Review Request - Jordan XIII 13

With the upcoming retro Jordan XIII coming out, I wondered how the 13's perform on the basketball court. I could not find a detailed review on this site. I was wondering how they perform in terms of ankle support, cushioning, comfort, traction, court feel, and weight? Also, are the 13's a clunky shoe when you play in them?  and how do they compare to the hyperdunk 2010 or kobe V?
All responses appreciated.
Thank You

With the upcoming retro Jordan XIII coming out, I wondered how the 13's perform on the basketball court. I could not find a detailed review on this site. I was wondering how they perform in terms of ankle support, cushioning, comfort, traction, court feel, and weight? Also, are the 13's a clunky shoe when you play in them?  and how do they compare to the hyperdunk 2010 or kobe V?
All responses appreciated.
Thank You

Retros may differ, i can only speak for OGs.

Ankle/midfoot support: Both very good.

Cushioning: Fair to good. I suspect the forefoot cushioning is not what it used to be.

Traction: So so... maybe a little lacking. The optimal motion outsole has so little rubber on the ground that traction isn't grat.

Court feel: Good. May be different on Retros.

Weight: Pretty lightweight, but it's been a while. Again, Retros might weigh more.

I'm also throwing in durability: OG XIIIs weren't a sturdy shoe. I think Retros have been more flimsy again... they may not last long based on regular play.

And at the risk of stating the obvious, an outdoor court will make short work of these.

If you want a pair of shoes for regular play, i think there's better ways to spend your $150 (or is it 160 now?)

Retros may differ, i can only speak for OGs.

Ankle/midfoot support: Both very good.

Cushioning: Fair to good. I suspect the forefoot cushioning is not what it used to be.

Traction: So so... maybe a little lacking. The optimal motion outsole has so little rubber on the ground that traction isn't grat.

Court feel: Good. May be different on Retros.

Weight: Pretty lightweight, but it's been a while. Again, Retros might weigh more.

I'm also throwing in durability: OG XIIIs weren't a sturdy shoe. I think Retros have been more flimsy again... they may not last long based on regular play.

And at the risk of stating the obvious, an outdoor court will make short work of these.

If you want a pair of shoes for regular play, i think there's better ways to spend your $150 (or is it 160 now?)

I played in a pair of retros for a short period of time.. I noticed that the traction was horrible after a few wears. The support cushioning was pretty bad, xii's have much better cushioning imo. But they are light and i didnt roll any ankles or anything, my foot felt locked in. But i agree with swingshot, theres a bunch of other choices that will perform much better.

I played in a pair of retros for a short period of time.. I noticed that the traction was horrible after a few wears. The support cushioning was pretty bad, xii's have much better cushioning imo. But they are light and i didnt roll any ankles or anything, my foot felt locked in. But i agree with swingshot, theres a bunch of other choices that will perform much better.

Yeah... just buy some retro XII's to play in... they are on sale most everywhere, and are the best retro Jordan's ever to actually play ball in.

Yeah... just buy some retro XII's to play in... they are on sale most everywhere, and are the best retro Jordan's ever to actually play ball in.

Originally Posted by clkru

pretty much. XIIIs felt kinda flat on the court for me. XIIs felt much more solid so when I jumped up I didn't fear the descent so much on an awkward landing.

Originally Posted by clkru

pretty much. XIIIs felt kinda flat on the court for me. XIIs felt much more solid so when I jumped up I didn't fear the descent so much on an awkward landing.

to be honest i prefer the kobe V as to the 13 its just there is great padding for your ankles and there not all that bad but i have played in a pair of flints and over time they feel like they have shrunk my toes hurt to play in them not the same issue with the kobes

to be honest i prefer the kobe V as to the 13 its just there is great padding for your ankles and there not all that bad but i have played in a pair of flints and over time they feel like they have shrunk my toes hurt to play in them not the same issue with the kobes

Very light shoes. Ankle is kind of restrictive. Traction is average. Cushion is firm and low. Durability wise i do not recommend spending $160 on these and use them for basketball. There are better shoes for much cheaper . Kobes/Lebron/Hyperfuse etc. Ex. I saw some kid the other day who nearly cried when some other dude acidently step on his '10 XIII Flint and messed up the leather pretty bad

Very light shoes. Ankle is kind of restrictive. Traction is average. Cushion is firm and low. Durability wise i do not recommend spending $160 on these and use them for basketball. There are better shoes for much cheaper . Kobes/Lebron/Hyperfuse etc. Ex. I saw some kid the other day who nearly cried when some other dude acidently step on his '10 XIII Flint and messed up the leather pretty bad

LiveYungDieRich89 said:
but i have played in a pair of flints and over time they feel like they have shrunk my toes hurt to play in them /quote]

OGs never gave me any problems there, and my feet are fairly wide.

Retro Jordans have been getting more narrow over the years... when people make comments like the above, i'm inclined to think that they just turn these out for streetwear, and don't give a damn if you can play in them or not.

Which is why i'll reiterate the comments about there being better ways to spend 160.

LiveYungDieRich89 said:
but i have played in a pair of flints and over time they feel like they have shrunk my toes hurt to play in them /quote]

OGs never gave me any problems there, and my feet are fairly wide.

Retro Jordans have been getting more narrow over the years... when people make comments like the above, i'm inclined to think that they just turn these out for streetwear, and don't give a damn if you can play in them or not.

Which is why i'll reiterate the comments about there being better ways to spend 160.

I played in a pair of the "team red's" for a summer indoors in 2007. Preformed very well and held up very well minus the normal toe box creasing.

One of the better shoes I've ever played in. Up there with 2008 Hyperdunks, hyperfuses, Kobe IV's, Huarache 2k4's and XVI's as my all time favorites.

I played in a pair of the "team red's" for a summer indoors in 2007. Preformed very well and held up very well minus the normal toe box creasing.

One of the better shoes I've ever played in. Up there with 2008 Hyperdunks, hyperfuses, Kobe IV's, Huarache 2k4's and XVI's as my all time favorites.

Back
Top Bottom