would be up to those two people to REALLY educate themselves to save the advancements of the human race and to keep advancing it. If the two are unintelligent individuals, were doomed. They would have to gain TONS of knowledge and work mad hard to keep what we have. Imagine trying to fly a plane for the first time to cross country. Or even going to a power plant to try and maintain it to keep the power on
eek.gif
sounds like an idea for an RPG
nerd.gif

That's the thing though. We wouldn't be doomed because the last two would just go on what they know. The only thing they would have to worry aboutwould be animals taking over again and to do that they could just live on like the 2nd floor of a building and keep guns on them. All of our advancementsaren't really neccessary to survive at all. Why would you need a plane if there are only two humans on earth and they're right next to eachother? Whymaintain the power plant if you don't know how and risk getting electricuted? There are generators at sears that start up like a lawnmower and go on gas,and if that's too complex for the last two people then it's back to fire and wood for light and warmth.

Somehow I feel like this has already happened. Like the entire human race was already decimated and started over with like 2-10 people working to rebuild it. They had the books and the knowledge of the world before but just kept it a secret and started over telling their kids that it all started with Adam and Eve orGod and Angels when really it was all the result of some intergalactic war destroying Earth's population or something. Or even a war that was on Earthbetween different types of human beings and other intelligent beings that were kind of ike humans but maybe giants or like had the upper bodies of differentanimals. I dunno at this point i'm rambling.

Originally Posted by Praise The X I

Wouldn't that make the rest of the generations after the final 2 brothers and sisters? All same blood... And if it is said Adam and Eve did it. Aren't we all one big family.... Some mind blowing stuff.. I will def check out that movie you recomended (sp?) And yes I LOVE blazing going to starbucks sitting outside and just sharing opinions, thoughts, epiphanys (sp?) hahahah
Well with Adam and Eve, I don't know if they populated things or if they were just the first two people on Earth.

But I would have to say that they could not with some form of incest. And thats a lot of incest. So yeah I'd vote no.

Really think about if that were to happen though... It would be up to those two people to REALLY educate themselves to save the advancements of the human race and to keep advancing it. If the two are unintelligent individuals, were doomed. They would have to gain TONS of knowledge and work mad hard to keep what we have. Imagine trying to fly a plane for the first time to cross country. Or even going to a power plant to try and maintain it to keep the power on
eek.gif
sounds like an idea for an RPG
nerd.gif

That's the thing though. We wouldn't be doomed because the last two would just go on what they know. The only thing they would have to worry about would be animals taking over again and to do that they could just live on like the 2nd floor of a building and keep guns on them. All of our advancements aren't really neccessary to survive at all. Why would you need a plane if there are only two humans on earth and they're right next to eachother? Why maintain the power plant if you don't know how and risk getting electricuted? There are generators at sears that start up like a lawnmower and go on gas, and if that's too complex for the last two people then it's back to fire and wood for light and warmth.

Somehow I feel like this has already happened. Like the entire human race was already decimated and started over with like 2-10 people working to rebuild it. They had the books and the knowledge of the world before but just kept it a secret and started over telling their kids that it all started with Adam and Eve or God and Angels when really it was all the result of some intergalactic war destroying Earth's population or something. Or even a war that was on Earth between different types of human beings and other intelligent beings that were kind of ike humans but maybe giants or like had the upper bodies of different animals. I dunno at this point i'm rambling.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
wow...mind blowing

Back
Top Bottom