Request: AF25 for a guard...

I see a few big men in the NBA with these on. I'm just curious as a guard too see if these will be a good choice. I'm 5'7 1/2, 190lbs. (I lift alot of weights) and I play 1-2, 3 occasionally. I'm more of a shooter but usually cut to the basket. I have jumpers knee, I'm just interested in thesebecause of the cushioning in which i heard is superb. And also, hows that ankle support?

they're okai for guards but you'll be slow on the court because of the bulky outsole and weight. If you just pass the ball or pull up jumper , thenit's fine. If you use speed as part of your game then don't get them.

youll be ok.You dont lose all that much in terms of court responsiveness.It isnt the zoom bb or zoom kobe 2 but the overall cushioning makes up for that.Anklesupport is good.Nike Air Force 25

Tags : None

I see a few big men in the NBA with these on. I'm just curious as a guard too see if these will be a good choice. I'm 5'7 1/2, 190lbs. (I lift a lot of weights) and I play 1-2, 3 occasionally. I'm more of a shooter but usually cut to the basket. I have jumpers knee, I'm just interested in these because of the cushioning in which i heard is superb. And also, hows that ankle support?

they're okai for guards but you'll be slow on the court because of the bulky outsole and weight. If you just pass the ball or pull up jumper , then it's fine. If you use speed as part of your game then don't get them.

i am of a similar build and my game is mainly speed and slashing. they'll be great, and your speed wont be effected one bit.

the weight of a shoe is really just a mental thing/myth. the fact that some people say that a couple extra OUNCES on a shoe will literally cause them to be physically slower is quite frankly laughable to me. the whole 200 extra pounds through a game thing is crap. are you lifting all 200 pounds at once? no? then on no one single play should you be slower. the peak of human physical athletic performance has shown to be able to withstand much much more than a heavy shoe. how about the 10 pounds of quarter pounder weight you put on? that would have more effect than a heavy shoe. if you prefer a light feeling shoe, then it's fine but in reality there is no basketball shoe, and i mean NOT A SINGLE ONE that is heavy enough to truly hinder your game unless you let it.

again, the af25 is a great shoe that is very useable for mutiple positions and a variety of different game types.

funny thing I've noticed. some dudes have switched from the af25s to the af90s. and the numbers seem to be growing.

Im not a big fan of "the shoe is heavy therefore you're gonna be slower" mentality. You either are or aren't fast.While there is something tobe said about "feeling" faster in certain shoes but ultimately if you're fast..you're gonna be fast in some brick heavy total foampositemaxes or some zoom bb's.

yea, weight is no problem for me, i played in the LB IV's last season. And i honestly posted the thread thinking noone would respond, so thanks and goodlooks for the peeps that responded.

The shoes are good for all positions. My favorite shoe to play in.

I have kobe 1, kobe2, Lebron 2, 4. and many jordans and stuff like that. I prefer my AF25 over all of them

I'm happy with my pair felt good right out of the box i'm 6'4" 215 and play the point and they feel great after long sessions of ballin.
$

Ok, finally got them at the Nike Factory in the Camarillo outlet for 49.99! The shoe feels very stiff, and right now i have the LBJ IV's on my right foot,and the 25's on my left. The Lebrons feel a bit lighter on my feet, maybe its because they're broken in? Did it take you guys awhile for you guys tobreak in to your AF25's? And does the stiffness go away? And lastly, once these are broken in, are they up to par in comfort and performance with theLebrons? Sorry for the really wack questions, cause i was thinking about returning these for another pair of Bron's. But i wanna give these a shot.

2-3 wears the stiffness will go away.They probably wont ever be as flexible as the lebron iv just look at the composition of the outsoles.On the AF 25'syou have a full outsole while the lebrons are segmented.I personally like the AF25's better but everyone's different.I mean why not try them out andwhy even bother with anything if youre gonna base your decision on what we tell you about the shoe without ever wearing them on court.It's your money butto pass/fail a shoe AFTER youve bought it without ever taking it on court is dumb but thats just me.

i definitely like my af25 better than my lebron iv.

much more of a natural feel to them, not as restrictive. cushioning is firmer too.

Back
Top Bottom