Recession FTL!!! eBay Gimme My Money!!!

Considering that weve been in a recession for quite a while now, i totally understand that everyone has to cut corners somewhere to save money. But man tell mewhy I let go of some shoes on ebay that went lower than retail
mad.gif
. thenafter the fact ebay hits me with some whack surcharge type deal. Is there anyplace left for you to sell your kicks for a reasonable price, nothing on the kobein colorado territory but jus plain and simple value. Im about to jus start handin out heat to bums so they we can start a "What did you local bum weartoday thread!"
laugh.gif

ebay is lame, but who didn't know about ebay fees?

it still amazes me that a big company like google hasn't taken advantage of the need for a competitor.

Don't use auctions, use buy it now.
Originally Posted by pull a Fredo

Reach 300 posts and then hit up the Buy/Sell Forums here.

The problem with that is a lot of people here want to much for there shoes, like one dude wanted $250 for Hare 1's and $250 for the 2K9 Jordans and theyhave full size runs for retail on Nike's website. We need a happy medium between under retail ebay and overpriced private sellers.

It's called a final value fee, didn't you know about it before hand? eBay has always gotten a % of the ending price. If you use buy it nows - it tellsyou when you list the auction exactly how much it will be if it sells. you're on your own for figuring it out if it's auction style.

Ebay is both good and bad, i love it to shop and buy stuff since you can find some killer deals from time to time. But if you plan on selling you have to besmart about it, like will the product that i am selling be worth the hassle after all the fees are taken.

Since you have:
Listing fees
Fee's for the options you use, such as Buy It Now, reserves, extra pictures, gallery etc.
The percentage Ebay gets from the final selling price
Paypal fee's involved if you use paypal... <-that sometimes hits you a little harder than Ebay fees

The way i see it is that sometimes you might have to make up for the fees by charging a little bit more for shipping, to offset what they take from you.

Another smart thing to do is look and see if the item you want to sell is already listed so you can get a feel for what you might get for it.

i've been selling alot of stuf from my childhood on ebay and what not over the past month so when i move out after graduation, i dont have to lug it andstore in some small apt, and ive made an excel spread sheet of all my transaction. paypal has taken roughly about 3% of the transaction. my highest cost is thebuying of boxes/shipping. need some way to find a more cost effective way and still have a steady stream of revenue.

Back
Top Bottom