Retail stores selling sneakers for over retail?

johnmckoolaid

Banned
Does anyone know the rules (if there are any) on retail stores selling certain sought after shoes for over retail? Im sure many people are familiar with the spots on fordham and fulton but I am now seeing it at almost every store with every new releases. Can anyone shed some light on whether stores can loose their accounts for pricing certain shoes over retail or if its all fair game

I know the price on the box is the "suggested" retail price, but does nike care if they use that suggestion

Last edited:
if a corperate store, call the 1-800 number if a mom and pop idk what to tell ya

No because those stores buy the shoes from Nike for 60% less than retail, and after that, those shoes are theirs and can do whatever they want with them except for selling before the release date.

^not true, they can lose their account if they sell early or for over retail price

^not true, they can lose their account if they sell early or for over retail price
Once a store (mom & pops) buys a shoe they can sell for what they please! Its unethical to sell for over MSRP but they can.. They must not sell before release date.  

Once a store (mom & pops) buys a shoe they can sell for what they please! Its unethical to sell for over MSRP but they can.. They must not sell before release date.  

Yup, MSRP is just the Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price, not actual retail.
In some markets people will "raise" the "retail" price & slash their price down to "MSRP" at a discount so you think you're winning. Market is crazy lol

It's an unwritten rule that they tell the mom and pop stores that they can sell it either MSRP and Over rather than under. As far as RD, they have to follow nikes guidelines. Wether that's a minute after midnight ala jimmy jazz or the following day

Most of the stores on Fordham and Fulton sell before the RD though. Also, I always thought you had to have a Jordan account to get Jordan releases. Even chains with Jordan accounts don't get all the releases.

A good number of those Mom and Pop's that sell before RD don't even have Nike accounts. They go through a middleman.

As far as official stores with Jordan accounts not getting certain Jordan releases, it has to do with their overall sales and traffic. Why give something limited to a location that doesn't do numbers? When stock is ordered for stores in the area, all of this is looked at before deciding who gets what. Its the reason my local Foot Locker doesn't even get GR Kobe's or Durant's. It usually gets a lot of fusion garbage and kicks that most of us wouldn't take a second glance at.

It's an unwritten rule that they tell the mom and pop stores that they can sell it either MSRP and Over rather than under. As far as RD, they have to follow nikes guidelines. Wether that's a minute after midnight ala jimmy jazz or the following day
Here's what I observed here in NY. The stores that sell releases early are the ones that usually mark them up to $200 plus. I've yet to see a mom n pop store that will sell on release date and have the shoes above MSRP. It seems that the ones that follow the release date rules aren't interested in raping their costumers. So my next question is I'm not the one to try to put someone out of business but if someone is not abiding by the rules set by JB or Nike can they actually be reported? and if so where and will Nike give two craps to do anything about it?

Here's what I observed here in NY. The stores that sell releases early are the ones that usually mark them up to $200 plus. I've yet to see a mom n pop store that will sell on release date and have the shoes above MSRP. It seems that the ones that follow the release date rules aren't interested in raping their costumers. So my next question is I'm not the one to try to put someone out of business but if someone is not abiding by the rules set by JB or Nike can they actually be reported? and if so where and will Nike give two craps to do anything about it?
they can be reported but it's easier said than done.

Back
Top Bottom