Ricky Rubio signs with ADIDAS!!!

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Originally Posted by Zyzz

A good looking Love sig priced at around $140 would sell decent brah 
not in your dreams. those would go on sale the day after they release, seriously.

Dude GR colorways for Brons, Kobes and Durants get put on sale, get major price cuts or end up in outlets. 

Of all Nike's athletes Love is the best prospect for giving a sig. Even giving Love the Hyperposite would be a good look 

If the shoe looks good it will sell decent. That's the major problem with the Jordan Brand sigs, the shoes are %+@%%%! hideous 

Have you not seen what's happened to Amare's line? Sure, the shoes aren't the best looking things, though they're not terrible (even dating back to the Operate. But good G-d those elephant print PHX PEs were INCREDIBLE), but you'd think that Amare's (early) performances in the league would have sold a little bit. Turns out they didn't and they haven't and they probably never will. Big men don't sell shoes, it's just the way things go. Kevin Love will be the first one to tell you that his game is of the ugly variety. He's unathletic, he rocks the lumberjack beard, and the thing he prides himself on the most is his rebounding (which he's damn good at, mind you). None of that is marketable.

And I'm not even going to touch the race bit...

Originally Posted by K Town Trash

lol @ yall thinking klove will move sig shoes.. guys like klove aren't marketable. best pf in the league =/= marketable. you know whos marketable? guys like blake griffin. flashy, all star, plays in the big market etc. i even think anthony davis can sell more sigs as of right now than klove

thing is even if Blake Griffin got a sig shoe, it would flop. i can put money on it

I see what you did there zyzz
wink.gif

have fun with those acl comebacks 3stripes

at least they threw $ at a small...d12 aint moving anything, no big man ever does

Originally Posted by K Town Trash

lol @ yall thinking klove will move sig shoes.. guys like klove aren't marketable. best pf in the league =/= marketable. you know whos marketable? guys like blake griffin. flashy, all star, plays in the big market etc. i even think anthony davis can sell more sigs as of right now than klove

thing is even if Blake Griffin got a sig shoe, it would flop. i can put money on it
what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

If true Nike isn't going to match that, 
laugh.gif
. I love Ricky buy he ain't worth that much 

-But Nike needs to give Kevin Love a sig. 

You forget there's a whole country of people that love Rubio. They'll buy his shoes and whatever else.

Originally Posted by donjuan513

If true Nike isn't going to match that, 
laugh.gif
. I love Ricky buy he ain't worth that much 

-But Nike needs to give Kevin Love a sig. 

You forget there's a whole country of people that love Rubio. They'll buy his shoes and whatever else.

It's more than what the pay Rafa, the most popular athlete in that same country. So I doubt Nike will match

Spain alone isn't worth 17 million a year 

telfair_pose_170.jpg
 Adidas is a bunch of idiots......... they offer two much money for unproven talent, when will they learn?
tired.gif
 They still paying telfair
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

Adidas is a bunch of idiots......... they offer two much money for unproven talent, when will they learn?
tired.gif
laugh.gif

I thought that first deal was only six years? They might still be paying him, but probably not the $2+ million/year that he originally signed for. And even if they were, who cares? $2 million is chump change to Adidas.

Let em leave...Kobe and Lebron is pretty much all Nike needs...and KD......Jordan doesnt count lol

telfair_pose_170.jpg
tired.gif
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
If only Bassy would have went to Louisville.

They wanna pay him 17 mil a year?!?!?!!?!?!?!
Stupid adidas
30t6p3b.gif

I dont even care but damn these shoe contract gotten out of hand

WOW why are they giving him mvp type money??? isnt that how much rose is getting from them??? that figure has to be a mistake...

telfair_pose_170.jpg
tired.gif
laugh.gif

That's most sneaker companies, and Nike was paying him last year.
And I think Rubio proved a lot averaging 8 assist and having Minnesota competitive the first half of the year.
You think Jeremy Lin proved more than Rubio during the season?

You call KG, Dwight Howard, Kevin Love, Tim Duncan and Derrick Rose unproved talent?

The world is bigger than the United States. Why wouldn't they want to have one of the most popular young European basketball players in the NBA? Provided he comes back from the ACL tear, this is a good look for Adidas. I wouldn't lock in a long term contract given the injury risk, but I think it's a great idea to get a young, marketable, flashy PG.

Also, Kevin Love's a great player, but he won't move any sneakers. If Duncan and Amare all couldn't sell Nikes with decent designs, how will Kevin Love? Not to threadjack, but if I had to guess who'd be the most marketable Nike sponsors w/o a sig right now, I'd say Deron and Rondo. Possibly over time Westbrook or Kyrie, and maybe Lin (bc of Asia, he would not do well in USA imo). Blake might move some units, but not if it's ugly. Only big man I can think of that sold anything was when Garrett first came into the league and Barkley back when the 'Air Force' line was still putting out premium products. Don't even think Nike uses the 'Force' line anymore, everything is this flimsy hyper-fuse/dunk *!$$.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

WOW why are they giving him mvp type money??? isnt that how much rose is getting from them??? that figure has to be a mistake...

international sales>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>*

Back
Top Bottom