Rick Santorum: Women aren't able to handle the rigors of combat...Thoughts?

Originally Posted by blakep267

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I don't see any physical limitations when it comes to women being able to use a gun and certain weapons, just as long as the gun/weapon is the perfect weight/size for them? One of my friends this tiny vietnamese girl was going to work on dudes in paintball---women can be VERY effective in combat if they are trained to maximize their strengths
pimp.gif
They are nimble, quick, stealth and can fit in tight spaces--women are the perfect assassins

I mean,  you would have to have a very butch woman to do this. Not a girl who is 5'3 110lbs. I mean, sure, gimme a 5'8 woman who is brolic and hard as nails anyday.

I'm here talking about how fit, small, women could have an advantage and you're bringing up butch women? Whatever floats your boat, my fantasy has an Megan Fox type sneaking through vents and assassinating people

My point was they should stop training women like men, women can be formidable allies on any battlefield if their strengths are maximized---Don't expect women to engage in hand to hand combat with anyone without some tricks (eg boot knife to the groin) would be highly effective

The US military should let me train their women, none of them would get raped if they were taught effective ways to defend themselves from Brutes

I didn't watch either vids, but in today's warzone I would say no, especially for the average woman. To survive any semi attract woman is not only going to have to fight off any and all enemies encountered on the battlefield but also the men in her unit. As an outsider looking in the war zones that the US are involved in and I'm not talking about being stationed on a base in Japan or somewhere similar, there seems to be no warrior codes. This isn't even about how that person can handle themself with a weapon or any combat training they've received, but what the effects of war would do to them. On the other hand women would also make the perfect soldier, but that deals with some sketchy subjects like mindbreaking, NLP and project monarch type things

As with any special interest group documentary, 30% seems like a rremendous reach. I would have to see their sources. I know so many women who have been deployed, hell there is more than 10 on the floor I am on now, hard to imagine almost a third bring raped. Admittedly, I have never directly asked any of them "where you raped over there." And reference butch or girly girls, when they go to the field they are all butch by necessity.

Like the chic on Real World disclosed, she had to take a *$%+ in a hole and bury it most of the times, and she was a medic.

I don't see any physical limitations when it comes to women being able to use a gun and certain weapons, just as long as the gun/weapon is the perfect weight/size for them? One of my friends this tiny vietnamese girl was going to work on dudes in paintball---women can be VERY effective in combat if they are trained to maximize their strengths
pimp.gif
They are nimble, quick, stealth and can fit in tight spaces--women are the perfect assassins

I mean,  you would have to have a very butch woman to do this. Not a girl who is 5'3 110lbs. I mean, sure, gimme a 5'8 woman who is brolic and hard as nails anyday.

I'm here talking about how fit, small, women could have an advantage and you're bringing up butch women? Whatever floats your boat, my fantasy has an Megan Fox type sneaking through vents and assassinating people

My point was they should stop training women like men, women can be formidable allies on any battlefield if their strengths are maximized---Don't expect women to engage in hand to hand combat with anyone without some tricks (eg boot knife to the groin) would be highly effective

The US military should let me train their women, none of them would get raped if they were taught effective ways to defend themselves from Brutes

fantasy? No Im saying, I would be ok with tough as nails women serving on the front line, not women who are much smaller than men.

fantasy? No Im saying, I would be ok with tough as nails women serving on the front line, not women who are much smaller than men.

I gotcha, they don't have to be "butch" to be tough----Maybe we have two definitions of butch, I think small, pretty, non-butch women can be good soldiers as long as they got that mentality again it brings me back to the idea of maximizing their strengths-

As long as she's tough, I wouldn't mind a much smaller woman in front of me----Being small can be an advantage in gun fights, I'm 6ft4 and a huge target for anyone

A well trained, smaller, opponent can be very deadly

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

As with any special interest group documentary, 30% seems like a rremendous reach. I would have to see their sources. I know so many women who have been deployed, hell there is more than 10 on the floor I am on now, hard to imagine almost a third bring raped. Admittedly, I have never directly asked any of them "where you raped over there." And reference butch or girly girls, when they go to the field they are all butch by necessity.

Like the chic on Real World disclosed, she had to take a *$%+ in a hole and bury it most of the times, and she was a medic.
Why is it hard to imagine that almost a third are sexually assaulted? Most studies I have seen for adult women is 1 in 4, so I think that the 30% can be incredibly accurate. Sexual assault is one of those things that we will never get a true grasp of the number of people that are victimized because of the stigma that still goes along with being a victim. TBH, I think that most estimates about the number of people being sexually assaulted is on the low side because for a lot of people it's easier to be silent than to speak out against the abuser.

Originally Posted by hugebird

Why is it hard to imagine that almost a third are sexually assaulted? Most studies I have seen for adult women is 1 in 4, so I think that the 30% can be incredibly accurate. Sexual assault is one of those things that we will never get a true grasp of the number of people that are victimized because of the stigma that still goes along with being a victim. TBH, I think that most estimates about the number of people being sexually assaulted is on the low side because for a lot of people it's easier to be silent than to speak out against the abuser.

also when they say rape, it doesnt really have to be violent. If a female soldier is pressured by her male peers to perform actions or they will black ball her, I mean that is forced sex.  In a sense

Originally Posted by hugebird

This premiered at Sundance recently, and they estimate that 30% of servicewomen are raped during their enlistment, and they are more likely to be raped by a fellow serviceman in Iraq and Afghanistan than they are to be killed by the enemy.

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

AntonLaVey wrote:

blakep267 wrote:

I gotcha, they don't have to be "butch" to be tough----Maybe we have two definitions of butch, I think small, pretty, non-butch women can be good soldiers as long as they got that mentality again it brings me back to the idea of maximizing their strengths-

As long as she's tough, I wouldn't mind a much smaller woman in front of me----Being small can be an advantage in gun fights, I'm 6ft4 and a huge target for anyone

If you were on the front lines you wouldnt want no 5' 125 LB female in front of you. It wouldnt even be possible because you're wearing about 85 lbs of gear and there are no females that small who could carry that weight around with them. Females aren't about that combat life. We're not even just talking about physically (which is the main issue), but emotionally as well. Women are welcome in the military.. but not on the battlefield popping guns. You need to be strong. If your fellow soldier is down, you need to be able to carry dude to safety. Women just aren't capable.

If you're talking about some small chick dressed in all black climbing around in vents and snapping the necks of guards in bathroom stalls then ok I hear you.

But women in armed combat against other men ? No
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NooEra

If you were on the front lines you wouldnt want no 5' 125 LB female in front of you. It wouldnt even be possible because you're wearing about 85 lbs of gear and there are no females that small who could carry that weight around with them. Females aren't about that combat life. We're not even just talking about physically (which is the main issue), but emotionally as well. Women are welcome in the military.. but not on the battlefield popping guns. You need to be strong. If your fellow soldier is down, you need to be able to carry dude to safety. Women just aren't capable.

If you're talking about some small chick dressed in all black climbing around in vents and snapping the necks of guards in bathroom stalls then ok I hear you.

laugh.gif

Like I said, maximize their strengths, everything about how the military is run is built for men---a lot of it can be tweaked to be more suitable for women including the gear

Again, as long as someone has the mentality and is ACCURATE with a gun I'd let them fight beside me no matter how "small" they are

People who want big men in front of them clearly just want a shield which is understandable I guess
grin.gif
Kinda cowardly but understandable

laugh.gif

Like I said, maximize their strengths, everything about how the military is run is built for men---a lot of it can be tweaked to be more suitable for women including the gear

Again, as long as someone has the mentality and is ACCURATE with a gun I'd let them fight beside me no matter how "small" they are

People who want big men in front of them clearly just want a shield which is understandable I guess
grin.gif

So now you're calling US soldiers on the front line cowards?

You were the one who originally brought up the idea of having a fellow soldier "in front of you".

"As long as she's tough, I wouldn't mind a much smaller woman in front of me----Being small can be an advantage in gun fights, I'm 6ft4 and a huge target for anyone"
roll.gif

All I was saying that if you're so keen on someone being in front of you, you would rather have it be a suitable US soldier. Not a nimble female.

Anyway, you're clearly ignorant as to what it takes to be a soldier on the front line. The fact that you're talking about "maximizing a women's strength" to fit the bill of a US soldier in armed hand-to-hand combat is laughable. Do you understand what kind of training it takes to be a special op soldier ? A navy seal? A green beret?

If you want to maximize a women's strength then maximize her brain power . Plain and simple women cannot match up to men in terms of physicality. Ever.

This isn't a knock on females, it's just the truth. I love women. I think there should be more women in our country making important decisions. But when it comes to being cold-blooded killers; leave it to the men.

"tweek" the gear for females? So you're suggesting making the gear that women wear lighter and less effective than the gear men wear? less ammo for women? no radio? no helmet? cmon son
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

We're talking infantry/combat arms here, not a spec-ops fantasy world. And you bring up a big thing, "as long as the gun/weapon is the perfect weight/size for them", there is no perfect weapon size for every one. We make due with whats best available. Combat arms, especially infantry, is not for the weak of heart or body.

If you want to maximize a women's strength then maximize her brain power . Plain and simple women cannot match up to men in terms of physicality. Ever.

This isn't a knock on females, it's just the truth. I love women. I think there should be more women in our country making important decisions. But when it comes to being cold-blooded killers; leave it to the men.

I agree women can not match up to men in physicality but women can be cold-blooded killers. How does Israel handle their women soldiers? Everyone has to serve their country there.

don't mind noo era anton. he talking about how small pretty women can't fight, but my man thinks the girliest, softest qb is the best in the NFL

Originally Posted by cap1229

I agree women can not match up to men in physicality but women can be cold-blooded killers. How does Israel handle their women soldiers? Everyone has to serve their country there.

So do you want the US to adopt Isreal's military policies ?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

grin.gif

So now you're calling US soldiers on the front line cowards?

You were the one who originally brought up the idea of having a fellow soldier "in front of you".

"As long as she's tough, I wouldn't mind a much smaller woman in front of me----Being small can be an advantage in gun fights, I'm 6ft4 and a huge target for anyone"
roll.gif

All I was saying that if you're so keen on someone being in front of you, you would rather have it be a suitable US soldier. Not a nimble female.

Anyway, you're clearly ignorant as to what it takes to be a soldier on the front line. The fact that you're talking about "maximizing a women's strength" to fit the bill of a US soldier in armed hand-to-hand combat is laughable. Do you understand what kind of training it takes to be a special op soldier ? A navy seal? A green beret?

I didn't call them cowards, I called YOU a coward?

I'm saying I'm 6ft4 and still taller than the avg soldier so whether its a small female or another short dude in front of me it behooves me to get my big @#$ down

I will trust a woman who has shown mental toughness and accuracy with a weapon as much as I would trust a guy---people in here are acting like we live in the dark ages were people fought with swords and spears-The US military relies on technology (bombs, aircrafts) etc more than "hand to hand" combat, as the US military and modern warfare continues to advance women will continue to assume progressively bigger roles

This isn't the US military

viking_raiding_party_landing.jpg

I would trust a small woman who is a sharp shooter before an overgrown brute who couldn't hit a stationary target-If a woman is mentally tough, in good shape, and has good AIM she can make a great soldier

pimp.gif
You don't seem to have a good understanding of combat.  Marines & Soldiers carry over 100 lbs for miles at a time through steep terrain in all weather conditions.  Using a weapon in combat isn't just pulling a trigger and controlling the recoil... there's a lot that goes on before a single shot is fired.  Women haven't proven capable to withstand the same basic training and pt standards as men in the military... it goes without saying that it is counter productive to put them into direct combat roles.  Some people argue that women in the military are already seeing combat.  That's only because they may be part of a convoy that is attacked, but they really aren't allowed into direct combat roles.  The gear a soldier wears is 70 lbs at minimum, good luck finding a lot of women that can handle that weight plus the weight of a 200+ lb fallen comrade and drag/carry him to safety.  The military doesn't look to recruit weak or average men for the battlefield... why should they look to recruit women?

Many of these dudes arent carrying 200 lbs either. When I get home, I'll look up some fb pics of both men and women i work with

That's all you got?  Humans have been waging war against each other ever since we were created and your proof for women being combat effective is 1 female WWII sniper. Never mind all the test the military has conducted that proves otherwise.
eyes.gif

Many of these dudes arent carrying 200 lbs either. When I get home, I'll look up some fb pics of both men and women i work with

I'm saying, many of the people I know in the military aren't the biggest people out there---People are in here acting like everyone in the military looks like this

the_expendables_70-535x337.jpg

Back
Top Bottom