Resellers Law should be proposed... Jordan FANATICS STAND UP

Status
Not open for further replies.
today i was thinking, damn so many resellers in the shoe game today. Well here's my thought on that, i think nike should team up with the jordan brand for resellers to get banned by law or have fines for people selling 180 pair of kicks for double the price, i think its unfair for the sneaker heads like myself to not got our hands on the pair of shoes we desire but the reseller that dosen't know the history nor the meaning behind the shoe buys it and sells it for double. I clearly understand you need to make money but the resellers have taken away the fun of buying our favorite jordans. and this is why i think selling jordans over priced should be finned or that be banned... Anyone agree... 

how about jordan/nike limiting all their shoes and upping the price each year.

seriously I don't think this is thread worthy. What if I want to resell my doernbecher 4's I should be fined because I think they're worth more than 180?

I see where your coming from but I doubt Nike is going to legally ban resellers at all, not only is it a waste of time by trying to pick out every single reseller in the world but the resellers are making them money and helping make their retros become an instant sellout. They would careless if us sneakerheads are able to cop or not.

Last edited:
Yo i know, its just a thought.... i know some of you guys disagree i love my jordans, i dont buy jordans to resell it just makes mad to see someone buy a pair just to resell... 

I see your point, but ive picked up a few kicks from people who simply bought the shoe and just decided that they didnt want them anymore... this would put a few shops out of business though as well...

Unfortunately, Jordans have become more trendy then ever. Now you have all kinds of people buying them because they see some wack *** rapper or celebrity wear them and they need to look like them. Then you have the resellers that have no business buying them in the first place. The reason Jordans are what they are is because people bought them because of Michael Jordan. They grew up idolizing him and wanted to "be like Mike" Now they are mostly bought because of trend and the older guys(like me) buy them because of nostalgia. Every time I see an original colorway coming out it reminds me of when I first had them and the whole experience. Its totally different for guys like me. We have a deeper appreciation for them. No doubt. Hopefully, the trend will die out soon and people will flock to another sneaker.

So many things wrong with this "proposal" - Nike doesn't care about resellers because the fact is resellers buy products from Nike retailers so they're making their money. Also, why would Nike spend money to ban people who are buying their shoes? Makes no sense at all.

Unfortunately, Jordans have become more trendy then ever. Now you have all kinds of people buying them because they see some wack *** rapper or celebrity wear them and they need to look like them. Then you have the resellers that have no business buying them in the first place. The reason Jordans are what they are is because people bought them because of Michael Jordan. They grew up idolizing him and wanted to "be like Mike" Now they are mostly bought because of trend and the older guys(like me) buy them because of nostalgia. Every time I see an original colorway coming out it reminds me of when I first had them and the whole experience. Its totally different for guys like me. We have a deeper appreciation for them. No doubt. Hopefully, the trend will die out soon and people will flock to another sneaker.
     Im the same way. But i do from time 2 time buy a "bin" or "doernbecher" release if i have the opportunity cause i know some knucklehead will buy it for more than its actually worth (2 me that is). At the end of the day ,if you REALLY want the sneaker, you'll find a way and put in the work to purchase it for retail. SIMPLE!!!

OP:

I'm guessing you haven't read thru the post on this site, filled w/info. from kids who worked at Beaverton. (I haven't read the whole site either)

I'm also assuming you don't have an MBA. (Nor do I)

..In that thread there's a ton of reasons why your post is unecessary. 
wink.gif

..not being rude, just sayin'.

Starting threads is like fighting drunk, IMO.  ..you should REALLY think about first, not just jump off.  blah.

THAT said?

..I think we all know where you're coming from.  ..or most of us, I'd guess.

We do. 

We all see it.  We're all on FB, Twitter, Google, etc.   ..we're all seeing the same thing.

I'm sure most of us saw pics. of dudes w/pyramids made from packs, stacked higher than some of our members are tall.

..you gotta'remember tho'?  ..it's LEGAL. 

It's only a "crime" to a small % of us in the giant scheme of the industry.

..and usually ONLY when we're personally butt-hurt we missed out on a specific release.

If you got your Concords?  ..you probabaly didn't care that the next dude DIDN'T.  ..feel me?

..that's not a personal attack, it's a general statement. 

Most people forget what it's like to get screwed   ..til they get SCREWED.

..& when they're doin'it big?  ..they forget about the next man.  Just keep it moving.

Kinda'the whole point of NT.  ..is to find "good humans", & work w/THEM, feel me?

..Nike don't give a flyin'you know what.  Neither does Congress or Wall Street.

It's a pretty well known fact at this point, that Nike?  ..doesn't CARE about "sneakerheads".   ..or (fill in anyone else here).

Period.

It's a multi-billion dollar corp. known worldwide by two small logos.  ..they don't need you  ..or me   ..or dude on blah-blah-blah street.

..and you KNOW people will ALWAYS buy Nike, as long as Nike exists.  No protests or proposed buying haults will EVER touch them.

..REAAAALLY not likely. 

It's been stated MANY times, and in this thread already as well, that resellers exist?

..because PEOPLE ARE PAYING THEM TO.

Period.

It's lucrative.  Simple.  Until the shoe buying CONSUMER, effectively as a whole, stops paying the reseller's price point?

..the reseller will continue to exist, flourish, and irritate you.

Agree w/what has been said multiple times over the last week, regarding the GMP release.

Do your homework.  Prepare.  Establish relationships.  Follow thru.  Be realistic.

..THAT'S your best bet to copping in today's current atmosphere.

I'm not even tryin'to be corny, OP.

I personally think it's disgusting, for many reasons.  BUT?

DON'T KNOCK THE HUSTLE.   :tongue:

..you could become what you hate, if you chose to.

In this case, hating the "game", or the player?  ..is gonna'get you nowhere. 

You gotta'do WORK now for some releases.  Period.

It's risk vs reward.   ..what do you want, and what are you WILLING TO DO to GET what you want.  ..feel me?

I was big on AM's for most the past decade.  I never had to deal w/"copping".  lmao.  ..what a joke it is, really.

..when I came back to Jordan's four or so summers ago, trying to acquire the few I like?  ..I was kinda'shocked, I'll admit it.

It it what it is tho'.  You gotta'concentrate on your end.  ..cuz it's not changing for a minute.

I didn't get my pack. 

..and i'm salty to a degree   ..but you know what?   ..that means i should've done MORE to get it.  Take an L, learn & adapt.

No one cares but ME   ..AND?    ..I shouldn't EXPECT anyone to.  

Plus?  ..In the grand scheme of things?  .

..psssht.

We could be heated w/didn't EAT  ..or have clean WATER.  ..I LOVE kicks, but at the end of the day? 

..they're JUST SHOES.

BUUUUUUUUT?  ...if they are important to you?   ..you prove it to yourself by acquring them.  Period.  IMO.

A Meaningless Opinion.  .1.

If people continue to support resellers, why would they stop?

Its like Albert Einstein's definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

:smh:

If I had a dollar for every thread like this following a big release...

You'd invest it in the Swiss Franc and then sell it later, right? Unfortunately, if you did that OP would then propose that you should get banned from the currency speculation market.

Hey, OP, I tell you this as somebody who holds very strong Marxist economic and political views - you are proposing a ban on capitalism. That's crazy. There are many intellectual and moral reasons to consider when evaluating whether capitalism is the best system under which to organize an economy and society, but the price and availability of luxury basketball sneakers is not one of them.

...Dudes essentially proposing reordering the dominant economic philosophy of the country over Air Jordans. This may be a new low in NTers should spend less time in the shoe store and more time in the bookstore history.

Here's a counterproposal - how about NT reinstates its screening policy for new members?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom