Reducing yellowing on Foamposite clear-soles?

Hey guys,
         I know this topic has been beat to death but I can't remember what we all ultimately agreed on is the best way to reduce yellowing? Was it Sea Glow? Or Bleach? Toothpaste?
Thanks in advance!

Hey guys,
         I know this topic has been beat to death but I can't remember what we all ultimately agreed on is the best way to reduce yellowing? Was it Sea Glow? Or Bleach? Toothpaste?
Thanks in advance!

Sea Glow.

Theres an incredibly unorganized sneaker maintenance thread stickied in the Jordan forum that might be kinda... sorta helpful... alittle...  not really.

Why that thread exists only in the Jordan forum is beyond me.

I know some mods were talking about making a sneaker maintenance forum. I really hope that manifests.
pimp.gif

Sea Glow.

Theres an incredibly unorganized sneaker maintenance thread stickied in the Jordan forum that might be kinda... sorta helpful... alittle...  not really.

Why that thread exists only in the Jordan forum is beyond me.

I know some mods were talking about making a sneaker maintenance forum. I really hope that manifests.
pimp.gif

something i remembered was preventing oxidation...some dudes were using vacuum sealing devices, and keeping the kicks in plastic bags.

something i remembered was preventing oxidation...some dudes were using vacuum sealing devices, and keeping the kicks in plastic bags.

Originally Posted by FeeninLikeJodeci

No... No... No.... The last thing you want to do is vacuum seal or bag up your shoes.. they need to BREATHE..

No... No... No.... The last thing you want to do is vacuum seal or bag up your shoes.. they need to BREATHE..

when storing, keep them in a cool dark place. Other than that not much you can do.

Sea Glow will reverse the yellowing process once it has started.

At the end of the day, they're shoes...just wear them!

when storing, keep them in a cool dark place. Other than that not much you can do.

Sea Glow will reverse the yellowing process once it has started.

At the end of the day, they're shoes...just wear them!

Originally Posted by Weatherman

nerd.gif

I keep mines bagged up.

nerd.gif

I keep mines bagged up.

That's your call my dude. All you gotta do is look around at the number of instances where people have stored shoes that way and had crumbling, cracking, rotting, flaking, and so on..

That's your call my dude. All you gotta do is look around at the number of instances where people have stored shoes that way and had crumbling, cracking, rotting, flaking, and so on..

it's fine if you bag em. but you just gotta take em out constantly for them to breathe. might as well rock them from time to time

it's fine if you bag em. but you just gotta take em out constantly for them to breathe. might as well rock them from time to time

Fact is they will crumble and detoriate regardless of the storage method. Ozone is the culprit and where's it found? - correct, in the air.
So sealing them airtight with silica gel bags will be your best method of storage. Also, avoid sunlight and excessive heat and you'll be golden.

Fact is they will crumble and detoriate regardless of the storage method. Ozone is the culprit and where's it found? - correct, in the air.
So sealing them airtight with silica gel bags will be your best method of storage. Also, avoid sunlight and excessive heat and you'll be golden.

Back
Top Bottom