Ridin the Bench Unappreciation Post

JV year i probably played about 8 min a game. Varsity year maybe 2. I did suffer from a knee injury that forced me to get surgery, and I think the coachesquestioned if I had ever fully recovered.

So this year I decided not even to bother playin ball for my hs. It's not worth it. Going to practice everyday bustin your+**@ just to sit on the bench.And I hate when people say...well at least your on the team
indifferent.gif

I know somebody feels were im comin from.

lol i grew to accept it. i was usually the 8th, 9th man off the bench or never played
laugh.gif

then one time during the first qtr the coach called my name 1rst off the bench and i was was hella surprised and looked around and had an expression like me??.
laugh.gif
the coach said hurry up before i change my mind hahah

So this year I decided not even to bother playin ball for my hs. It's not worth it. Going to practice everyday bustin your+**@ just to sit on the bench
Quitter.

You couldnt care too much about the game in the first place and you obviously werent busting your%%#% enough.

Damn ClutchSHooter
laugh.gif

maybe homie was givin his all and just wasnt better then his teammates.

I sat da bench on Varsity Hoops for 2 yrs but it wasnt unappreciated, it just made me work harder. I ended up playin alot my JR yr and startin my Sr Yr.
In football, I rode the Pine my Frosh yr after I moved up to Varsity, now that had me heated and was VERY UnAppreciated cuz i was killing JV and they movedme up after 4 games just to play Special teams and get reps in practice. in the end, it helped out cuz i started soph, jr & Sr yr.

I rode the Pine Frosh & Soph yr in Baseball too. but I knew I wasnt ready to play cuz dudes on the squad was head and shoulders better then me

to the threadstarter, do you feel like you should have been playing ?

You couldnt care too much about the game in the first place and you obviously werent busting your%%#% enough.
Naw homie, it wont even like that. I remember a week before one of our games coach had me practicing with the starters since one of them wasinjured. I was playin hard all week and everybody on the team said that I was going to start the next game...ended up not even touching the floor.

i wouldnt know since i never came off the bench in anysport in my life.
It was like this for me to (playing football) until my knee injury. I never went back to football...aint even goin lie, i was scared
tired.gif
. But the injury was crazy, shattered some of my bone and tore some ligaments,BADLY. Doctor told my parents it was a possiblity I might have to get it amputated. But the surgery went good and I had some good theorpy.

lol i grew to accept it. i was usually the 8th, 9th man off the bench or never played
laugh.gif

then one time during the first qtr the coach called my name 1rst off the bench and i was was hella surprised and looked around and had an expression like me??.
laugh.gif
the coach said hurry up before i change my mind hahah

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

"i wouldnt know since i never came off the bench in anysport in my life."

You playing College/Pro ball now?

You must be amazing at "anysport" in the world.

man look i played football and baseball all my life organized ... bball was just fun for me but im 5'11 and white so im a realist as well ... senior year idecide after playing a pick up game with the supposed "star" of our team, I can hang with dude so ima try out for basketball ... I go throughtryouts, bust my butt, get clock in every exhibition, show out and make the squad ... we go to florida for a tourney and cali for another(played ty lawson,gist, ginyard and a few others along the way) ... we get to league play and i get the cold shoulder ... I dropped 18 against ty lawsons mob in florida andyoure telling me i cant get any tick tock? So i let it slide for a few weeks and then I finally get called to go in ... I drop one tre ball, missed a layup igot fouled on that our oach got a Tech for, and I had an assist on three trips down the court ... never saw the court again until the last week of the season... coach was making some suspect moves imo but he was apparently looking to get younger kids some experience which was cool cuz like i said this isnt my mainsport ... so i figure, i got a free trip to cali, a free trip to florida, and a rack of and 1 gear cuz we were sponsored ... so yeah it sucks if you dont getanything out of it

Originally Posted by 1NyceBalla

JV year i probably played about 8 min a game. Varsity year maybe 2. I did suffer from a knee injury that forced me to get surgery, and I think the coaches questioned if I had ever fully recovered.

So this year I decided not even to bother playin ball for my hs. It's not worth it. Going to practice everyday bustin your+**@ just to sit on the bench. And I hate when people say...well at least your on the team
indifferent.gif

I know somebody feels were im comin from.

Bro you sound EXACTLY like me
laugh.gif

i know how you feel. Looking back at it, i really don't think i should have a quit. Should just worked even harder and proved the @$%%@*+ coachwrong...The guy absolutely had it out for me but still i regret the decision. Only positive that came out of it was i found volleyball
smile.gif

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

Originally Posted by 27th4theHood

Being in the marching band is a sport?

hahaha, i remember i was sophmore starter on my JV football and my posistions coach gets the bright idea of moving me up to varsity and i pretty much neversaw the field again untill he moved me back down to JV,
sick.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
, i was heated

I started all the time in high school, but now in college i don't ever see the floor. We just had a game today and we won by 20 and I didn't even touchthe floor. I'm pretty much a warm-up allstar.

i rode the bench my entire sophmore year, due mainly to the fact that as far as im concerned i flat out sucked at basketball, then i decided that i'd hadenough of that. so i BUSTED MY!$*# that offseason, we're talking blacktop every single day, constantly looking for the best players to play and i was thestarting 2 by the next season (actually we ran a two PG lineup so that i could start) , i even outplayed the last year's starter for the job.

im not a natural athlete by any means but i put in WORK that offseason.

if you're not a scorer, fine but defense is all about effort and hardwork and any coach is going to notice that his starters cant dribble more than twiceon you without losing their handle.

Ask [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]AC4Three[/color], but don't blame him. Blame Glen Chu, the Mike D'antoni of high schoolbasketball.

I aint gonna lie, only reason I played b ball was to get at chicks from other schools, and to look pretty and dunk during lay up drills and have the other teamshook. haha i got little burn though

Now football, I never seen the bench, haha coachs had me on O,D and everyspeacial teams. I remeber I came off injury after missing 5 games my senior year, Iwas outta shape like hell and they still had me starting everything. I thought I was finan die by the 3rd quarter

How about riding the bench because the player in front of you dad is a booster. SMH Even the coaches said i was way better than him but they couldnt start mebecause they would lose a big time booster.

Unappreciated, especially when you're used to starting. Growing up, I was always the starting catcher. I pretty much caught every inning of every game Iever played. That ended when I joined a traveling team. I straight up rode the bench for ten games in a row
indifferent.gif
. I got to go to Brazil, but I only pinch hittwice and pinch ran once. Got no innings in the field.

Originally Posted by cincybcats22

"i wouldnt know since i never came off the bench in anysport in my life."

You playing College/Pro ball now?

You must be amazing at "anysport" in the world.

roll.gif

That sucks. I remember in HS one of my best friends would average more ppg than me in AAU, but he rode the bench during HS. He didnt play his senior yeareither. I started in HS. He would always get heated about not playing, and it would show in practice. Now, I only play in city leagues. He went the JC routeand now plays D2 so, its funny how it worked out.

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

Being in the marching band is a sport?

nope. shouldnt u be in a patriots or redsox thread riding boston?

That was almost as lame as the teams you ride
laugh.gif

coaches benched me when i didn't use "techniques" to shed blockers and when I stood up too high on pass rushes
smh.gif
other than that, i stayed getting burns
ohwell.gif
so yes, unappreciated

Back
Top Bottom