@@@ REEBOK @@@ SHAQ ATTACKS @@@

Repped thanks
you're welcome dude
nthat.gif

I just got my Shaw Attaq 4s. Great for $50. After fiddling around with them I got used to the pump. Crazy ankle support.

$50!? From where
try to google search a coupon code for finishline to get them cheaper. I forgot how I did it a few months ago but I got my Shaq Attaq 4's for $35 from Finishline. I might get another pair, people slept on that shoe. Only thing I don't like about the shoe is that I think the quality could have been a bit better. You'll see when you get them, the shoe feels flimsy almost cheap and the paint on the medial side of the bottom sole is peeling off. I never seen that before on a shoe. I'll post pics later. 

How's the fit on these? I normally wear 10.5 Jordan and Nike. But got a 10 for pump fury reebok.
If you're talking about Shaq Attaq 1's you need to go a half size up, so if you wear a 10.5 you need a 11 in them. I wear a size 10 in Jordans and most shoes and a size 10 in Shaq attaq's wasn't feeling right. I got a 10.5 and they fit perfect. 

I got a question for people that own the Shaq Attaq 1's and the 4's....

On the 1's, I know the leather is really good quality. How can I get the toe box from stop creasing? I'm not talking about the normal creasing from walking and the bend of your foot but I got a crease on both toe boxes that go up that looks like a ninja turtle foot. So annoying I hardly wear them because of that. I don't think the picture can really show you what I'm talking about because I have paper stuffed inside of them but it's like the toe box leather doesn't have good structure to hold it's shape. Wanted to know if anyone has any tips on this

on the Shaq Attaq 4's, has anyone dealt with the paint peeling off their soles? I wore mines like 3 times and this started to happen. I tried to put some glue on it to fit it but after wearing them like 2 times after it started to peel off again. It's like Reebok used some really cheap paint or something, it's peeling off like it's a sticker. These shoes retail for $140, I don't see how with the poor craftsmanship they put into that shoe. Any tips besides repainting them?

For the Attaq l, don't stress, genuine leather creases its normal, nothing you can do. For me that's part of the charm to see them crease, just like back in the early 90's when almost every shoe was top quality not like today. If you are too worried and OCD like me, get another pair to stay fresh and look at it and just wear the first one :smile:

For the Attaq lV, I have seen issue like that with other shoes, but both of my pairs are near perfect, probably some poor Chinese soul was too sleepy that day in the factory and didn't mix the paint right, aging grab another pair and beat the hell out of the first one.

I got a question for people that own the Shaq Attaq 1's and the 4's....

On the 1's, I know the leather is really good quality. How can I get the toe box from stop creasing? I'm not talking about the normal creasing from walking and the bend of your foot but I got a crease on both toe boxes that go up that looks like a ninja turtle foot. So annoying I hardly wear them because of that. I don't think the picture can really show you what I'm talking about because I have paper stuffed inside of them but it's like the toe box leather doesn't have good structure to hold it's shape. Wanted to know if anyone has any tips on this

on the Shaq Attaq 4's, has anyone dealt with the paint peeling off their soles? I wore mines like 3 times and this started to happen. I tried to put some glue on it to fit it but after wearing them like 2 times after it started to peel off again. It's like Reebok used some really cheap paint or something, it's peeling off like it's a sticker. These shoes retail for $140, I don't see how with the poor craftsmanship they put into that shoe. Any tips besides repainting them?

For the Attaq Is they used a thin but real, full grain leather and the toe box is on the wider side - this causes the odd creasing/crumpling that you're experiencing. There are diifferent grades of 'real' leather and they opted to use a thinner version, when they ought to have a thicker version so that it can hold its shape. As trent said, don't stress too much over it as we're lucky to be getting any kind of real materials in this day and age.

My black pair of Attaq IVs aren't doing what yours is but my White pair had paint chipping after one wear. The White pair in general was really disappointing due to the cheap, plastic 'leather' being used but I got it for under $100 (around $70) so I'm willing to let it slide. Did you pay $140 for the Attaq IVs? Hopefully not, but I agree with you that the paint issues are unacceptable. You could fix it by sanding that area with a high grit sand paper and repainting it.

Last edited:
I remember the same exact creasing going on a cross over the toe with the original pairs released back in 92-93, one of my best friends had them and they did exactly the same and I remember us discussing back than how great the shoe looks on a display, but not great when you wear them a few times and to mention even more than a few, actually that fact stopped a few guys not to buy them, because they were stressing too much about the creasing. One of the reasons growing up to love and buy black colored and upper based kicks, most of them were made out of nubuck/durabuck and the crease is almost none existing even months and years after wear, especially when you are allowed only one pair per year, if you are lucky that is. White based sneakers were almost always looking better, but once you start wearing them, the story changes.

With the Attaq l retros is really interesting, as you all saw I have quite a few pairs, to say at least, and some of them have a very thick leather, some of them not that much, but at the end I absolutely appreciate the fact that Reebok used genuine materials and staid as much as possible to the original look and feel, unfortunately they failed to carry that same trend to all the rest of the retro line. 

Last edited:
^^^
I honestly don't know when or why creasing became such a big issue amongst these new jack, sneakerheads. As a teen growing up in the mid 90s I couldn't give a rat's behind how my kicks creased and this followed into my 20s and now my 30s.

I'd rather have a shoe with real materials that is COMFORTABLE to wear and creases naturally than some stiff, plastic #&@& that looks good only in pictures with advanced lighting and filtering applied.

^^^
I honestly don't know when or why creasing became such a big issue amongst these new jack, sneakerheads. As a teen growing up in the mid 90s I couldn't give a rat's behind how my kicks creased and this followed into my 20s and now my 30s.

I'd rather have a shoe with real materials that is COMFORTABLE to wear and creases naturally than some stiff, plastic #&@& that looks good only in pictures with advanced lighting and filtering applied.

And THIS is why I enjoy the Reebok threads. Guys my age with similar taste. Great to be able to ignore the hype and just buy (and wear) what we like.

^^^

I can't speak on anyone else but I was born in the early 80's bro, I've been collecting sneakers since I was 10 years old. I'm far from a new jack.

I like my kicks to still look some what crispy after multiple wears especially when I don't dog them out all crazy and also have a extensive rotation so it's not like I'm wearing them too often. I only wore my Shaq 1's about 5-8 times and the creasing on the toe box looks crazy to me compared to other kicks I have that I've worn longer. I don't mind getting my kicks dirty or creased up a bit because it gives the shoe character and I get to enjoy wearing over time but I don't usually double up on shoes so I want them looking as prestine as possible through the years.

For the Attaq Is they used a thin but real, full grain leather and the toe box is on the wider side - this causes the odd creasing/crumpling that you're experiencing. There are diifferent grades of 'real' leather and they opted to use a thinner version, when they ought to have a thicker version so that it can hold its shape. As trent said, don't stress too much over it as we're lucky to be getting any kind of real materials in this day and age.

My black pair of Attaq IVs aren't doing what yours is but my White pair had paint chipping after one wear. The White pair in general was really disappointing due to the cheap, plastic 'leather' being used but I got it for under $100 (around $70) so I'm willing to let it slide. Did you pay $140 for the Attaq IVs? Hopefully not, but I agree with you that the paint issues are unacceptable. You could fix it by sanding that area with a high grit sand paper and repainting it.
I see, makes sense now. That leather is really thin on the 1's. Made me not want to get the white Orlando colorway, especially what the resellers are asking for. I love the quality Reebok put into it. Makes me think had this been a Nike retro the materials would be all cheap so I appreciate what Reebok did I just wish they made it more sturdier so the shape would hold better. 

I paid $35-40 for my 4's at Finishline a few months back, might double up on them since they still got a lot of pairs left for the low. I was just saying for the retail price being $140, you'd think the quality would be a little better like they 1's and the Shaqnosis. I remember first pulling them out the box and noticing how the paint job wasn't that impressive but besides that I'm happy Reebok dropped them, I thought those would never come back out again. I was thinking about doing what you said and repainting that part of the sole. I never seen the white pairs in person but just looking at them on Instagram from people that had them and some stock pics the leather didn't look all that great to me. Thanks for the info, repped

For the Attaq l, don't stress, genuine leather creases its normal, nothing you can do. For me that's part of the charm to see them crease, just like back in the early 90's when almost every shoe was top quality not like today. If you are too worried and OCD like me, get another pair to stay fresh and look at it and just wear the first one :smile:

For the Attaq lV, I have seen issue like that with other shoes, but both of my pairs are near perfect, probably some poor Chinese soul was too sleepy that day in the factory and didn't mix the paint right, aging grab another pair and beat the hell out of the first one.
I don't mind creasing at all but the way these creases look on foot is a little disappointing. The picture I posted doesn't show it as well because I had the sneaker stuffed to pop the crease out when their in the box but yeah I can get a little OCD with my kicks..lol. I paid $60 for mines back in November, the cheapest I seen them now was for $100. I rather spend $100 on a different shoe then to get the same on again. I like to wear my shoes, I can't really keep a shoe on ice so I never really double up anymore. I used to back in the day till they took up too much space in my closet but I see what you are saying. 

Was thinking the same because straight out the box the first thing I noticed was the paint job not being all that great but I'm not going to make it a issue. I'm glad I got a pair in my closet. Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. Oh by the way, good work on them Youtube videos, I'm a subscriber. I like going through your vids, you know your history. This day and age everyone is all hyped up on Nike and Jordans, I don't see many videos like yours up there so it's good to see that. I stopped collecting Jordans 2 years ago and most of the Nikes I get now are more on the older end, I don't really pick up what's new unless it's a kick that's retroing for the first time or something I couldn't get before that's coming back out again. This allowed me to appreciate other brands I was into when I was young like Reebok, Puma and Adidas. Keep dropping them videos!! 

Thanks a lot appreciate it. Its funny actually if you search Reebok on YT, most likely the first few videos will be mine, it really is true that there are not a lot of fans of the brand out there, but hey I don't care, I buy what I like and I love Reebok since 1990 and will always will no matter what, even when the company management are trying very hard to turn away people like myself. 

I can't speak on anyone else but I was born in the early 80's bro, I've been collecting sneakers since I was 10 years old. I'm far from a new jack.

I like my kicks to still look some what crispy after multiple wears especially when I don't dog them out all crazy and also have a extensive rotation so it's not like I'm wearing them too often. I only wore my Shaq 1's about 5-8 times and the creasing on the toe box looks crazy to me compared to other kicks I have that I've worn longer. I don't mind getting my kicks dirty or creased up a bit because it gives the shoe character and I get to enjoy wearing over time but I don't usually double up on shoes so I want them looking as prestine as possible through the years.

Yeah fam, that comment wasn't directed at you specifically as you were concerned more about build quality (which I addressed).

Not much you can do really though, Reebok retro/Classics looks to be on life support so I think this is probably the last time we'll see any of these joints reissued if at all ever again.

It's a pity that Adidas tapped into Reebok's catalog after damn near 2 decades - they should've done so in '04-'05 when they purchased Reebok. A decade is a long time but these shoes would've resounded more with a sneaker buying public in their 20s that actually grew up in the 90s than wait till 2013+ and appeal to 20 somethings that were infants in the 90s.

Anyways, money not spent is money saved.

Back
Top Bottom