Renting a cabin ( Big Bear)

Wassup guys.. i'm planning on renting a cabin but theres so many websites that rent out big bear cabins.. do you guys recommend any ? and any other adviceon where to stay or what to look for. Thanks
happy.gif

I'd call and ask assistant from the resort you wanted to go, most of them know and has access to all the info or perhaps you can look under vacationsection on LA newspaper, sometimes there's a small section for any vacation rental properties. Hope that helps.

if there's going to be anywhere from 8+ people rent a cabin. you can get small cabins for a good price (as well as larger). The ones my boys and I get areusually privately owned a just have to search the net. Hopefully there will be some snow this year....especially with this drought we're having

do not go to bigbearvacations.com

i rented a cabin a few years back for me and about 10 of my friends. The place was not that nice, old, musky ( i guess most cabins are musky) but had decentamenities like pool table and spa. We cleaned the place on the last day and cut. They took our full security deposit claiming that never in their lifetime didthey see such disregard for their property.

WTF? Its not like we had a raging party there or anything. We went up to snowboard and at nights we would cook a nice dinner and relax with some beers andwine. Some of their claims were that we broke a side table, broke the couch (from sitting on it too hard I guess) and some pool cues were missing (cause crappycrooked $10 pool cues are a hot commodity these days). After disputing many of the claims and threatening to file a lawsuit they relented a little bit and gavea portion of the deposit back.

Unless you want to have hundreds of dollars stolen from you, I advise not to do business with them. I had such a bad experience that year that I vowed never togo back. Never been back up to Big Bear since. Eff that city, eff that place. Sticking with Mammoth.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

do not go to bigbearvacations.com

i rented a cabin a few years back for me and about 10 of my friends. The place was not that nice, old, musky ( i guess most cabins are musky) but had decent amenities like pool table and spa. We cleaned the place on the last day and cut. They took our full security deposit claiming that never in their lifetime did they see such disregard for their property.

WTF? Its not like we had a raging party there or anything. We went up to snowboard and at nights we would cook a nice dinner and relax with some beers and wine. Some of their claims were that we broke a side table, broke the couch (from sitting on it too hard I guess) and some pool cues were missing (cause crappy crooked $10 pool cues are a hot commodity these days). After disputing many of the claims and threatening to file a lawsuit they relented a little bit and gave a portion of the deposit back.

Unless you want to have hundreds of dollars stolen from you, I advise not to do business with them. I had such a bad experience that year that I vowed never to go back. Never been back up to Big Bear since. Eff that city, eff that place. Sticking with Mammoth.

mammoth is the best no doubt plus there is better chances of getting real snow.

Back
Top Bottom