Repainted My flint 13's and laneys. lemme know what you think.

The other day i got in these flint 13's for $50 on ebay. These pics are the pics before i did restoration. The pods were pink and dirty and toebox has somedirty marks and such.

This is what they look like now... Any paint marks on the black have been taken off.

I also did my laneys Toe . Dont mind the laces. Just testing out colors.

This is what they look like now.

kinda sloppy but good job
grin.gif

the before pics of laneys makes front toe area look less yellowed. trust.... it was yellow.

SKRIBZZRC- people are just trying to give you feedback and it sounds like you don't wanna hear it... so don't post it-
anyway, you did a solid job on the XIII's but the toe on the V's does look a little TOO white, i kind of liked it how it
was before, it gives it the vintage look

nono that first guy posted on like every single one of previous posts with some stupid comment. and i was just commenting that the before looks good... butthats only because i tried to take pics to make it look good although it really did look more yellow.

nice! dont mind the haterz, they all criticize for no reason, look pretty good job though!

the white parts look a little "too white" but not bad

Yeah, that's why I'm never keen on painting the leather of sneakers - it always looks odd and doesn't last especially well - if you wear them (andI don't know why you would have sneakers and not wear them). Painting parts that were painted and has worn off is obviously totally reasonable.

You now have a contrast between the toe section and the flat part of the toebox. Makes them look painted.

I would have given them a good clean before touching them with paint.

Originally Posted by kdwallace

the white parts look a little "too white" but not bad

Yeah, that's why I'm never keen on painting the leather of sneakers - it always looks odd and doesn't last especially well - if you wear them (and I don't know why you would have sneakers and not wear them). Painting parts that were painted and has worn off is obviously totally reasonable.

You now have a contrast between the toe section and the flat part of the toebox. Makes them look painted.

I would have given them a good clean before touching them with paint.
Yeah.... i cleaned em.... Im gonna try and make the paint a bit dull.... make it dirty then clean it or something lol.

as others have said, i dont think the laneys needed a paint job, although if you're going to wear em do what you like, i cant hate on that. If you everdecide to sell, they'll be less desirable though...The flints came out nice

Back
Top Bottom