Retail Workers: I hate closing!!!

So basically, my job sucks. I work at Sports Authority.

I absolutely HATE closing. I know it's part of the job and basically a requirement when working retail...

but my question is...how do I NOT close anymore. I can open. Wake up early. Work my shift. That's easy. It's closing that gets me.

Anyone out there in the same boat as me?

I work at blockbuster and I hate closing too. You could tell your manager you're only available to work in the mornings. But you'll probably get yourhours cut by a lot. Just gotta deal with it.

I worked at TSA for a while. the people that opened only were either certain cashiers and the rest were team leaders, stock/receiving. if you're in chargeof a department you will be there during the day working on it, the part time closers are kids paid as little as possible to clean up the place.

When I worked retail I didn't mind it too much when I had to close with the asst manager. But when I'd close with the manager he would be so anal aboutshirts being perfect and in place and have me in there an hour after closing

Working at Sears FTL. There's ALWAYS that INDIAN family that comes in 5 minutes before closing and asks 9,000 questions about a TV they're not buyingtil TAX time
smh.gif
mad.gif
Just tell them you have summer classes or something.

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

Working at Sears FTL. There's ALWAYS that INDIAN family that comes in 5 minutes before closing and asks 9,000 questions about a TV they're not buying til TAX time
smh.gif
mad.gif

QFT... I %+%#!% HATE closing... I never get outta there on time
mad.gif

I used to work at Finishline... i hated ppl comin in 5 mins before we closed, tryin on 6 different pairs of shoes, and not buyin a damn thing. I just used totell em i couldnt work past a certain time for one reason or another like school... or another job. they might cut your hours... but still

working retail ftl i hated my time workin retail, all the cheap discount hungry losers begging for your employee discount but don't wanna do nothing inreturn for you, all the stupid questions, the last minute customers. thank god i'm retired from retail.

i got so many complaints from customers at the lids i used to be the assistant manager at. as soon as it was 9pm and the mall was closed, i would turn off allthe lights in the store and turn the music off to give the last minute customers a hint to hurry up and if that didn't work i would just tell them bluntlyit was closing time and they needed to make their final purchases now or else they would have to come back tomorrow because i was going to shut the registersdown.

i ended up changing my avaibility so i wouldn't have to close as much and it was the best thing i ever did.

what do they make you do when you close?

i actually want to know because ive never worked retail before.

I work at Best Buy and closing isn't a problem. Straightening out stuff for 30 minutes, then leaving isn't bad.

Originally Posted by lunchroomclassic

I work at blockbuster and I hate closing too. You could tell your manager you're only available to work in the mornings. But you'll probably get your hours cut by a lot. Just gotta deal with it.

how is working at blockbuster? the one near me is hiring

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

Working at Sears FTL. There's ALWAYS that INDIAN family that comes in 5 minutes before closing and asks 9,000 questions about a TV they're not buying til TAX time
smh.gif
mad.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

If you hate closing, then I don't know how you're gonna handle overnight inventory
sick.gif

OP which sports authority you work at? anyways yea closing sometimes sucks for me i just have a set availability where i dont gotta close. i dont mind closingon weekdays but fridays and saturdays i set my availability from opening-5. closing in general isnt THAT bad. its more chill no customers buggin you whenyou're recovering and you get to talk to your co-workers while you close up the store.

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

I absolutely HATE closing. I know it's part of the job and basically a requirement when working retail...

but my question is...how do I NOT close anymore. I can open. Wake up early. Work my shift. That's easy. It's closing that gets me.

- never had a problem closing when i was younger and had these types of jobs. and never understood peoples frustrations with closing. i always welcomed theextra hours.....

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

- never had a problem closing when i was younger and had these types of jobs. and never understood peoples frustrations with closing. i always welcomed the extra hours.....
stop lying you know you hated those closing shifts when holiday season would come around
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by lunchroomclassic

I work at blockbuster and I hate closing too. You could tell your manager you're only available to work in the mornings. But you'll probably get your hours cut by a lot. Just gotta deal with it.

I work retail. Thank goodness my store is 24 hrs. Once my time is up, dueces!

When I worked at a store that closed at 9:00, we wouldn't leave until 10:00, because we had to straighten everything up on the shelves immaculately. Thatannoyed me. It annoyed me more, because the manager was anal about it.

pshhh. try working at starbucks right next the movies

we close at 12:30 on fri and sat and usually arent out til 1:15 at least

and when transformers came out we didnt get out til 1:55
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom