Realistically, what has the sweep done to Kobe's legacy?

Originally Posted by Deuce King

The sweep is just a reality check for alot of you Kobe lovers out there.  For any and all Kobe lovers, hopefully this just opens your eyes to some of the flaws Kobe has.  Kobe is still a great player and all, but he really is overrated here on the boards.
he'll still be number 2. 

LOL.

It's a team game, Kobe played his heart out but his team didn't.

That means Kobe simply didn't do enough champ. 
Spoken like how a Kobe fan would when talking about other players in the past.  Feels good to see them hit with the same scenario.
pimp.gif

Do the work of all five players on the floor?
Five players, ONE team, against five players on the other team. Your TEAM needs to play better than the other team to win, not just you.

Man. I defended Kobe of all people 
laugh.gif

Spoken like how a Kobe fan would when talking about other players in the past. 

If that's what DK meant, I agree.

Do the work of all five players on the floor?
Five players, ONE team, against five players on the other team. Your TEAM needs to play better than the other team to win, not just you.

Man. I defended Kobe of all people 
laugh.gif

Spoken like how a Kobe fan would when talking about other players in the past. 

If that's what DK meant, I agree.

Still in the 6-10 range as far as all time players ever. Could've moved up if he won another ring this year..

But w/o ring #6 you can say he's not the greatest Laker ever (Magic), and no hard evidence at all to ever say he's as good as MJ.

Still in the 6-10 range as far as all time players ever. Could've moved up if he won another ring this year..

But w/o ring #6 you can say he's not the greatest Laker ever (Magic), and no hard evidence at all to ever say he's as good as MJ.

Ya'll care way too much about "image" and "legacies", fat of the matter is what else does he have to prove?

Guy won 5 rings already......5.

Ya'll care way too much about "image" and "legacies", fat of the matter is what else does he have to prove?

Guy won 5 rings already......5.

Legacy?
laugh.gif
what an overrated term...at the end of the day people only remember what you accomplished, not your failures.

MJ retired at the end of each of his 3peats, very smart. Do people still say that his Wizards stint ruined his legacy? Nah I don't think so...

Legacy?
laugh.gif
what an overrated term...at the end of the day people only remember what you accomplished, not your failures.

MJ retired at the end of each of his 3peats, very smart. Do people still say that his Wizards stint ruined his legacy? Nah I don't think so...

Dude is still a top 10 player of all-time it didn't hurt anything.  He career isn't done either, he still has plenty of time to add to it.

But I think this is proof that dude is clearly not the best player in the league anymore for those deranged people who still held onto that notion.

Dude is still a top 10 player of all-time it didn't hurt anything.  He career isn't done either, he still has plenty of time to add to it.

But I think this is proof that dude is clearly not the best player in the league anymore for those deranged people who still held onto that notion.

^^^^ Is that what it takes to be a sports journalist these days? Questions like that? %%!! all of NT should be caking in that business.

Kobe's still playing...

Dudes are acting that he's retiring. We'll get Dwight and be ok
wink.gif

^^^^ Is that what it takes to be a sports journalist these days? Questions like that? %%!! all of NT should be caking in that business.

Kobe's still playing...

Dudes are acting that he's retiring. We'll get Dwight and be ok
wink.gif

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Legacy?
laugh.gif
The thing is though, he accomplishes nothing without teammates around him picking up the slack. That's the point.
Funny how some Lakers fans recognize this and yet turn around and heap the blame on other star players.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Legacy?
laugh.gif
The thing is though, he accomplishes nothing without teammates around him picking up the slack. That's the point.
Funny how some Lakers fans recognize this and yet turn around and heap the blame on other star players.

This is hilarious.

He's the unquestioned leader of the team, if they don't step up, it's his job to pull the team through.

He didn't do that and he's consistently been blown out in series-ending losses. It's an alarming trend for a player considered one of the all-time greats.

His legacy takes an enormous hit.

This is hilarious.

He's the unquestioned leader of the team, if they don't step up, it's his job to pull the team through.

He didn't do that and he's consistently been blown out in series-ending losses. It's an alarming trend for a player considered one of the all-time greats.

His legacy takes an enormous hit.

Back
Top Bottom