Recommend Me a Good Outdoor Basketball

Having moved back to the Philippines, the only court I currently have access to is a local outdoor one. I bought a Molten GG7 without realizing that it's actually meant to be an indoor ball. It was an awesome ball but went flat after just a month of play (thankfully it's only $35 here as opposed the $80 retail). Any suggestions on a durable outdoor ball that will maintain a good grip over time? Preferably leather or composite leather since rubber balls tend to suck.

Having moved back to the Philippines, the only court I currently have access to is a local outdoor one. I bought a Molten GG7 without realizing that it's actually meant to be an indoor ball. It was an awesome ball but went flat after just a month of play (thankfully it's only $35 here as opposed the $80 retail). Any suggestions on a durable outdoor ball that will maintain a good grip over time? Preferably leather or composite leather since rubber balls tend to suck.

I'm currently looking for the same thing. An outdoor basketball that performs well, and durable. I play a lot of backyard/blacktop ball, and most of the balls I've copped keep dying on me.

Basketshop.se_Molten_GO7_720.jpg

^ I'm checking out Molten's GO7... Specifically designed for outdoor ball. It's got this really shiny, glossy finish that I think helps repel dirt and makes the surface easier to clean. Its got a grip to it, which I like. Plus it's not that expensive ($26-$30... Php1,100.00). I haven't tried it yet, but from what I've heard it holds up pretty well.

Would like to hear other suggestions, tho.

I'm currently looking for the same thing. An outdoor basketball that performs well, and durable. I play a lot of backyard/blacktop ball, and most of the balls I've copped keep dying on me.

Basketshop.se_Molten_GO7_720.jpg

^ I'm checking out Molten's GO7... Specifically designed for outdoor ball. It's got this really shiny, glossy finish that I think helps repel dirt and makes the surface easier to clean. Its got a grip to it, which I like. Plus it's not that expensive ($26-$30... Php1,100.00). I haven't tried it yet, but from what I've heard it holds up pretty well.

Would like to hear other suggestions, tho.

I have a couple that have been good. My Wilson NCAA replica is decent - nice grip and is lasting well even in damp conditions.

I bought a spalding NBA indoor/outdoor a few years ago but found it really hard - not pleasant to dribble and it sort of skipped off the backboard. A couple of months ago I took a painters sanding block and lightly scuffed the surface and it transformed it into my favorite outdoor ball - the surface is much more comfortable and it has some stick on a backboard too. The only downside is that it now draws in moisture and get heavy on wet days - so I use a rubber ball on those days.

I have a couple that have been good. My Wilson NCAA replica is decent - nice grip and is lasting well even in damp conditions.

I bought a spalding NBA indoor/outdoor a few years ago but found it really hard - not pleasant to dribble and it sort of skipped off the backboard. A couple of months ago I took a painters sanding block and lightly scuffed the surface and it transformed it into my favorite outdoor ball - the surface is much more comfortable and it has some stick on a backboard too. The only downside is that it now draws in moisture and get heavy on wet days - so I use a rubber ball on those days.

Back
Top Bottom