RIP Manute Bol

R.I.P.
tired.gif

[h1]Manute Bol deserves more recognition for his work in Sudan[/h1][h2][/h2]By SAM MELLINGER

The Kansas City Star

The hero is 7 feet 7 inches when he’s standing but for now lies on his back, crammed into a standard hospital bed in Virginia. His name is Manute Bol. You might remember him as the tallest player in NBA history during his 10 seasons.

The story of why he is hooked to tubes in Virginia instead of relaxing at his home in Olathe is inspiring and embarrassing and humbling and depressing, all at the same time.

He knows this story is running today, and wanted to talk, to spread his message. But the pain is too much. Maybe later.

So for now, he lays in that bed and takes more tests and grinds through more pain and wonders when he can get back to doing more good. This is the inspiring and humbling part of his story.

“He’s making progress,

What a kind heart this man had.

It's kinda depressing how people give everything of themselves to better the world, but when they pass away the message is forgotten and we continue on with the destruction of the world.

I always would get scared seeing him jump around, looked like he was gonna break in half.

RIP to good human being

I remember one time Bol (7-7) got an isolation play on Chuck Nevitt (7-5) and beat him off the dribble for 2pts which looked like two praying mantis playing basketball.

Manute had a special relationship with Mullin and I think even named one of his kids "Chris".

Back
Top Bottom