Reporting Fakes on eBay. Yes or No?

If this has been covered, let me know where. I have been reading all over the forum, but may have missed it.

So recently I bought a pair of Lebron 8 Sprite lows off of a well known guy on twitter. When they arrived something didn't look quite right, and after some investigation I determined them to be fake. He took care of it no probs, but after taking to eBay looking for them, I saw a LOT of fakes of just that one shoe, even some with bids well over $200!!

That brings me to my question, do we as sneakerheads report fakes on eBay, to protect fellow 'heads? Or do we not snitch, go with the "can't knock another mans hustle" and "buyers should be careful and more educated" approach? Holla.

I feel as if sneakerheads should report fakes on ebay. Sneakerheads should look after one another and by reporting fakes they'd be able to do exactly that.

reporting something fakes are not easy to do at least you have proof that they are really selling fake, sometimes seller only show the legit pic from internet

i think we should report it but its hard to do.   i was gonna buy some Lebron IX's China on ebay and i noticed the shoe looked a little off.  I suggest no one buys sneakers off ebay unless the person selling the shoes has the receipt from where they bought the shoe from with the serial number on the receipt matching the serial number on the shoe box.    If they cant do that id stay away from buying off of ebay.   Theres a lot of ways sellers on ebay go about making it look like they are selling legit shoes with fake pics to having  buyer feedback info that they create for themselves with other accounts.  Your best bet is to cop off of legit online shoe stores.

I appreciate the feedback. So I did report the fakes & they have been removed, but I'm sure there are tons more on there. They amount of fake Air Max 2011 & 2012's is incredible. The amount of people bidding on them is crazy too. Some peeps will trust anybody, smh.

I appreciate the feedback. So I did report the fakes & they have been removed, but I'm sure there are tons more on there. They amount of fake Air Max 2011 & 2012's is incredible. The amount of people bidding on them is crazy too. Some peeps will trust anybody, smh.
I know thats why I dont mess with ebay unless the seller has the receipt where they bought them from so i can match the serial number on the receipt with the serial number on the shoe box and no one selling Nikes or Jordans on ebay has a contract with the companies because they wouldnt allow them to just sell there products on ebay without them owning there own store.  So  if they cant produce the receipt for where they bought the shoes from then more then likely there fakes.

then how do some of the american sellers on ebay have 100's of each style...?
because their selling a bunch of fakes. I could buy a bunch of fakes for whole sale prices right now from different  online stores overseas.  I looked into getting a Nike and a Jordan account.  There very strict with who they let sell their shoes.  They wont let one of there buyers sell there products on ebay.  Matter of fact peoples stores have been losing there nike and jordan accounts for doing things wrong.   I know a shoe palace that lost their jordan account because they were selling the jordans a couple days before the actual release dates.  One more thing i'd like to say.  Do you really thing  Nike or Jordan is gonna give more pairs of a shoe to someone selling without a actual store and selling them on ebay  over fottlockers, finishlines, champs etc? 

Last edited:
slow your roll buddy, im just looking for clarification here...k

so like this guy...http://myworld.ebay.com/vipexclusives/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

all his stuff is fake..?
my bad if i came off like i was attacking you.  But no he seems real because he says he provides the receipt from where he bought the shoes from if you want to see the receipt that matches the serial number on the shoe box.   This guy has a hook up with a mom and pop store it seems.  But still becareful and if you order from him tell him you want the receipt from where he got the shoes from that matches the serial number on the shoe box.  anyone can show a picture of a receipt.

I always report fakes if I catch/see them. Here's what I look for when determing if I will report them;

-Didn't state they were replicas, or outright says they are real when they aren't.
-Has active bids on them, that exceed their lowest retail value on replica sites.
-No reputation or feedback, but conveniently happens to be selling the most expensive/wanted Nike shoe at the time.

But yea, if we don't, who will?

Last edited:
Nike did not put obama face printed on there shoes.Ebay lets seller sell this fake nikes i went on ebay website and found all the obama nike fakes.Here is a list of the item number for this fakes.
eBay item number:151714450933
eBay item number:201371485899
eBay item number:231591758402
eBay item number:161713714310
eBay item number:141691708336
eBay item number:271900301974
eBay item number:171822051973
eBay item number:281687248447
eBay item number:331570997704
eBay item number:161732775364

Back
Top Bottom