Record Store Day 2012

I stick to LP's in my collection, after briefly running down the list:

Common - The Dreamer, The Believer
Danny Brown - XXX (bonus)

That Animal Collective sounds interesting but I can't commit just yet.

Vom.

The only things I would possibly interested in is the Oberhofer "Away Frm U" and possibly the Iggy and the Stooges live at ATP record because I was there and it was a great night, but other than that, I just want Record Store Day to end.

Ofcourse there is no support for record store day in the music forum.
laugh.gif

Dropped like $200 on exclusives and $0.50 albums.

Pirate music 364 days of the year
pimp.gif

Was thinking of running to a few record stores, but it was too late, by the time I would have gotten there, to get what I wanted (Beach House, Shabazz Palaces). Better luck next year I guess.

I don't really get caught up in that %!@%.

It was digging as usual for me yesterday.

pimp.gif
Peace to my spot with the nice little assortment of chicken,veggie,beef patties and a DOPE live band though.

Originally Posted by buggz05

Originally Posted by PLVN

This concept is stupid.

Elaborate?

Because if you really believe in supporting independent record stores, than you don't need a Record Store Day. You said it yourself that you pirate music 364 days a year and only come out one day a year to support, so basically, you are making their argument for them.

I go to BB for new releases because it's conveniently close by but I really spend most of my dough at independent record stores year round & on Record Store Day. Got a few jawns yesterday.

Aside from spending time with my family, the perfect day is jumping in the car, getting some coffee from DD, driving to various local spots, buying some stuff, & then getting lunch somewhere. Capped off with listening to new tunes on my set up once I get home.

Originally Posted by hugebird

Originally Posted by buggz05

Originally Posted by PLVN

This concept is stupid.

Elaborate?

Because if you really believe in supporting independent record stores, than you don't need a Record Store Day. You said it yourself that you pirate music 364 days a year and only come out one day a year to support, so basically, you are making their argument for them.

That's now what I meant by that. I meant pirate digital music period because that's what its worth sonically. As an audio engineer, digital music is the reason why my career market is dead. Record Store Day is meant to support the revival of music, and to bring new listeners into our world. It's a holiday to celebrate our commonalities and support quality music. I only splurged because I got caught up digging because the damn line at the counter was like 4 hours long (ended up timing it perfectly, though). And to be honest, I'm not a big fan of the exclusives. The concept albums that are only released on record store day are cool, but the re-releases and 7" singles are exploits and I don't like them.

Originally Posted by psk2310

I go to BB for new releases because it's conveniently close by but I really spend most of my dough at independent record stores year round & on Record Store Day. Got a few jawns yesterday.

Aside from spending time with my family, the perfect day is jumping in the car, getting some coffee from DD, driving to various local spots, buying some stuff, & then getting lunch somewhere. Capped off with listening to new tunes on my set up once I get home.

Ha, my dad didn't want to go, so when I got there I locked my keys in my truck and made him bring me a spare. It was worth it because when he got there, there was a bit of nostalgia in his eyes. I made him watch my stack of LP's while I went to get in my truck. I came back and he ended up digging and recommending some stuff.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom