Retail Closures and Bankruptcy 2019 Edition

Realized I ordered stuff yesterday and also 5 minutes ago. Online sales are good plus more sizes available and cashback from ebates / rakuten.

A ton of these malls and such will go under and be ghost but there will be those malls that withstand it all and absorb all the others that go out of business. One mall I could see thriving damn near forever because of location is Westfield Garden State Plaza in Paramus.

Things are going to change and change quick soon.
Garden State Plaza during the holidays is literally hell on earth. but they are definitely doing something right

Duane Reade by me closed down today. It's been here for more than iirc 10 years. Some banks closing locations too.

Nothing beats going to the store for me.

Everything is super close to me where I live, so it's nothing to just run to the store/shop to pick up whatever I need.

I do buy the bulk of my electronics online though.

Crazy thing is that i shopped online exclusively for years but now i have to buy everything in person. Been that way for the last couple years now. For regular stores i check the prices online then go and price match at the store. The older i got the less patience i have so i like to get everything same day. Unless the online deal is crazy good im going to the store for it.

I buy a lot of stuff online but nothing I couldn't live without TBH. is the presence of a Whole Foods store a good sign that I won't be dependent on "the internet" for food in the near future tho? malls have been dying where I live since the mid 90's. I love having a walgreens on every corner but I don't see why they can't be in a mall. Same for Target & Lowes. but hey why place them in a monolith that already exists when you can just build a new one.

Most of my favorite stores have closed down. Very few retail places that I actually like going to.

982DEE74-4338-49DD-92E4-145449FC03DE.jpeg

I online shop for basics, random stuff here and there, mainly Amazon. Nice clothes and stuff im going instore.

been years since i been in a mall. i dont buy clothes really. did buy some jeans at walmart the other day for $17. Was kinda tight tho, coulda got em online for $10, but since i barely ever buy clothes, i can never take a loss really. i cop most stuff online. Amazon killing everybody. But good to hear moms n pops coming back

I actually prefer getting **** in person because I hate shipping charges and I like seeing **** in person before purchasing. I dont **** with malls like that at all because alot of them have the same stores. I shop online so much because I dont live in a city with too many options for clothes anyway. I take advantage of in store pickup as much as possible though

Garden State Plaza during the holidays is literally hell on earth. but they are definitely doing something right
Menlo Park does pretty good too. Bridgewater and Short Hill are ok as well. Maybe NJ malls cracked the code.

I prefer in store shopping. Not all brands fit the same

Luckily I’m not buying clothes often at all and if I do it’s more so replacement of what I already have so there’s no mystery as to what I’m getting.

Back
Top Bottom