Reggae Chune Of The Day Vol. Yuku

Alot of good music here

But Movado Brown Bottle.

Cant Wait to smoke again and listen to some good reggae.

Gunitjordan wrote:
Lemme go back a lil further 1980

Burning Spear - African Postman

wow my dude really knows his reggae

Selassie I

Glad to see reggae posts on niketalk.
when alot of us know good music and have a great respect for it.

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

Gunitjordan wrote:
Lemme go back a lil further 1980

Burning Spear - African Postman

wow my dude really knows his reggae

Selassie I

Glad to see reggae posts on niketalk.
when alot of us know good music and have a great respect for it.

word
pimp.gif
this post has taken off. lets keep it goin
b58159ea89171ed6c967abc4655ef020cf227e7.gif

Sinsemilla - Black Uhuru
I & I Survive - Burning Spear

that "weed bag" joint is crack
pimp.gif

thread makes me wish Island Soul on VH1 soul was on

I listen to alot of reggae and im up on alot of the artist the culutre but, i get lost in the termonology of reggae. Im a Yank, so can someone from theYard(please help b/c alot of my friends are jafakings) give me a run down on these types of reggae culture, riddim, dancehall, and chune. oh yeah what is aGONG? Im on that richie spice - pon de marijuana

Originally Posted by Donny Walker Blaq

I listen to alot of reggae and im up on alot of the artist the culutre but, i get lost in the termonology of reggae. Im a Yank, so can someone from the Yard(please help b/c alot of my friends are jafakings) give me a run down on these types of reggae culture, riddim, dancehall, and chune. oh yeah what is a GONG? Im on that richie spice - pon de marijuana
Basically there are 2 types - roots/culture/righteous and dancehall.

Culture reggae is mostly slower and song topics are righteous, political, religious, love, etc. This is the kind of reggae that most suburban Americans areexposed to because of Bob Marley.

Dancehall is just like the name states - dance music. It is usually a more modern beat than tradtional culture reggae. Most of it is fast paced. The songs andlyrics can get really vulgar and violent. Some artists do strictly dancehall, some do strictly culture, some are hybrids - Buju Banton, Capleton, Sizzla. Chances are if you are not from the Carribean, you won't "get" dancehall music.

A "riddim" is a "rhythm" or beat. The way dancehall is structured is you will have someone produce a riddim and then a bunch of artistswill do songs on that riddim. Dancehall is riddim driven. A lot of unknown artists got big just by having a good song on a riddim.

Chune - A "tune" or song.

Originally Posted by Ghenges

Originally Posted by Donny Walker Blaq

I listen to alot of reggae and im up on alot of the artist the culutre but, i get lost in the termonology of reggae. Im a Yank, so can someone from the Yard(please help b/c alot of my friends are jafakings) give me a run down on these types of reggae culture, riddim, dancehall, and chune. oh yeah what is a GONG? Im on that richie spice - pon de marijuana
Basically there are 2 types - roots/culture/righteous and dancehall.

Culture reggae is mostly slower and song topics are righteous, political, religious, love, etc. This is the kind of reggae that most suburban Americans are exposed to because of Bob Marley.

Dancehall is just like the name states - dance music. It is usually a more modern beat than tradtional culture reggae. Most of it is fast paced. The songs and lyrics can get really vulgar and violent. Some artists do strictly dancehall, some do strictly culture, some are hybrids - Buju Banton, Capleton, Sizzla. Chances are if you are not from the Carribean, you won't "get" dancehall music.

A "riddim" is a "rhythm" or beat. The way dancehall is structured is you will have someone produce a riddim and then a bunch of artists will do songs on that riddim. Dancehall is riddim driven. A lot of unknown artists got big just by having a good song on a riddim.

Chune - A "tune" or song.

Thanx, for dropping some indepth knowledge

"Big~n~Fat weigh 500 pounds / welll di killah gon break it down / looord deh gal bring di whole ah country to my town / an sey she afiwear killah crown"

Back
Top Bottom