Review: Jordan Fly Wade

Great review as always Duke. Have you played in the 2011s or Lebron 8 PSs? If so, how does the Wade Fly compare?

Great review as always Duke. Have you played in the 2011s or Lebron 8 PSs? If so, how does the Wade Fly compare?

Duke you are my performance shoe review hero.  But yes I am curious too if you have tried the Lebron 8 ps or 2011.
And one more thing how do I look up all of the reviews you have done?

Duke you are my performance shoe review hero.  But yes I am curious too if you have tried the Lebron 8 ps or 2011.
And one more thing how do I look up all of the reviews you have done?

^^^ I haven't played in the Lebron PS yet; Storm Ryder, the other reviewer, does all of the Lebron reviews. On point on most of his stuff though. The Jordan 2011 is still on my list, but I am waiting on the price to drop a little more. A VERY reliable source has told me the Wade sits lower and is more responsive but the cushioning is just as responsive. They really do feel like a mid-top Kobe (or pretty close).

If you Google Counterkicks and either duke4005 or Bryan Hinkle you will get them. Also, I use to do little short ones here that had no pics, so you might find a few floating around here.

^^^ I haven't played in the Lebron PS yet; Storm Ryder, the other reviewer, does all of the Lebron reviews. On point on most of his stuff though. The Jordan 2011 is still on my list, but I am waiting on the price to drop a little more. A VERY reliable source has told me the Wade sits lower and is more responsive but the cushioning is just as responsive. They really do feel like a mid-top Kobe (or pretty close).

If you Google Counterkicks and either duke4005 or Bryan Hinkle you will get them. Also, I use to do little short ones here that had no pics, so you might find a few floating around here.

Thanks for the review!

I'm glad to hear they have a Ortholite sockliner, so at least they'll feel slightly better than the Zoom Soldiers IVs.  I cant imagine them feeling cushioning wise the same as the Lebron PS due to it not having the same type of Air Max and not having Carbon Fiber shank plate.

I'm digging these shoes but there seems to be NO buzz about these shoes at all. I'm really feeling these will be  at every Nike Outlets and maybe eventually Ross no matter how they perform just because people seem to not like non-retro Jordan shoes. So I'm kinda hesitant to buy these for 115 with a Foot Locker/Foot Action coupon especially when I can see these being marked down to 80 dollars if the Heat don't win the championship.

Also how would these shoes work for bigs like over 230?

Thanks for the review!

I'm glad to hear they have a Ortholite sockliner, so at least they'll feel slightly better than the Zoom Soldiers IVs.  I cant imagine them feeling cushioning wise the same as the Lebron PS due to it not having the same type of Air Max and not having Carbon Fiber shank plate.

I'm digging these shoes but there seems to be NO buzz about these shoes at all. I'm really feeling these will be  at every Nike Outlets and maybe eventually Ross no matter how they perform just because people seem to not like non-retro Jordan shoes. So I'm kinda hesitant to buy these for 115 with a Foot Locker/Foot Action coupon especially when I can see these being marked down to 80 dollars if the Heat don't win the championship.

Also how would these shoes work for bigs like over 230?

great review duke. Its seems like miami's dynamic duo loves the zoom + air max cushioning set up.
If anyone has played in both the Lebron 8 PS and Fly Wade let us know how they stack up against each other.

great review duke. Its seems like miami's dynamic duo loves the zoom + air max cushioning set up.
If anyone has played in both the Lebron 8 PS and Fly Wade let us know how they stack up against each other.

Thanks Duke.

I like the 2011s. I really want to love 2011s. The two cushioning options just don't do it for me. The full length air gives good impact protection but the "dead" feeling in the forefoot is a turn off. The zoom insoles have nice forefoot zoom but the heel is under cushioned for my needs (my knees are little sore after 2+ hr runs). If the 2011s had an option for forefoot zoom with either heel max or heel double stacked zoom then I would buy multiple pairs because I like the fit, comfort and style of the 2011s. I'm looking forward to you getting a pair to see what you think. I'm seeing them hit $120 or so around my way, so I'm sure you can scoop a pair for $100 or so in coming month or two.

Back to the Fly Wades, I'm hoping you mean the Wades are similar to the Kobes in that they are light, fit nicely, and are low to the ground, but the Wades have better cushioning and a higher cut. The big emphasis for me is better cushioning (especially forefoot). The Kobe met bags aren't enough for me and the heel zoom in the Kobes is good, but could be better. I'm sure I'll pick up a pair eventually, but like MF said above, the Wades have no buzz and likely will be discounted soon. I'll play in my Lebron 8 PSs for now and look to scoop up the Wades when the price drops.

Thanks Duke.

I like the 2011s. I really want to love 2011s. The two cushioning options just don't do it for me. The full length air gives good impact protection but the "dead" feeling in the forefoot is a turn off. The zoom insoles have nice forefoot zoom but the heel is under cushioned for my needs (my knees are little sore after 2+ hr runs). If the 2011s had an option for forefoot zoom with either heel max or heel double stacked zoom then I would buy multiple pairs because I like the fit, comfort and style of the 2011s. I'm looking forward to you getting a pair to see what you think. I'm seeing them hit $120 or so around my way, so I'm sure you can scoop a pair for $100 or so in coming month or two.

Back to the Fly Wades, I'm hoping you mean the Wades are similar to the Kobes in that they are light, fit nicely, and are low to the ground, but the Wades have better cushioning and a higher cut. The big emphasis for me is better cushioning (especially forefoot). The Kobe met bags aren't enough for me and the heel zoom in the Kobes is good, but could be better. I'm sure I'll pick up a pair eventually, but like MF said above, the Wades have no buzz and likely will be discounted soon. I'll play in my Lebron 8 PSs for now and look to scoop up the Wades when the price drops.

Greatly appreciate it for the review ! Ive been wondering how these will perform, ill deff have to try them out

Greatly appreciate it for the review ! Ive been wondering how these will perform, ill deff have to try them out

I tried on the Fly Wades today. The fit definitely reminds me of mid top Kobe IV or V. Heel lock down is really good. The shoes are light, comfortable, and have a low stance that should give great court feel. What really struck me was the forefoot zoom. It feels big and responsive. I can see why Duke really liked them. The shoes look better in person, but they still are not the best looking shoes. If these shoes looked better, they would FLY off the shelves (pun intended). Now I just need to figure out how I can get the blacks for cheap sooner instead of later.

I tried on the Fly Wades today. The fit definitely reminds me of mid top Kobe IV or V. Heel lock down is really good. The shoes are light, comfortable, and have a low stance that should give great court feel. What really struck me was the forefoot zoom. It feels big and responsive. I can see why Duke really liked them. The shoes look better in person, but they still are not the best looking shoes. If these shoes looked better, they would FLY off the shelves (pun intended). Now I just need to figure out how I can get the blacks for cheap sooner instead of later.

Back
Top Bottom