Rest in peace to Harold Ramis (Ghostbusters)

American actor, director and writer Harold Ramis has passed away, reports the Chicago Tribune. According to the newspaper, Ramis died at 12:53 a.m. from complications of autoimmune inflammatory vasculitis, a rare disease that involves swelling of the blood vessels. He was 69. His wife Erica Mann Ramis said he was surrounded by family when he died.

The Tribune added that Ramis's serious health struggles began in May 2010 with an infection that led to complications related to the autoimmune disease. Ramis had to relearn to walk but suffered a relapse of the vaculitis in late 2011.

Ramis's best-known acting roles were as Egon Spengler in the Ghostbusters films and Russell Ziskey in Stripes, both of which he co-wrote. As a writer/director, his films included comedies Caddyshack, Groundhog Day, and Analyze This.

Ramis's credits also include National Lampoon's Animal House, National Lampoon's Vacation, Stuart Saves His Family, Multiplicity, Bedazzled, Analyze That, The Ice Harvest, "The Office" and Year One.

View media item 822747
View media item 822748
(Photo Credit: Getty Images)

Last edited:
man.. as an actor and director.. a legend

still regularly watch his movies

will be missed

Last edited:
I'm going to have to do a marathon of his movies this week. He definitely brought a lot of joy into my life when I was growing up.

Directed Caddyshack, National Lampoon's Vacation, and Groundhog Day, three of the funniest comedies ever. Not to mention all of the writing and acting credits he's had over the years.

He's a legend and will be missed.

RIP Harold Ramis, a true comedy legend. When I was 5, a Ghostbuster was the first occupation I wanted to be and I used to go over to people's houses all the time with my proton pack and pretend to catch ghosts in their basements and attics.

Also Groundhog Day is one of the greatest movies of the 90's, not just comedies but overall films of that decade.

RIP I was a huge Ghostbusters fan... He will be missed....

edit favorite scene in Ghostbusters 1 when he calls that guy Peck ****less and the Bill Murray tells the Mayor "It's true sir this man has no ****" :rofl:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom