Ricky Williams (already) out for the year with torn chest muscle

POSTED 2:58 p.m. EST, November 27, 2007
RICKY DONE FOR SEASON by Michael David Smith

The Ricky Williams comeback tour lasted one game and six carries.

Tim Graham of the Palm Beach Post reports that Williams' season is over after he suffered a torn chest muscle in Monday night's loss to the Steelers. The injury will require about four months to fully recover, Graham reports.

The injury took place in the second quarter, when Williams was hit, fumbled and fell to the ground and was then stepped on by Steelers linebacker Lawrence Timmons. It was Williams' first game in almost two years, after he was suspended for violations of the league's substance-abuse policy.

"It's just sad," Graham quotes Williams' agent, Leigh Steinberg, saying. "As hard as he's worked. He worked so hard physically to get back into shape and in therapy. He worked so hard for that moment and to have it end this way is sad."

Graham reports that the Dolphins want Williams to rehab the injury at the team's facilities, indicating that they're open to having Williams on the team in 2008.

Courtesy of profootballtalk.com and the Palm Beach Post.

Of freaking course. Next there will be a thread that Chatman is out for the decade with a loose tooth. What else can get? We've had two games delayed bylighting, bad sign, another game in a swamp in London. More season ending injuries then I can possibly remember. I can't wait to see what comes next. Just can't wait.

He did get the @@%@ stomped out of him by that dude going for the fumble.
laugh.gif

^----Def.

It was like 10 minutes before any of the announcers said squat about it.

When it happened I was like "Damn! Dude just cleated."

Haha so this dudes gonna be bandaged up, can't work out, can't even barely travel, all hes gonna do is spark up all day.

You can't even hate on Ricky for this. Dude straight wrenched his shoulder with his cleat.

Haha so this dudes gonna be bandaged up, can't work out, can't even barely travel, all hes gonna do is spark up all day.
laugh.gif
please no...but might just be a sign for him to start upagain...

and he'll spark a joint to take his mind off his failed comeback attempt and get busted again.

-J-

Lawrence Timmons did stomp this dude out...Didn't look like it was 'incidental contact' either...

this is the reason why high school and colleges mandate that players have to practice 3 weeks in pads before throing them into games.
this is the Dolphins fault, he had no BUSINESS playing a game after 7 days of practice.
smh.gif

you guys have no idea how i'm trying to contain myself from putting 513415132
roll.gif

i can't help but laugh. Welp back to Mary J he goes.

Back
Top Bottom