RIP jermaine oneal

At least he was on D trying to stop that shot. I'm tired of seeing defenders walk away when the person with the ball starts getting air like that.

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

sick.gif
dude need to retire already. He has been trash since the day he enter the league. What a waste of 6'11 250 lbs frame.

reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaachh.

trying to use a dunk thread to discredit a multiple time All Star, All NBA, and legit 20/10 guy in his prime.

i wasnt even in this thread trying to defend the guy but some of you are reachin A LOT with this 'jo has always been a scrub' talk.

this dude is averaging 2 blocks per game for his career.

he averaged a block per while only playing 13 minutes a game one season in portland.

what people fail to realize is that great shot blockers are the ones who get yammed on the worst.

jo, zo, deke, ratliff, emeka, even bradley.

mainly because they bother to contest the dunk in the first place.

baron on jo is overrated, but the call by the announcer is classic.
laugh.gif
this
I was going to say this same kind of thing. I mean, JO getting yammed on... that was nasty. But, Ive had nothing but respect for dude on the courthis whole career, because he takes the chance of being jammed on to try and block a shot.

Even though dude is injured quite a bit the past few years, the man can still block shots. Ive got nothing but appreciation for what hes done for the Raps...

That being said, all those vids are freakin disgusting... Damn JO
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wttm

as a raps fan or JO fans you get mixed feelings. lol
its sad to see him get banged on but its also good to see a dude getting in there to make a defensive play. Look at Zo.
I rather see him get banged on then running away from the play, you'll never see Bosh get crammed on cause hes soft in the paint. It also shows you how horrible our D. Our perimeter guys cant D for %#+% and JO has to get banged on all day! Look at how many clips out there already with him in a Raptors shirt getting ****ed on lolol and hes only played like 30 games for us.
id rather get dunked on than giving away a uncontested dunk.... too man people here concerned with their "ego". I'll go for theblock everytime.

When you're a decent shot blocker like JO, you're gonna often take that gamble... and lose sometimes.

But Tyrus has gotten his fair share too...

eek.gif
eek.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

its sooo much more vicious when a guy dunks on you with two hands. as seen in the swift on tyrus and kmart on oneal.

In O'Neal's defense, in all the videos, the dunker's defender was either trying to cheat or just wasn't there and JO had to come off the weakside.

And I'm FAR from a Jermain O'Neal fan, but people are making him out to be Shawn Bradley or something. All the vids are sick, though.

JO's sliding kick on those Pistons fans makes all this null and void IMO. Homie still a G. I know everyone on here was saying that the night of Malice inthe Palace
laugh.gif

^the part where you try and block a shot instead of giving away an easy one...

sick dunk though...but that one where stro yammed it on tyrus...the rim was hurting on that one

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

JO, Alonzo and Big Ben.

man..at least these guys challenge shots. some centers just bend over and give 2 pts away.

but that was nasty indeed.
Yep.

For every time these guys get dunked on I'm sure they get 10 blocks. Respect to them for repeatedly getting dunked on and still challenging. If someonelike Shaq ever got dunked on, I don't think he'd challenge a shot anymore.

You can't make an omlette without breaking eggs....

Those dunks are nasty but give me someone that has the cohones to contest every dunk than a soft teddy bear center any day. If he's healty, Riles, pull thetrigger

Originally Posted by heat23

Those dunks are nasty but give me someone that has the cohones to contest every dunk than a soft teddy bear center any day. If he's healty, Riles, pull the trigger
This guy had the cohones to contest every dunk and look how well that went for him......
webber-dunk1.jpg

That was nasty. But I give those guys much more respect than other players who just run away.

These dudes go up to block EVERY shot. Word to 'Zo.

Originally Posted by calibeebee

Originally Posted by heat23

Those dunks are nasty but give me someone that has the cohones to contest every dunk than a soft teddy bear center any day. If he's healty, Riles, pull the trigger
This guy had the cohones to contest every dunk and look how well that went for him......
webber-dunk1.jpg

And for that I tip my hat. He wasn't afraid of getting dunked on while giving it his all and trying to help his team win the game

Back
Top Bottom