RIP Mr. Magic

Freshly  ‏@manniefresh

R.I.P. MR MAGIC Please keep his family, friends in ur prayers#GreatDude  #9thWard  [emoji]128549[/emoji] http://instagr.am/p/WXL4DBPfKH/  

Mr. Magic, the 9th Ward New Orleans rapper who scored a minor hit with Roy Jones Jr.’s Body Head imprint and was a frequent collaborator on No Limit Records albums in the 90s and early 2000s has died according to reports from Mannie Fresh & the Twitter account of C Murder. The rapper and his wife were involved in a fatal car accident in Mississppi last night, his daughter being the lone survivor. No further details have been released about the crash or how it happened.

Many have taken to Twitter to morn the rapper who made his No Limit debut in 1998 with Sky’s The Limit  but left the label after 5 years, releasing two more albums in the process. He then joined with Jones Jr. & fellow New Orleans rapper and No Limit member Choppa to form Body Head Bangerz and put out one album, Body Head Bangerz Vol. 1  in 2004. His most noted appearances came on C-Murder’s “Down With My ******” and Jones Jr.’s “I Smoke, I Drank” remix featuring YoungBloodz.

I remember being in a CD store in like 2001 and I decided to buy a random No Limit album out of boredom. It came down to Magic and Mr Marcelo. I ended up buying the Mr Marcelo album and it was terrible.

RIP though

awww man im Hurt ....i feel terrible for him, his wife, and especially his daughter nobody deserves that man

Damn RIP Mr. Magic

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

This is definitely sad, "Thuggin'" was HARD. I used to play the hell out of "That's Me" and "Ice on My Wrist". He was always one of my favorites off No Limit. I don't think I ever got "Sky's the Limit" though. :smh:

I bought that White Eyes album. EASILY one of the worst albums I ever heard, SMH :x

Last edited:
Damn.... RIP
"I'm mr magic cuz I'm known for makin my victims disappear...fear? Nah n', that **** ain't runnin round here"

& free MAC

I'm from the N.O. MAGIC was a cool dude he held the 9th w/d down man he shined on alotta songs "I smoke I drank' , "**** Them Other ******", "Wobble Wobble" etc...RIP To MAGIC & HIS WIFE he had respect everywhere in this city sad to see the homie go like this..

Man this is way out the blue :smh: Was a fan of his, and on one of my random kicks where I'm just looking up various artists from years ago, I started listening to a lot of Mr. Magic, Mac, Soulja Slim, and Gambino Family. Dude definitely will be missed. That's the worst way to go when you're the sole survivor .

Last edited:
damn, RIP

I saw a couple tweets about this but didn't think it was no limit mr. magic

posted samething on ahh and bx-

man this **** ****** me up...The 1st rappers I ever met was magic & Mac...when I was bout 11 moms took me & my 2 brothers 2 tha radio station to meet them...chopped it up w/ em and they showed us luv...fastfoward yrs later & i performed on 2 shows w/ him...rip Mr. Magic mr 9th w/d

RIP :smh: :frown:
Was hoping for a No Limit Reunion someday, wouldn't be the same without Magic

Best wishes to his daughter and other friends and family.

Back
Top Bottom