Review Request: Reebok Answer 13

does anyone have these or has tried them out? my main concerns are traction, cushioning, and flexibility. also, i was wondering about the sizing.

i read in the fuel magazine put out by reebok that these are available only on eastbay, so i was also wondering if anyone has seen these in-store anywhere.

thanks in advance for info/input.

Seen them in Toronto, mom and pop store... tried them on (black/red/white pair)

Went half a size down... I don't know how to describe the fit, because I'm really bias towards any basketball shoe that's not Nike. But I'llgive it my best shot... the cushioning is a BIT softer than Answer XII or any adidas shoe, but not as comfortable as Nike Zoom or phylon. Then ankle area ispretty thick and stiff, I guess it needs some breaking in. The tongue is attached to the shoe (similar to the Jumpman Elite I)

The only thing that sets it apart from any other reebok basketball shoe is the "AI" on the tongue. If it weren't for that logo, the shoe ispretty bland.

They were on sale already... 69.99

im gonna have to check the champs around my way. i really like these but if the performance isnt there, im not gonna waste the money on them.

i have a pair of bb2s in my closet right now that just sit there because the cushioning is too smushy and they are too big.

i went to the mall by me yesterday and none of the 5 shoe stores in the mall had them.

does anyone have a review on these yet. saw them for sale on eastbay and was wondering?

I saw them at reebok outlet. Was gonna try them on but saw a tag for 99.99 and kept moving. Might get them if they drop.

reebok always does that **$+. their outlets sell shoes at or just below full retail. lol if nobody wanted them in stores, what makes them think someone wouldwant them from an outlet at that price?

Reebok.com's official site has them up for 70, I think. You can throw the TAKE30 on the order as a coupon code and it'll take 30% off the order, so the shoes are like 50 or something ridiculous. The CC might be expired, but it's worth a shot

It's such a shame that both AI and his signature line have gone downhill. Could you people imagaine what Nike would have done for him in terms of shoes? Holy it would be a beautiful piece of footware! AI in a pair of Kobe 4's or 5's would do alot for his court image.

I totally love the AI 13s and compared to the 12s, they are definitely better. In fact, they are my main indoor gym balling shoes over my Hyperdunks (retired), Kobe III (wear once in a while), Durant KD1 (wear to mix things up), and my Lebron VI.

Fit and comfort: They are stiff and don't breathe very well since the uppers and sides are one piece without vents. Even though they are stiff, they really conform to your feet if you get a pair thats true to your size since it reallys wraps around your feet like the Kobe IIIs. My main complaint of this shoe is that the top layer of the insole is smooth and does not have an arch to keep your foot in place so you better have the shoe fitted cause if you get it even half size too big, your feet are going to slide about during balling. The cushioning is somewhere between Nike zoom and Adidas adiprene. Its not as soft and responsive as zoom but nowhere near as hard as adiprene.

Performance: The Hex ride system is functional but nothing really extraordinary, it does its job and the herringbone pattern for grip is good-to-really good. I don't get the squeaks as often as my Hyperdunk, Lebron III, or KD1, but is quite dependable.

As an overview, I really like them cause they fit well, I love how it looks and performs, and the best thing is that I haven't seen anybody wear them since I got them! I see everybody in Hyperizes now and they are absolutely the worse shoe I have EVER gotten and worn. Just to warn you though, since the shoe isn't well vented, your feet will sweat and get hot. I still would recommend them as long as you don't play in the same gym as me =P

I have the white/royal colorway, one of the colorways Iverson wears during some home games. To be honest, at first I wasn't really into the shoe, but once I saw the picture of Iverson kissing the 76er logo when he resigned with the 76ers thats when I began to like how it looked. It looks much better in person and worn by somebody than by itself. It also helps that I have a similar size frame with Iverson so I have a pretty good idea how it would look on me.

Yeah thats watsup i felt the same way, the white n royal or the white n red that he was wearin for away games were lookin dope. Im trying to find the mix that he was wearin with red and blue on white but I cant.

Still considering a black pair, they are pretty tight as well.

I'm not sure if the white/red/blue ones are on sale, but the white/red ones are pretty dope and clean looking too. The white on whatever colors are actually the home game colors cause in basketball the home team wears white with the only exemption being the Lakers, although they do wear their white jerseys occasionally. The black/blue and black/red pairs are pretty nice, but I personally prefer white cause I have a lot of my shoes in black.

Back
Top Bottom