Respected rappers you don't listen to VOL. Don't be afraid

How you not listen to Big OR Pac, Joe?
laugh.gif

J. Cole( haven't listened to any his songs until recently. he's ok. he's pretty boring. I'm not impressed)

Drake(even though he has impressed me with some of the song I heard from him lately. he's aiight. he has a catchy flow to me. like, no matter how many times I try to find something that I don't like in his song, It get stuck in my head and I end up putting the song onn repeat. for example, when I first heard "Oh You Fancy", I tried so hard not to like it, but the song got stuck in my head, and I end up liking the song even though it's repetitive.)

Wale( I mean what can I say, dude is garbage. he can't rhyme for #$%^. the only thing I like about him is his shoegame. I think he's more known for having a dope shoe collection than his actual music, and that's sad)

Tech N9ne(Don't get me wrong, I think he is dope. his flow and his wordplay are just too ill. In fact, I think he's underrated. But for some reason I don't listen to him often. and I don't know why)

Gucci Mane( I don't have a problem with him, I just don't get the all the hype surrounding him. To me he's meh. I'll listen to him if his song come on the radio, or if he's featured on a track with an artist I like. that's about it. other than that, he gets no play on my mp3, sorry.)

J. Cole( haven't listened to any his songs until recently. he's ok. he's pretty boring. I'm not impressed)

Drake(even though he has impressed me with some of the song I heard from him lately. he's aiight. he has a catchy flow to me. like, no matter how many times I try to find something that I don't like in his song, It get stuck in my head and I end up putting the song onn repeat. for example, when I first heard "Oh You Fancy", I tried so hard not to like it, but the song got stuck in my head, and I end up liking the song even though it's repetitive.)

Wale( I mean what can I say, dude is garbage. he can't rhyme for #$%^. the only thing I like about him is his shoegame. I think he's more known for having a dope shoe collection than his actual music, and that's sad)

Tech N9ne(Don't get me wrong, I think he is dope. his flow and his wordplay are just too ill. In fact, I think he's underrated. But for some reason I don't listen to him often. and I don't know why)

Gucci Mane( I don't have a problem with him, I just don't get the all the hype surrounding him. To me he's meh. I'll listen to him if his song come on the radio, or if he's featured on a track with an artist I like. that's about it. other than that, he gets no play on my mp3, sorry.)

I don't listen to much UGK. To be honest my first exposure to them was Big Pimpin', they were cool. I like Bun and his recent work along with collabos but usually group wise it's a couple listens of their projects and I don't play much again if ever. I like 8ball & MJG way more. Same for Bone Thugs, couple songs are nice but aint no way I could listen to a whole album of that.

Jay-Z now a days doesn't get much or any listens. Still give his new work a listen just to see any flashes of past greatness. Same with Papoose, KRS One, Busta, and Redman. Stopped playing a lot of EPMD

I still want Luda to make a good album but his albums don't get play, couple songs every now and then. Same with Fab.

If I ever listened to Tech9 it was by accident. I gave Spice 1 a decent listen and not feelin it. Mad bay rappers are trash to me except The Jacka.

A lot of ppl named in here I either listen to or don't respect at all. I don't give a @**+ if they respected in the rap game and I think they're garbage/aren't worth my time but here's the list:

Game
Gucci Mane
Lil' Wayne
Kid Cudi
Rick Ross (I don't think he's respected though
laugh.gif
)
Young Jeezy

There's probably more I can't think. You'd probably have to check my last/fm link and go all the way to the end of the list to see who I really don't @**+ with at all.

I don't listen to much UGK. To be honest my first exposure to them was Big Pimpin', they were cool. I like Bun and his recent work along with collabos but usually group wise it's a couple listens of their projects and I don't play much again if ever. I like 8ball & MJG way more. Same for Bone Thugs, couple songs are nice but aint no way I could listen to a whole album of that.

Jay-Z now a days doesn't get much or any listens. Still give his new work a listen just to see any flashes of past greatness. Same with Papoose, KRS One, Busta, and Redman. Stopped playing a lot of EPMD

I still want Luda to make a good album but his albums don't get play, couple songs every now and then. Same with Fab.

If I ever listened to Tech9 it was by accident. I gave Spice 1 a decent listen and not feelin it. Mad bay rappers are trash to me except The Jacka.

A lot of ppl named in here I either listen to or don't respect at all. I don't give a @**+ if they respected in the rap game and I think they're garbage/aren't worth my time but here's the list:

Game
Gucci Mane
Lil' Wayne
Kid Cudi
Rick Ross (I don't think he's respected though
laugh.gif
)
Young Jeezy

There's probably more I can't think. You'd probably have to check my last/fm link and go all the way to the end of the list to see who I really don't @**+ with at all.

Em
Kool G Rap
E 40
Nas now... I like the old Nas, not the OLD Nas...
KRS:  his elitist attitude make me not give F what he talkin bout.

Em
Kool G Rap
E 40
Nas now... I like the old Nas, not the OLD Nas...
KRS:  his elitist attitude make me not give F what he talkin bout.

i just cant get into Cole's music....dude can spit, but its something about his style that just doesnt sit right with my ears....
I only like maybe 2 or 3 Aubrey songs....just dont do it for me
Em hasnt made a good album since MMLP....dude WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY over the hill IMO
Pac has always been so-so to me

i just cant get into Cole's music....dude can spit, but its something about his style that just doesnt sit right with my ears....
I only like maybe 2 or 3 Aubrey songs....just dont do it for me
Em hasnt made a good album since MMLP....dude WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY over the hill IMO
Pac has always been so-so to me

Pac(did when i was younger)
anybody from WUTANG
East Coast OG's, RAKIM, Kool G Rap KRS-One Redman, Eric Sermon etc etc
The Game
Kid Cudi
Gucci Mane
Wiz khalifia
Houston Rappers with the exception of UGK and Scarface and maybe a lil Slim Thug

Has Beens that just should quit:
B.G. and Juve (making trash since they left CMB)
Camron
Jadakiss
Busta Rhymes

Pac(did when i was younger)
anybody from WUTANG
East Coast OG's, RAKIM, Kool G Rap KRS-One Redman, Eric Sermon etc etc
The Game
Kid Cudi
Gucci Mane
Wiz khalifia
Houston Rappers with the exception of UGK and Scarface and maybe a lil Slim Thug

Has Beens that just should quit:
B.G. and Juve (making trash since they left CMB)
Camron
Jadakiss
Busta Rhymes

Back
Top Bottom