Renting an apartment with bad credit

Whats good fam, I've been looking for an apartment to rent (word to still living at home thread) but I'm getting rejected left and right because of my credit score..I have no prior evictions and no criminal history, its just about 11 thousand dollars in debt I have that I working on paying off. Does anybody have any experience with getting a place with bad credit? Any suggestions guys can offer will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot 

If you have a solid work history, I would petition them to base their decision on that instead.  However, if you still have $11K in debt, I would stay at home for a couple more months and pay that down as fast as possible.  That should not only help your financial picture, but also increase your score too.

With bad credit or rental history, u may have to lower your standard as far as where u wanna live...some spots may make u put down a deposit

Tried Section 8?

Dunno about your area, but hit a gas station, get one of them apt books for free. Chk on the apts that work with such issue. They have them single out in the booklet

Originally Posted by crcballer55

If you have a solid work history, I would petition them to base their decision on that instead.  However, if you still have $11K in debt, I would stay at home for a couple more months and pay that down as fast as possible.  That should not only help your financial picture, but also increase your score too.
NT rarity... first post on point, nuthing else need be said

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

Originally Posted by crcballer55

NT rarity... first post on point, nuthing else need be said

Good looking out but unfortunately staying home isn't an option 
ohwell.gif
my peoples are moving to another state by the end of next month and I won't be able to make a big dent in the payment by then.. Any more suggestions?

And thanks to everyone who responded, all are good advice.

If you must move, Look for private owned apartment ie. inside a multi-family house or above a family owned business.

I work as a leasing agent at an apartment complex and have to approve and decline people. My advice is to show a good rental history (if you have any) and a pay stub or a document showing compensation from your job. You can also offer first and last month rent if you can afford it.

Try to find a friend you can move in with and pay rent.

Or something along the lines, maybe you can move in with someone.

Back
Top Bottom