REEBOK ANSWER ONE DMX DISSECTED BY GOMEZ GUATEMALA

DISCLAIMER:....I am not a professional shoe dissector. the only tools i had was a small kitchen knife. one of those knives that u use to cut your sandwhich in half.

i decided to make this its own thread cuz i this **** took FOREVER to do.

ive been tryin to dissect this shoe for years now. but i never could figure out how to do it. until yesterday i was sittin on the toilet pooping (slightly consitpated) and i decided to try again. 

i pricked my fingers a couple of times. and i accidently stabbed myself in the thigh. but im built ford tough. the smell of the bathroom was worse than the small scratch the knife did..............

i did own the OGs released back in the day (97 i think) in the same color

when i purchased these 10th anniversary retros i was sooo disappointed in that i couldnt feeel the dmx airflow moving.

that its even being debated on rather or not recent releases do or do not have them tells me that something was up cuz if u ever had the OGs then you KNOW how robust the feeling is. its not a slight feeling of "maybe" theres something moving under your foot. its more of a "holy crap this is awesome" feeling under your feet.........

i bought these from the mall, finishline i think these are the 10 aniversary retros release a couple years ago.

pics:

that red thing is the airflow channel at the center of the shoe. this is where the airflow packs connect in the midfoot

in the OGs if u wore the outsoles out eventually u saw that the dmx was blue. here, the dmx packs are gold, but the insides are red

as u can see the pods are hollow, i had once hypothesized that may them filled them with foam cuz the cushioning was so firm, but no its nothing in there. i dont know if there was "pressurized" air in  there or not

as u can see here, the pods are connnected, u can see a small hole where air could flow into this pod from another pod

the connection chamber again

thats alot of foam. ALOT

look at all that foam, man.

PROLOGE:

no i do not give a single damn about spelling errors.

Thank you so much for this. At least we know they didn't falsely advertise the shoes, but why in the world would they do this, knowing that people wouldn't be able to feel it? That would perhaps explain the DMX foam of the Answer IV retros...

If you didn't cut up the other shoe yet, try to get a hair dryer or something and detach the sole in one piece and see if the DMX is actually pressurized and working.

If you didn't cut up the other shoe yet, try to get a hair dryer or something and detach the sole in one piece and see if the DMX is actually pressurized and working.

I still have the other shoe intact

How long would i have to blow dry the sole?

Honestly, I'm not even sure. I just know people do that when doing sole swaps and stuff. Some people just let them sit in the sun for a while too and the glue will start to melt if it's hot enough.

I def remember that feeling of the ol'g DMX i used to have them runners and it does not feel the same as the new releases.   This is the only disappointing part; however the Shaq's and the Kamikazes still feel the same as the ol'g although it is hexalite technology.

Back
Top Bottom