Remember when this Air Jordan ____ dropped? (Check page 1 weekly..)

Originally Posted by LaceLocka

Lol....2006...I had planned the whole year out (kix-wise) to optimize this release for the best result.... and I %*$$%** woke up late. 8am when I suppose to be at Arden Fair Mall @ 2am. Called my bois and they already camped out....but came away with NO PAIRS...were told only 25 pairs for about 200+ people. Nike.com? yeah right. Eastbay? Reps were laughing at me before I could finish the word Grape (Grapes...=dial tone) I was so heated that I missed out on these shoes for retail when I planned so well. This is where NT marketplace shined on me for a DS pair for $175 in 11.5...this is when I decided to stop lurking for what had been since 2003 and really be a member of the best message board on the net for all things Nike and Jordan. Thank you NT.

LOL, funny story man, but it's good to see you got a pair from NT in the end. 

The only release I ever camped out for were the Altitudes in February 2005.  I got to NikeTown at 12pm and there were already about 35 people ahead of me.  They opened up at 9pm and I wasn't able to get my sz12 and I didn't want to cop a small size just to resell. I froze my butt off that night for nothing, that's when I told myself that I would never camp out again.  I cop all my stuff online now.

I wasn't collecting at the time , but I am on the hunt for a DS pair in size 10... can't find any good prices on ebay.. cheapest I see is $300.

smh.gif

tired.gif

Missed the release due to a Basketball game
and missed a release at a local Nike Outlet due to school.
One of my worst memories of a sneaker release and i refuse to pay the Hypebeast/Resale price.

I still smh @ my damn self for not havin the enough dough to cop these in 06. Got the fires & metallics, but i'd rather have 2 pairs of these instead

got my pair in 06 sz13 for retail, and got the og's in pristine shape sz12. so im good, i easily walked into the store a got a pair, even though i know most ppl wont believe that as i didnt myself

i camped out for these with the gf and friends from work and went home empty handed, i was pissed. i got them a week later anyways for a lil over retail, but that release was crazy!!!! fun times bs'n with friends waitin in line.

DMP's... I remember this release as if it were yesterday.

I left my office and met with my girl around 8:30 to get something to eat. We walked down to times square when I saw lines at foot locker and champs sports. It dawned on me that the DMPs were releasing but I couldn't believe how long the lines were. I had never seen a line for sneakers before in my life. It was always easy for me to get a pair of sneakers, I never had to wait online.

I scouted footlocker, footaction, champs and discovered they were all getting limited amounts. If I waited online there was no way I was getting a pair at midnight. I assumed I wasn't going to be able to get a pair, so we started walking to Union Square.

As we walked down Broadway, I saw a line of 4 people at Paragon Sports. I asked what the line was for in which they all said simultaneously "Brittney Spears tickets!!!!" 
indifferent.gif
 I asked, "Is Paragon getting the DMP's?" One dude said yes. So as I was getting ready to stand on line, my girl whined "But I'm hungryyyy!!!!" 
tired.gif

The dudes on line started laughing at me as I pleaded for them to hold my spot in line; that if they did I would bring them back a pie of pizza. They all laughed and said "Don't worry, we got you."

My girl and I proceeded to Cozy Soup and Burgers on 8th st to get some food. The entire time at the diner, I was thinking "I hope they hold my spot, I hope they hold my spot" I didn't even eat, I sat and watched my girl eat a huge burger and fries. When she finished I paid for the food and told her I was going back to line up for the sneakers. I kissed her goodnight and told her I should be back home at around 1am. She was furious I was spending money on sneakers. But what could she say, I was bread winner of the two
glasses.gif

I got back to the line and saw there was 15 people online. I thought to myself "Damn, there's going to be problems." But as soon I got to the front of the line, dude in the front yelled, "This is the dude who spot we been holding. He's in front of you." I was super appreciative.

It was now 10:30 and I told one of the guys in front of me, "this won't be bad, only an hour and a half to go."
The dude looked at me and said, "The store ain't doing a midnight release, they're opening up 10 in the morning." My mouth dropped. 
sick.gif
 I called my girl to tell her I will be out all night in the freezing cold to get the sneakers. Of course she wasn't happy, but I thought oh well.

As the hours went by I waited patiently on the floor; half asleep. It must have been around 3:30 in the morning when some drunk dude came by asking what was the line for. Still half asleep I heard some dude yell out "Jordans." The drunkie looked around and asked, how much are the Jordans? Again someone yelled, "$300" The drunk dude looked around, took a head count and said "25 heads each with $300." That's when my head snapped up and knew there was going to be problems. Just as I snapped up my head, a short little asian dude stepped in front of the drunk dude and said "Yeah, we all got that money. You got a %@%@%%$ problem." All I could think of was that this little asian dude got mad heart to step in front of dude who was alot bigger then him. They stared at each other for about 6 seconds before the drunk dude walked away. Back to sleep I went.

Around 6 in the morning the sun started to come out. I was freezing. I asked dude to hold my spot because I wanted to head over to BK to get a heavier coat. I got home (which was only a 15 minute train ride), kissed my girl, got a coat and went back out. As I was walking back to the train station, I wondered if Fulton st had lines for the DMPs. I walked over to Fulton St and saw Foot Locker, Foot Action and Models all had a line. But to my surprise, there was only 1 person online at DR J's and they were opening at 8am. I called my girl to head over to DR J’s while I went back to Paragon. She screamed at me “LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!

week 2

Yeh I remember those, I was working at Finishline and they wouldn't let us get the discount on them. My store wasn't getting them so I had to go through too much. I just said screw it since I my retroes were still in great shape.

I got into the game shortly after these released but I was suppose to buy them from my manager at Finishline and then he changed his mind last minute. I was beyond heated.

Me4u2night dope story. I never really had to wait in line cuz I worked at Finishline but I wish JB would actually release some good qaulity retros so that there would be something to wait on line for.

Originally Posted by JordanFan04

My grails, and I missed out. Didn't have a job at the time 
tired.gif

same here man. I was broke as a joke for that release. really regret not finding a way to get some dough for that pack!!

all hell broke loose wen dey dropped. sum ppl were happy & othas were mad end of story haha

I wasn't collecting when they dropped but I got mine when they re-realeased then here in Phoenix last year for all star weekend... Still DS and super icy in my closset

Originally Posted by MethRer1A

I wasn't collecting when they dropped but I got mine when they re-realeased then here in Phoenix last year for all star weekend... Still DS and super icy in my closset

Wait, what? These were rereleased???

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

I take it you're referring to the retro.

Me and my boys were in school and decided we'd go to Pittsburgh for the release at Sneaker Villa. We leave Morgantown around 3 and get to pittsburgh a little after 4. When we get there, we hassle the workers about size availability, exact time of release, and if there had been getting a lot of call volume for them or not. So after we leave their store we just chill around Pitt, going to different stores and what not. My boy gets his car out of the parking garage and parks it right in front of SV, so we can bounce immediately after we get our kicks (we'd been to pitt previously for the DMP release and knew how pitt dudes were).

About an hour before the release mad heads roll in the store and just chill there until the release. One such cat tells me he won't have any problems and if he does he knows what to do. He proceeds to brandish a gun he has in his pocket. I didn't know it was that serious, damn. Anywho, the time for the release finally rolls around, which was about 10pm, if I'm not mistaken. The employees had guaranteed me they had enough of my size 13 to go around, but when I get to the register, the biggest is a 12. Mind you, the few people in front of me all got smaller sizes, so I know some shadiness was going on. Ended up getting the 12 instead. My boy got his 12 as well, while my other boy was left out in the dry on his 14 (they didn't even get the size).

It was a good night. Well worth it.

I was there for that mess on Friday night, then I went to the other Sneaker Villa in east liberty and copped another pair the next morning (they didnt do a midnight release) and dude was there causing mad problems.....he had like 5 heads with him trying to buy them all up to resell, the manager wouldnt let him buy more than 2, because of him the manager would let you ask for only 1 size and if they didnt have it, you had to keep it moving.  when i got up to the line i asked for my 11 and thank god they had it.  My brother in law went with me and he asked for a 12 and they didnt have it but the dude after him asked for a 12.5 and they had that.  he would have copped a 12.5 if that clown that was strapped didnt screw it all up.  My favorite part of the whole ordeal was that if he didnt have a gun, he would have gotten stomped by at least half the ppl in line.....

Back
Top Bottom