Recommend me a good External Hard Drive (3TB)

So I need tons of space as I filled up all the space on my Mac (1TB) with ease (shoot video with my 5D) what is a good brand? Seagate? Western Digital? 

Had a WD for 4+ years, no issues. Prices are gonna be
sick.gif
still because of the floods wiping out the factories though.

Before the flood I bought 2 2TB external drives for $60 each. Now I can't find one under $100. Prices should start falling later in the year.

But that aside, I never have problems with seagate. Some WD drives have weird issues with Macs. Usually related to not being able to reformat the drive as Mac OS Extended (journaled), and its usually the larger sizes, which you're probably looking for.

I don't have a Mac so I have no idea about compatibility but I have 3 WDs right now and no complaints.

I'm not a big fan of Seagate, all my future HD's will be under Western Digital

my internal seagate + ext. hd case combo always makes weird noises so that's why

You need to know your optimal specs to edit 5d footage. 7200rpm atleast. Firewire, Usb 3.0 or thunderbolt. And ditch the footage you are not ever going to use. Clear your scratch after finishing projects. Keep the raw footage instead of the transcoded footage that you do keep.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Flood?

yeah the flood in thailand affected the prices this past year. 
Goodness, and I was just speaking to Mez0ne the other day about purchasing another one.

Used to see posts on slick deals ALL DAY before the flood.

I need some space, too. Haven't been able to cop new fap material cuz I have no where to put it.

frown.gif
frown.gif

heard that flood thing wasnt true????

anyway i need a new external HD but these prices man :smh

^ yup the floods did happen. but really, prices up even after a year later?

from another thread

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

SMH if true.
indifferent.gif

April 26th, 2012, 22:41 GMT · By Constantin Murariu
HDD Crisis Was Fake: Seagate and Western Digital Post Big Profits
SHARE:

Adjust text size:

Hard drive manufacturers Seagate Technology and Western Digital have reported great financial results after such a prolonged hard disk drive “crisis.

WD best customer service, and one of the better bands in terms of reliability and longevity

Back
Top Bottom