Reminder: The NT Keeper League drafts tonight, 7:30 EST.

11th pick
smh.gif

good draft guys...

i'm looking for a WR...owners of jennings or welker...expect an offer coming your way

laugh.gif

im not on the bengal offense as a whole yet...but ill entertain offers no doubt
nerd.gif

Something about my team feels off. I guess it's just because that was my first draft this year.

On the block:

Shiancoe
Pennington
Coles
Curtis

Nothing major.

so for trades...can we trade future draft picks (only draft picks for next season, nothing beyond that just to keep it from getting too out of hand)?

i think draft picks should be trade-able since its a keeper, thats part of the fun

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

so for trades...can we trade future draft picks (only draft picks for next season, nothing beyond that just to keep it from getting too out of hand)?

i think draft picks should be trade-able since its a keeper, thats part of the fun
I agree that sounds good

And I'll send some offers out...

I don't like that idea at all...Not to be the party pooper, but that can seriously skew this whole thing. If you got a team who is clearly out of it andstarts building for future seasons, you'll get a team that can and will stack up considerably and make it kind of....well, no fun.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I don't like that idea at all...Not to be the party pooper, but that can seriously skew this whole thing. If you got a team who is clearly out of it and starts building for future seasons, you'll get a team that can and will stack up considerably and make it kind of....well, no fun.
i see your point. but i mean if thats clearly the case, trades can be vetoed. all trades will be up for review so we can all vote on whether ornot the trade should be approved.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I don't like that idea at all...Not to be the party pooper, but that can seriously skew this whole thing. If you got a team who is clearly out of it and starts building for future seasons, you'll get a team that can and will stack up considerably and make it kind of....well, no fun.
That's part of the reasoning for a keeper league in the first place. I say it should be allowed. Players should also be allowed to be tradedafter the season is over. Next year is the draft order going to be reverse order of this year's final standings?

Yeah...I'm just saying...Chances are usually pretty high that one player gives up on the season anyway, but instead of not starting players week to week hebrings about a fire sale that completely ruins the game.

We can roll with it and see how it goes, but If anything fishy is going on, I hope we all have the wherewithal to veto the nonsense.

I'm in 2 other keeper leagues, and in one league there was no "fire-sale" rule in effect and I watched one guy make 8 picks in the first threerounds yesterday (5 in the first -_-). He gave up after week 5 (between Brady, Bush and Colston injuries), set AP, McFadden, Brady, and Colston as his keepers,and started shipping his players out.

Fast forward to today - after 4 keepers from each team there were ~48 players off the board. He still managed to get Brian Westbrook, Antonio Gates, RoddyWhite, Wes Welker and Brandon Jacobs.

So now he's got a starting line-up of:
Tom Brady
Adrian Peterson
Brian Westbrook
Marques Colston
Roddy White
Antonio Gates
Wes Welker/Darren McFadden/Brandon Jacobs

In a 12 person league.
grin.gif

I wish we had a rule in that league to prevent such acts...

We could make a rule where you could only trade for 4th rounders or lower, or something similar.

I think with the people we have in this league we wouldn't have to worry about it and besides if someone does try to do something of that nature I'msure one of us would spot it and veto it right away. Just saying.

well we can definitely police for fire sales...we just have to watch out for it. and all trades will be up for approval by the league.

also keep in mind when trading away your draft pics...in a keeper ff league, draft picks have higher value than in the nfl, since you're not just draftingrookies. so try and be smart when putting together trade proposals.

i think a rule similar to what sfn proposed might work well.

but don't worry, fire sales wont be allowed...we'll def. keep an eye out on that.

Back
Top Bottom