Retro 5 Legit Check

I bought some Retro 5 Fire Red's with the black tongue off Ebay for $200 from a reputable seller but I want to make sure they're legit. If anyone experienced or with the actual shoes can help me out I'd really appreciate it. Edit: I just added I believe three new pictures, if that helps make a difference. One:nerd: of the inside jumpman, the tag on the inside of the tongue, and the best possible picture of the bottom of the soles that I could get (I couldn't angle the shoes perfectly the same on the box and what I have behind the shoes for them to lean on). Second Edit: I added pictures of the the tag with size, serial numbers, model numbers, etc. The model number of this shoe (if it's the number centered below the sizes and in between the two 2013 dates on the left and right) is model: 136027-120. Third Edit: thankfully I found twenty thirteen on the side of the tongue of my shoe, I posted the best possible picture I could take since it's kind of harder than it would seem when multitasking in this case. Thank you to everyone taking time to help me out verify the authenticity of my brand new shoes.

View media item 665160
View media item 665164
View media item 665604
View media item 665607
View media item 665606
View media item 666217
View media item 666606

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean, if I delete this thread no one can see it.

Then would I be able to basically start fresh with a new thread? I think the reason no one is responding is, because at the time I had started this thread I was inquiring about some 4's and hadn't provided any pictures and now I just edited it to make it about my 5's but it's so old now I don't think anyone will see with all the newer threads. My logic is that if I start a new one solely on these 5's since it's new people will actually see it and be able to respond.

Then would I be able to basically start fresh with a new thread? I think the reason no one is responding is, because at the time I had started this thread I was inquiring about some 4's and hadn't provided any pictures and now I just edited it to make it about my 5's but it's so old now I don't think anyone will see with all the newer threads. My logic is that if I start a new one solely on these 5's since it's new people will actually see it and be able to respond.
We can see it fine man.. IMO they look fine.. Post a pic of the TWENTYTHIRTEEN on the side of the tongue to be 100%.. You have to unlace them to see this.

We can see it fine man.. IMO they look fine.. Post a pic of the TWENTYTHIRTEEN on the side of the tongue to be 100%.. You have to unlace them to see this.

He's talking about the side of the tongue in the shoe, if you take the lace out and look on the side of the tongue inside the shoe you should the word TWENTYTHIRTEEN like this View media item 666389

Thank God you helped me figure out what exactly timmybrixxx timmybrixxx meant by twenty thirteen on the inside of the tongue. I must admit, I was getting a little worried for a bit since I don't think the size tag actually says "2013" as the date. I wasn't aware JB added this extra feature, it's actually a nice way to really make sure a shoe isn't a high quality fake I suppose. I added the best possible picture I could take, given the circumstances of trying to angle the tongue with my left hand (primary hand) and take the picture with my right hand (off-hand) using my big Samsung Galaxy Note 2 phone.

Yup legit

I'm so glad to know my shoes are legit. Even though it was my first time buying from an Ebay reseller and he was reputable and all, it's still my first online purchase from an eBay reseller and it's nerve wrecking to say the least. I paid $200, but if they would have been illegitimate I definitely wouldn't have worn them.

I'm so glad to know my shoes are legit. Even though it was my first time buying from an Ebay reseller and he was reputable and all, it's still my first online purchase from an eBay reseller and it's nerve wrecking to say the least. I paid $200, but if they would have been illegitimate I definitely wouldn't have worn them.
OP just a side note.. the fakes have the TWENTYTHIRTEENS too but they do not look as sharp deep and defined as the legit pairs.. Yours is good..

OP just a side note.. the fakes have the TWENTYTHIRTEENS too but they do not look as sharp deep and defined as the legit pairs.. Yours is good..
this was good info i never knew that was there and i have a pair of these. Repped along with the other homie who said this as well

I wasn't aware of this, I always thought they just tried replicating the shoe in itself, but never the details. But, it's great to know and I really appreciate you and everyone who took the time to really help me out. One last question, do you have any idea if the Oreo 5's will have the twenty thirteen, is that something JB included in all of the 5's released this year?

this was good info i never knew that was there and i have a pair of these. Repped along with the other homie who said this as well

I had no idea, especially when timmybrixxx timmybrixxx asked for the Twenty Thirteen picture, I looked everywhere and decided he probably meant the size tag until the second unlacing and the great picture SteveSteve72 SteveSteve72 provided. It's like the heavens opened up and my I was filled with joy haha.

I wasn't aware of this, I always thought they just tried replicating the shoe in itself, but never the details. But, it's great to know and I really appreciate you and everyone who took the time to really help me out. One last question, do you have any idea if the Oreo 5's will have the twenty thirteen, is that something JB included in all of the 5's released this year?
Glad to help man..The recent 12'-13' 4s and 5s i know for sure have it..

Last edited:
Glad to help man..The recent 12'-13' 4s and 5s i know for sure have it..

The reason I'm asking is because I bought some Oreo's last Friday that should be coming in tomorrow and they look legit in the pictures, but now that twenty thirteen is something I'll definitely be looking out for. I'm getting a better understanding of what to look for when deciding whether a shoe is authentic or not thanks to many old threads dedicated to these sorts of scenarios, but if I'm iffy about my Oreo's I may need to start another thread. The only issue is I hope I don't get anyone mad, especially since I'm new to NT.

Back
Top Bottom