Ricky Rubio

Hell be the first PG taken this year...Theres no way hes gonna wait another year with John Wall coming out next year

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Hell be the first PG taken this year...Theres no way hes gonna wait another year with John Wall coming out next year
not really sure who John Wall is...but him being the first PG taken is what im thinkin also...but for some reason, i'm not sure how successfulhe'd be or if he'd be used straight away....for some reason i see him goin thru somethin like what Jarryd Bayless is goin thru in Portland....onlything is if he ends up on a team like washington if they buy into him for the future and waive mike james and possibly trade crittenton and use him behindarenas or behind conley in memphis, or maybe even sacramento and give beno udrih a run for startin PG.

Originally Posted by bundy9

not really sure who John Wall is...but him being the first PG taken is what im thinkin also...but for some reason, i'm not sure how successful he'd be or if he'd be used straight away....for some reason i see him goin thru somethin like what Jarryd Bayless is goin thru in Portland....only thing is if he ends up on a team like washington if they buy into him for the future and waive mike james and possibly trade crittenton and use him behind arenas or behind conley in memphis, or maybe even sacramento and give beno udrih a run for startin PG.
If Rubio comes out he'll be top 3 pick. Nobody is going to sit a top 3 pick. Only reason why Bayless is sitting is because of the teamhe's on. Any other team that could have taken Bayless in the lottery...he'd be playing heavy minutes.

^ well not exactly....there was so much promise with darko remember...coming in as a #2 for detroit and he got some serious bench burn, but point taken on thefact that it depends on the team he's on. thats why i mentioned that it depends on what team he ends up with and the way the ping pong balls land inJune's draft....chicago last year wasnt expected to get top draft pic and they did, so its really possible rubio could end up on the warriors for examplewhich is laden with PG's, or even the grizzles as i mentioned who would need a proper back up...so yes it depends on what team he lands on, but as urightfully said it depends on the construct of the team, and its the same for rubio, he can come out in the top 3, but still get bayless-like playing time ifhe ends up with warriors as i mentioned in my example.

Originally Posted by bundy9

^ well not exactly....there was so much promise with darko remember...coming in as a #2 for detroit and he got some serious bench burn, but point taken on the fact that it depends on the team he's on. thats why i mentioned that it depends on what team he ends up on and which way the ping pong balls land in June's draft....chicago last year wasnt expected to get top draft pic and they did, so its really possible rubio could end up on the warriors for example which is laden with PG's, or even the grizzles as i mentioned who would need a proper back up...so yes it depends on what team he lands on, but as u rightfully said it depends on the construct of the team, and its the same for rubio, he can come out in the top 3, but still get bayless-like playing time if he ends up warriors as i mentioned in my example.

The warriors maybe, but if he were to get drafted by the grizzlies theres no way I see Conley starting over him.

^ i agree but remember he has to go thru the transition...all depends on if he's able to translate his european gam eto the nba and become steady and solidlike calderon in toronto for example...conley too was projected to be an instant impact PG coming into the draft and he's mediocre at best in the nba andnow has or will be 3yrs experienced with rubio coming in and makin adjustments....so it would be a lil time b4 he starts...unless he's a complete spongeand comes in with much maturity to bowl conley out

In most cases I would say your right, but Rubio been playin Pro ball since like 15 or so. Regardless of what league it is, the pros are the pros.

U gotta remember, Tony parker came in at like 18 and was drafted to be the starting PG immediately on one of the best teams in the league.

I see him starting immediately no matter where he goes....If that team already has a good starting PG I expect theyll be on the trading block all offseason(Including GS)

The only obstacle seems to be the buy-out from his current team...otherwise, he's probably the second best prospect in the draft.

I remember reading an interview that it said his mom or dad wont let him enter the draft till 2010

In most cases I would say your right, but Rubio been playin Pro ball since like 15 or so. Regardless of what league it is, the pros are the pros.

U gotta remember, Tony parker came in at like 18 and was drafted to be the starting PG immediately on one of the best teams in the league.

I see him starting immediately no matter where he goes....If that team already has a good starting PG I expect theyll be on the trading block all offseason (Including GS)
Actually TP wasn't supposed to start immediately...Antonio Daniels was just that bad at the time
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I see him starting immediately no matter where he goes....If that team already has a good starting PG I expect theyll be on the trading block all offseason (Including GS)
Actually TP wasn't supposed to start immediately...Antonio Daniels was just that bad at the time
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Now that I think back your definitely right

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
no doubt, you're right....his experience will be invaluable to his transition and will noteably be what teams would be looking at as his keymarketing incentive. Antonio Daniels was on Spurs?
laugh.gif
...lol, cantremember that really...and yea for TP in that instance again shows it depends on the circumstance so he came into one where he was plugged in immediately. buti dont doubt your points though, ive seen him play durin da olympics and other youtube videos its possible he can come in and be a starter immediately....iguess we'll wait and see...but with teh way these potential lottery teams are currently, i guess it isnt hard to see him as a starter besides Phoenixanyway...

I remember reading an interview that it said his mom or dad wont let him enter the draft till 2010

now why they wanna go an do that!?
laugh.gif

Wouldn't the team that drafted him have to buy out his contract? That would be like paying $8 million a season for the pick.

is this the dude thats supposed to be like a derrick rose clone

You really think Wall would go before Rubio?

Ehhhh, I dunno about that.

I think that even if Ricky waits until Next year, he's still the 1st PG off the board.

Originally Posted by dreClark

You really think Wall would go before Rubio?

Ehhhh, I dunno about that.

I think that even if Ricky waits until Next year, he's still the 1st PG off the board.

I cant see that happening... Id be willing to put $$ on it too
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Terry Porter was starting back then.

^ You are not allowed to give anyone an L if you cant even spell your login name correctly.

Back
Top Bottom