Refilling Ink Cartridges...

Just curious if any of you do this yourselves, or if not, where do you go to do it? I know Costco does this, but I don't have a membership. Any other suggestions about where to go to do this?

If your printer uses inkjet ink, I'd suggest copping a refill kit on amazon.

If your printer uses some other type of ink, see if you can cop a refill kit for it.

Ink is inexpesive, but the tech that's in ink cartridges are. 

I recently found out how easy it is to refill your ink yourself.

Before I was paying $50+ every so often for ink.

I paid $16+ for a refill kit on amazon and I contains 24+ refills!

This is the product that I purchased. 

Amazon product ASIN B003D7NSPG
So far, I've refilled all four of my ink cartridges twice. It prints just as good as genuine HP ink.

Although, my printer doesn't give me accurate ink levels anymore.

I used to do this with Costco and it was alright for awhile, but then my printer started going crazy. I could never really pinpoint the cause of the problem, but I remember reading that the inability of printers to read ink levels on refilled cartridges could cause problems. I only deal buy new official cartridges nowadays just to avoid any future problems.

I used to do this with Costco and it was alright for awhile, but then my printer started going crazy. I could never really pinpoint the cause of the problem, but I remember reading that the inability of printers to read ink levels on refilled cartridges could cause problems. I only deal buy new official cartridges nowadays just to avoid any future problems.
I've read about that as well. I can only speak on inkjet cartridges that have sponges underneath. After a while, the sponges in the cartridges start to deteriorate, if they're dry for a while. Meaning that they haven't been refilled in several weeks.

If you're refilling your inkjet cartridges fairly often, it slows down that sponge deteriorating process. Because the sponge is constantly moist rather than dry. Moist sponges help the ink flow better whereas a dry sponge will not allow the ink to flow as well or at all. 

I've been using official HP ink cartiriges for about 2 months, then putting ink in those OG HP cartridges for a month. The printer says that the ink cartridges are empty, but I've been printing flawlessly.

I'm no expert, this is just what I've found out through reading about printer ink.

HP is the jordan brand of the printer game.

http://www.extremetech.com/computin...-printers-ink-cartridges-hp-says-no-of-course

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom