Review request - LeBron Soldier IV

I got a chance to try these on, and they felt great.  Zoom in the forefoot and Max Air in the heel is a great combo.  Strap gave it a great lock down fit.

Still looking for a more in-depth review before pulling the trigger though.

If anyone has worn these, your chime in would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys!

I got a chance to try these on, and they felt great.  Zoom in the forefoot and Max Air in the heel is a great combo.  Strap gave it a great lock down fit.

Still looking for a more in-depth review before pulling the trigger though.

If anyone has worn these, your chime in would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys!

does the air max feel better than zoom cause my friends lebron vii has a huge rip in his air max and he says it doesnt feel different

does the air max feel better than zoom cause my friends lebron vii has a huge rip in his air max and he says it doesnt feel different

I am a bigger fan of the Air Force Operate and Air Max Enforcer, which is what these look to have been "inspired by" from an aesthetic standpoint.

I am a bigger fan of the Air Force Operate and Air Max Enforcer, which is what these look to have been "inspired by" from an aesthetic standpoint.

I been playing in 'em, they're really good, inline with the previous Soldiers, solid all-round performer, with the extra heel cushioning, making 'em better for a bigger player like me.

First impressions, it's a 3/4 shoe, with a pretty sleek feel to it, especially if you pull the mid-foot strap tight, the heel fit is pretty firm, but padded enough to give good comfort, with the supportive fit, the mid-foot is great(I'm a fan of mid-foot straps), and the fore-foot is nice and close, and with the shape of the outsole really promotes staying active.

Cushioning, is really good, the heel Max Air is done right, it responds quicker than some other similar setup shoes(like the Jordan 16.5), the mid-sole itself is nice and responsive, I'm pretty heavy, so I don't feel the Zoom in the fore-foot, but feeling the bag with my hands, they're similar to previous Zoom bags in the Soldier-line, and again, the outsole being cut up(it isn't a flat sole, there's a curve in the fore-foot), helps keep impact down anyways(because you can't land flat).

The only thing I don't really get, is why there's flex-grooves on the mid-foot(they're actually better than the grooves in the fore-foot), and there doesn't seem to be a shank-plate or something like that, for me not a big problem, because I got strong arches, but if you need a really rigid mid-foot, you might need to put in a shank.

I been playing in 'em, they're really good, inline with the previous Soldiers, solid all-round performer, with the extra heel cushioning, making 'em better for a bigger player like me.

First impressions, it's a 3/4 shoe, with a pretty sleek feel to it, especially if you pull the mid-foot strap tight, the heel fit is pretty firm, but padded enough to give good comfort, with the supportive fit, the mid-foot is great(I'm a fan of mid-foot straps), and the fore-foot is nice and close, and with the shape of the outsole really promotes staying active.

Cushioning, is really good, the heel Max Air is done right, it responds quicker than some other similar setup shoes(like the Jordan 16.5), the mid-sole itself is nice and responsive, I'm pretty heavy, so I don't feel the Zoom in the fore-foot, but feeling the bag with my hands, they're similar to previous Zoom bags in the Soldier-line, and again, the outsole being cut up(it isn't a flat sole, there's a curve in the fore-foot), helps keep impact down anyways(because you can't land flat).

The only thing I don't really get, is why there's flex-grooves on the mid-foot(they're actually better than the grooves in the fore-foot), and there doesn't seem to be a shank-plate or something like that, for me not a big problem, because I got strong arches, but if you need a really rigid mid-foot, you might need to put in a shank.

I tried these on and they feel like a pretty solid shoe. I definitely plan on getting multiples when the price goes down.

I tried these on and they feel like a pretty solid shoe. I definitely plan on getting multiples when the price goes down.

i've played in these a couple of times now, and i feel like they're really solid.
All last season i played in Soldier III's and these compare well. I'm a big fan of the Max Air in the heel
and the zoom air in the forefoot feels pretty responsive.

The mid-foot strap is what sets the shoe apart though. The soldier III had those two straps but i felt like they weren't
always as effective as the could have been. but on the soldier IV, the lone strap really gives your foot that "lockdown" feel.

The traction is solid, given i've only played on well-swept courts, but i haven't had any issues with slipping or anything.

Right out of the box the shoe feels a bit stiff, but after a couple of wears the shoe really starts to feel good on your foot.

Ankle support is decent, not great. I wear ankle braces every time i play anyway so it's hard to judge but i feel like there isn't a whole lot of support up there. But your foot feels really secure within the shoe when the strap is tight and you lace them up high.

overall i'd give them about a 8/10

i've played in these a couple of times now, and i feel like they're really solid.
All last season i played in Soldier III's and these compare well. I'm a big fan of the Max Air in the heel
and the zoom air in the forefoot feels pretty responsive.

The mid-foot strap is what sets the shoe apart though. The soldier III had those two straps but i felt like they weren't
always as effective as the could have been. but on the soldier IV, the lone strap really gives your foot that "lockdown" feel.

The traction is solid, given i've only played on well-swept courts, but i haven't had any issues with slipping or anything.

Right out of the box the shoe feels a bit stiff, but after a couple of wears the shoe really starts to feel good on your foot.

Ankle support is decent, not great. I wear ankle braces every time i play anyway so it's hard to judge but i feel like there isn't a whole lot of support up there. But your foot feels really secure within the shoe when the strap is tight and you lace them up high.

overall i'd give them about a 8/10

Im underwhelmed as well. 

I LOVE Max air/Zoom setup, however I cant really feel the zoom
frown.gif
.  Max is good though.

The durability is also questionable.  Ive worn mine 3 times outdoors, and the tread is already worn through and smooth - 3 outdoor wearings!!!!!!!   
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

I got a solid 3 months from my soldier 3s outdoors, and all they have were some scuffs and a little bit of sole wear!!!!

Id give them 6/10.

Im underwhelmed as well. 

I LOVE Max air/Zoom setup, however I cant really feel the zoom
frown.gif
.  Max is good though.

The durability is also questionable.  Ive worn mine 3 times outdoors, and the tread is already worn through and smooth - 3 outdoor wearings!!!!!!!   
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

I got a solid 3 months from my soldier 3s outdoors, and all they have were some scuffs and a little bit of sole wear!!!!

Id give them 6/10.

Back
Top Bottom