retro quality..smh

i started collecting jays in 2006. and the paint on like all of my iii's v's, vii's etc. has chipped alot over time and certain parts of the shoesjust fall apart. why spend that much on a shoe thats gonna look like $%%% after even just casual wear. im just really dissapointed in the quality. is there anycertain jays that dont get messed up like that? or is there any way to prevent this besides not wear my shoes lol? this isnt just a %@!$@ an d moan post, imjust wondering how other people feel about this too.

Originally Posted by J0RDANKIcK5

im just wondering how other people feel about this
shoes are meant to be worn...at first I would get a little upset - but now I have kind of gotten over it.

the stuff before 2006 hold up better so look for sum of those. then try to rotate your sneakers, all of mine look almost new but i have 71 pairs so i don'twear n.e.thing more then twice a month. i know thats not an option for everybody but if you can switch it up they'll last longer. sad that the only way tokeep your shoes fresh is to wear them less but thats cost cutting for ya .....oh and homie talking but the militarys, they crap out on you so quick becausethey are the worst made shoeq uality wise jb as ever produced sad the way they did this classic.

Even my 2001 blk/cement III's fell apart back in the day. I went out and ran receiver routes with a buddy while playing catch and the stitching on theelephant print at the toe just started coming out and the material became detached...still have them tho

happens to the 3 models mentioned the most. III's, IV's and VII's. It's the crap paint they use. Oh the IX's too.
MH602 got it right though, you want some J's that will last, get some XII's. But if it ain't the paint it's something else,
like soles squeaking and such. It's inevitable with retro's homie.

This topic has been coming up a lot. The only solution, which also comes up a lot, to this is stop buying the shoes.

The last pair of Jordans that I bought are the cool grey iv's and I am really disappointed in them. The paint started to chip in last than 10 causal wearsand I am not a heavy guy. Shoes that are half the price are not going to have their paint chip this easily. I know I am paying for the logo but still, it isgetting quite ridiculous.

So I hope guys who feel the same way as I do will truly stop buying Jordans until they improve.

Cheers

Originally Posted by DunkeyKong

This topic has been coming up a lot. The only solution, which also comes up a lot, to this is stop buying the shoes.

The last pair of Jordans that I bought are the cool grey iv's and I am really disappointed in them. The paint started to chip in last than 10 causal wears and I am not a heavy guy. Shoes that are half the price are not going to have their paint chip this easily. I know I am paying for the logo but still, it is getting quite ridiculous.

So I hope guys who feel the same way as I do will truly stop buying Jordans until they improve.

Cheers

i never owned a pair of iv's because of that reason mostly. after i cop the 11/12 CDP ill most likely focus on noke retro more, and only get the jaysworth gettting. maybe some 1's, i dont have to worry about those crumbling on me.. and the 23's maybe becuse they r just ill.

The paint will chip on models like 4's where the midsole is painted...some nikes have that same problem...

my fire red iii's did that on the midsole all the white paint is cracking n chipping

I haven't worn my military IVs yet, but I've heard bad things about them and the Fire Red IIIs. I can tell the IVs are kinda cheap because mine alreadyhas a crease just from someone trying it on in the store. I haven't bought any Jordans since last year, but it's because the packs are just too damnexpensive.

i started collecting jays in 2006. and the paint on like all of my iii's v's, vii's etc. has chipped alot over time and certain parts of the shoes just fall apart. why spend that much on a shoe thats gonna look like $%%% after even just casual wear. im just really dissapointed in the quality. is there any certain jays that dont get messed up like that? or is there any way to prevent this besides not wear my shoes lol? this isnt just a %@!$@ an d moan post, im just wondering how other people feel about this too.
The quality of Jordans were already suspect in 2006. Jordans havent been great since the 1990s. If you dont like it don't buy it and stopbeing a hypebeast. I never understood why people will rush and buy every retro that comes out and then complain about the quality. The only way it will stopis if people stop being hypebeasts.

You know if you guys didn't drive in your shoes they would last longer. I have driving shoes or flip flops, I never wear my J's in the car unlessI'm a passenger. I guess it sounds stupid but most of my kicks still look good. I can't believe I'm posting this.

I've never had problem with chipping on those shoes, maybe that's cause I've worn them only a handful of times each.

XII's AND XIII's are rock solid.

Last of the good retro's, everything after is trash.

Sorry to hear your plight, though.

i love the xiii's also but the leather on the toe boxes roll up like nothin else. ^^^

Originally Posted by MH602

12s are the only rock solid J
QFT...thanks to quality of CDPs I've been saving that money to stack up on 23s
pimp.gif
(smh...and I had planned on getting all packs...bt clearly not worth it)

I know quality has been an issue for a while, but reading through this makes me feel better and better about not buying the 3/20 pack and saving the money forpurple foams.
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom