Recommend me a college in the NY/NJ area

zona0924

Banned
I'm a sophomore at SUNY Albany, but it's too cold up there and I come back to the city almost every weekend. So,recommend me your school. Any responses will be greatly appreciated.

SUNY Albany

I was going to recommend this school, but since you already go there, idk.

How do you like it there, though? Are the chicks
pimp.gif
, & what'sthe education like? Oh, & the dorms, are they cool?

Thanks in advance.

It was ranked top party school in the country, which really ended up meaning a lot of white girls from Long Island who drinkevery day. I loved it when I first got there and the dorms are cool because there's NO security. Problems are that it's FREEZING cold and Albanyitself is crazy boring. The parties be okay but I rather go to a reglar hood party in the city any day of the week. Barbers suck, the stores suck, themall's boring. It was a great look for awhile, but I gotta find a new school.

My GPA is around a 3.0, so I'm not going to get into schools like Columbia or NYU. I just need realistic schools thatpeople are recommending because they like it there.

Sounds like you want something that is more like a city feel. A little hood too.

Go to Newark.

From what you say the three that come to mind for you are:
St. johns
Brooklyn College
Fordham
Manhatten

In NJ:
Rutgers
NJIT
Stevens
Seton Hall
Ramapo
Montclair
South Harmon Institute of Technology
William Paterson
Princeton

I wouldn't recommend Rutgers anytime soon. Classes are being cut and courses are being shrunk and a lot of classes are annoyingly cramped. Otherwise, partylife is like at any other big school. The RU Screw is very true. Although for NJ, RU and NJIT are probably the best choices.

Originally Posted by gko2408

I wouldn't recommend Rutgers anytime soon. Classes are being cut and courses are being shrunk and a lot of classes are annoyingly cramped. Otherwise, party life is like at any other big school. The RU Screw is very true. Although for NJ, RU and NJIT are probably the best choices.

That's happening at pretty much every public school in the country, though.

I'm a graduate of Saint Peter's College in Jersey City. Academics were cool, on par. It's right next to Hoboken (which be poppin, don't sleepon Washington Ave), next to Newark if you like to get it in on the hood side of things (which as a grown man I still like to do) & 10 city blocks from thePath train to NYC.
With that said.......... The campus life sucks. But how can you blame dudes??? Why go to a lame house party in the dorms when so much is available. Build witha few dudes, get cool with them & make moves.
And there were more chicks in the neighborhood than on campus (St. Pete's is dead in the middle of Jersey City).
Again campus life sucks, but if you know the NYC area & you do, it's beautiful (at least to me).
Networking was also pretty good, not as good as NYU, Rutgers, Seton Hall, Princeton & Columbia obviously, but still good.
Take it for what it's worth though........ I'm a Jersey boy & I love Jersey City, so my view might be somewhat skewed. Nothing is going to fall inyour lap though (like anywhere), you have to work the area, chicks & all of that.
I had fun at SPC.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

I wouldn't recommend Rutgers anytime soon. Classes are being cut and courses are being shrunk and a lot of classes are annoyingly cramped. Otherwise, party life is like at any other big school. The RU Screw is very true. Although for NJ, RU and NJIT are probably the best choices.

That's happening at pretty much every public school in the country, though.

Really? I thought it was just happening here because of NJ's poor financial state and the school's decision to expand the football stadium.

Traitor....smh

NJ is not popping. As a New York dude, who wants semi-hood parties, Saint John's probably the best option for you.

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

NJ is not popping. As a New York dude, who wants semi-hood parties, Saint John's probably the best option for you.
Yup.

And Manhattan & Fordham are 2 other city schools that were already mentioned that could be good options as well.

That's just than NY in them that can't let anyone else live. Yall dudes never cease to amaze me.

Originally Posted by iLLscan

That's just than NY in them that can't let anyone else live. Yall dudes never cease to amaze me.

i got an ill twitch tryna read this, joint made my brain hurt
i think i got dumber

Back
Top Bottom