Retro Duo Portable v2.0 .. who has it and whats better .. if any.???

I saw the Retro Duo Portable version 2.0 online for around $70 and am quite interested in getting one. It works with SNES games as well as NES with an adapter.

After watching a few reviews .. most mention they work with most SNES games (which I have) But not all ... for example the RPG Mario game, Donkey Kong Country and Starfox due to the updated graphic chips for these cartridges.

My question is ... are there any other better systems out there ........ or when will version 3.0 of the Retro duo come out to fix the current issues...?

Thanks in advance!

Pictures for the beasts:

View media item 387963

View media item 387964

View media item 387965

Info:
Portable version of the Retro Duo NES/SNES system. So now you can take your 8-bit NES and 16-bit SNES games on the road!

The Retro Duo Portable Game System is pretty much the dream configuration for any retro gamer. Not only can you play solo, but it also hooks up to full-sized televisions as well. It also comes with two extension controllers enabling tag-team, two-player gaming. In addition, the extension controllers work with the embedded screen on the main unit or the TV-out display. This means that you can play Super Mario Kart head-to-head in the backseat or in the basement on the big screen.

Product Specifications

Portable Game Console Plays Old Nintendo SNES and NES Games
Connects to television for big screen gaming
Comes with extension controllers for multiplayer games
Up to 8 hours of game play on a single charge
Also compatible with Sega Genesis with additional RetroGen Adapter (Not Included)
System Includes:
Retro Duo Portable Main Unit
Two (2) SuperRetro Controllers
Controller hub
Stand Up Dock
AC power adapter: 100-240v input
Standard AV Cable
Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
RetroPORT Adapter for NES Games
User Manual

A cell phone emulator app is also another option. Doesn't have the same feel as buttons on the controller, but cost way less. Most modern cell phones can run these with no problem. I'm running a PS1 on the Note II smoothly.

I need this since I still play with the og NES.

Please excuse the shoes, they were for another thread.

For $70, I would rather buy a psp 2/3000 with custom firmware and have a snes and nes emulator and play close to all the games on the go. If you want to play at home get a psp go and dock and hook up the dual shock 3 and you are good to go. All in all should cost well under $100 for a used handheld and 32gb of memory. Games also aren't too hard to find online on most psp forums.

My way
900x900px-LL-59c2804c_IMG_0302.jpeg

900x900px-LL-1194b310_IMG_0303.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom