Relocation help for new Cali resident

Posted this question in General but was told to ask here instead. I moved from Vegas to SoCal, Corona to be exact, and I am in desperate need of moving. I never knew how hard it was to find a nice spot in the LA to OC area that had in unit washer dryer. I'm just looking for a nice neighborhood that won't be ridiculous traffic driving to work in El Segundo. Everybody here I ask either has no idea or tells me to try westsiderentals.com, I don't mind paying for the site just checking if there's other options. Thanks for the help.

Westsiderentals is your best bet, but Craigslist isn't bad either. Best of luck

IMO, you should consider craigslist or apartment.com. Corona to El Segundo is a brutal commute. What is your budget? That is going to dictate a lot. Also, would you consider a roommate? Craigslist has some roommate opps or even sublet. 

Budget is around 1800. Roommate is a no go. I think I found some options.

1800/mo. is a pretty good budget, kinda hard to believe you're struggling to find a nice neighborhood to stay in.

How long/short do you want your commute to be?

Can't help you out with specific namedrops of apartments.

Generally, try Santa Monica [west-ish] or Century City [northwest-ish] from El Segundo.

You might experience traffic on the 10/405 freeways, but you'll get the hang of side street commuting.

San Fernando Valley might be a backup plan [up the 405], but despite being within 25 miles or less, your commutes might be an hour long.

$1800 - you can probably get a decent place around El Segundo itself. Playa Del Rey is an option possible for  1 bedroom. Other places could be Redondo Beach & Culvery City,

To add - with that budget, I would really try hard to live 10-15 miles max away from work.

Back
Top Bottom