RIP New York Hip-Hop? (Need Some Feedback)

Man after reading Nimleys post in here ive come to to the conclusion that NY hip hop is dead because of NYers like you. You have bashed every current Ny artist for all types of different reasons. With that way of thinking, you've put NY rappers in a lose lose situation. Bash Joey & Troy for rapping with styles they were influenced by when theyre just trying to stay true to that boom bap NY sound. And then bash Max & French cause theyre not lyrical but yet you listen to other non lyrical rappers...na man. There aint no winning for NY if all heads got that mindset out there. You bashing rappers who trying to sound like Golden Era NY & ones trying to bring a new sound to it. Makes no sense. If more NY rappers made good music they would be on, whether on the radio or the internet simple as that. Dave East aint bringing NY back single handedly. Thats gon take a group effort & most of all...SUPPORT FROM NY ITSELF

Last edited:
Zombies
Dave East
Joey Badass
Rocky
Ferg
Underachievers
Retch

Are all young "underground" artist I'll stack up against any other regions. It seems like your downplaying our artist because NYC doesn't have a "distinct sound" anymore but that's not our fault. Mainstream rap is all ******** watered down trap that talk about the same 3 topics. Harry Fraud is one of the best producers in the game but can't sniff the radio cause his sound is not trap. Can't believe u over here acting like what the masses are listening to is actually good :lol:

THIS ALL OF IT

and as far as the bronx not producing good rap.. it's all opinion but imo that's a lie. check out Doley Bernays X MP Williams - Just In Case and tell me NYC doesn't have any new rappers/ producers creating distinct new music

Last edited:
Manolo Rose is a dope song writer.

Dude will be around for a long time because of his innate hit making ability and ear for beats.

Now I'm just reading posts where dudes are heavily adding in their taste in music make their opinions bias as **** :lol:

You can't talk about the talent in all the other regions but NYC and then when you talk about NYC their rappers are either stuck in the past or jacking everybody else's sound. Seems to be an ignorance there about what NYC's sound is in the first place. You'd be better off saying it's just not popular right now instead of saying they're stuck in the past or sounding like other ppl. If you want to talk about the talent elsewhere but then only bring up the trash rappers from NYC there's your problem right there.

Max B hate will not fly.

MOB 1
Million Dollar Baby Radio
Domain Diego
Vigilante Season

All still get played on the regular. And he has a ton of songs from other tapes that are great.

I've been trying to listen to Joey b for the longest. From the few songs I've heard from him, he's nice, but I cant get past his first tape. His crew all on the tape brings down the quality. As far as the A$ap crew, they're all trash. Rocky may have a cool song every now and then.

Last edited:
Bodega Bamz & the tan boys are currently about to start a 33 city US tour, another group of cats who are NYC bred who are making good music and getting there name out.

Manolo I like.

He's sorta the reason I started this thread, I've been contemplating submitting an article about the subject for the publication I write for and just randomly I'm on the train gettin my girl from work and Manolo and half his crew get on the A train at 34th.

Manolo gets it, that's 2015 Brooklyn. He's from Marcy, I used to live down the block from him, I remember being in the FLAT last year and the DJ playin "DopeMan" for 30 minutes straight. Ns was crowd surfing in there, it was absolutely CRAZY, I had no clue who the guy was, I thought it was Bobby Shmurda and Rowdy Rebel. That gave me that old feeling. But it was a new sound.

Doley I can't cosign just yet. But I'd be willing to help him gain exposure because his perspective is important.

Jimi X is decent. He's an awful performer right now cause he's REALLY raw.

She'sRyan (chick with red hair and tats in Manolo video) has a VERY nice record that is bubbling. I did her a SOLID at our issue 1 release party, her camp owe me one, I **** with her people. If her record breaks, watch out.

Raw Blue is good. Looks a lot like Shmurda tho.

King Zues with the BOOM TRAP sound has potential. And he's a REALLY nice guy.

Sour Life is my Ns.

Our mag is about NEW New York hip-hop, so that's about 85% of what we deal with, and that's how I know there's a HUGE void as far as talent is concerned.

There's this crew from Bed Stuy that's DOPE, I forgot their name but they performed last at the hip-hop festival in East New York at the end of summer. Their energy was :wow: :pimp:.

William kid from the East with the "Fire Emoji" record :pimp:

The other guys at the mag really like Slim Dollars, Float GOD, and another kid from uptown. My man does his videos, but I don't think they like me :lol: Float is a trapped out NY Dom Kennedy.

I'm at mad events scouting talent. Shaking hands building relationships, trust me when I say there is a clear lack of talent. A lot of C grade, very few Bs, and I don't think I've come across a legit A yet, professionally or as a fan of the art.

WordSpit my N tho.
TruthCity is my artist. (Has great potential, is working with The Sound Killers)
I do marketing for Skyzoo and Torae.

And I forgot, "Computers" is the BEST song to come out of NY in a LOOOOOOOONG time by a new N.

Free GS9.

Last edited:
Manolo I like.

He's sorta the reason I started this thread, I've been contemplating submitting an article about the subject for the publication I write for and just randomly I'm on the train gettin my girl from work and Manolo and half his crew get on the A train at 34th.

Manolo gets it, that's 2015 Brooklyn. He's from Marcy, I used to live down the block from him, I remember being in the FLAT last year and the DJ playin "DopeMan" for 30 minutes straight. Ns was crowd surfing in there, it was absolutely CRAZY, I had no clue who the guy was, I thought it was Bobby Shmurda and Rowdy Rebel. That gave me that old feeling. But it was a new sound.

Doley I can't cosign just yet. But I'd be willing to help him gain exposure because his perspective is important.

Jimi X is decent. He's an awful performer right now cause he's REALLY raw.

She'sRyan (chick with red hair and tats in Manolo video) has a VERY nice record that is bubbling. I did her a SOLID at our issue 1 release party, her camp owe me one, I **** with her people. If her record breaks, watch out.

Raw Blue is good. Looks a lot like Shmurda tho.

King Zues with the BOOM TRAP sound has potential. And he's a REALLY nice guy.

Sour Life is my Ns.

Our mag is about NEW New York hip-hop, so that's about 85% of what we deal with, and that's how I know there's a HUGE void as far as talent is concerned.

There's this crew from Bed Stuy that's DOPE, I forgot their name but they performed last at the hip-hop festival in East New York at the end of summer. Their energy was :wow: :pimp:.

William kid from the East with the "Fire Emoji" record :pimp:

The other guys at the mag really like Slim Dollars, Float GOD, and another kid from uptown. My man does his videos, but I don't think they like me :lol: Float is a trapped out NY Dom Kennedy.

I'm at mad events scouting talent. Shaking hands building relationships, trust me when I say there is a clear lack of talent. A lot of C grade, very few Bs, and I don't think I've come across a legit A yet, professionally or as a fan of the art.

WordSpit my N tho.
TruthCity is my artist. (Has great potential, is working with The Sound Killers)
I do marketing for Skyzoo and Torae.

And I forgot, "Computers" is the BEST song to come out of NY in a LOOOOOOOONG time by a new N.

Free GS9.

Props on really ******* with NYC and trying to find talent. we may not have the same opinions but atleast your actively checking cats out. I haven't heard EVERYTHING from New NY'ers but of the things i have heard Doley's last project was the only one that i felt was cohesive and was able to be entertaining & lyrical at the same time.

I also agree that Manolo is gonna be a problem as long as he keeps pushing and growing his brand.I Know you've seen the post in here about up & coming NY Street Artist.. what's your opinion on that thread?

I browsed through it especially considering a lot of them cats were from my area (uptown BX) and i was appalled. literally 90% of the videos were the same flow, trap/drill beat, and a 1000 ****** making gun fingers.

That post IMO represents a huge problem in NYC right now, we telling the younger cats that old school NYC lyric based rap isn't the wave, but on the other hand we blast them if they try and gain an influence from another region (meanwhile EVERY other region is allowed to do so without the backlash).

I referenced that thread earlier.
Absolutely embarrassing outside of maybe 4 or 5 joints.

I was on the set of this video (Franklin Ave). I like the young bols energy.

T.W.O was doin some writing and such for Jim. If y'all remember that "60 Racks" record, he wrote that hook. Did the video with Jim and Wayne.

Tryin get them to perform this for our issue 2 party.

Zombies
Dave East
Joey Badass
Rocky
Ferg
Underachievers
Retch

Are all young "underground" artist I'll stack up against any other regions. It seems like your downplaying our artist because NYC doesn't have a "distinct sound" anymore but that's not our fault. Mainstream rap is all ******** watered down trap that talk about the same 3 topics. Harry Fraud is one of the best producers in the game but can't sniff the radio cause his sound is not trap. Can't believe u over here acting like what the masses are listening to is actually good :lol:
If that's the team we're bringing we will continue to be the Cleveland Browns of hip-hop.

What region is that line-up better than?

That's what I'm saying, the East is in last place for about 7 years now.

My issue with Joey is why are you making New York hallway rap in 2015? That's like 5 generations ago. Dip Set/G Unit were successful without revisiting those days. They're over, it was a GREAT time, don't need these new ****** tryin to add water and stir.

N.O.R.E. was one of the first to usher in a updated NY sound, even his debut isn't trying to recreate mid 90s **** or even his work with CNN, he expanded on the sound and the results were AMAZING. 'NORE' is STILL one of my favorite albums of all time. I've played it regularly for the past 17 years and it still sounds fresh.

You guys realize when the west was kicking our *** in the early 90s NaS/Wu/BIG didn't recreate what KRS/Rakim/EPMD and them did, they refined the sound and made it relative to the NYC they lived in. And by the time Cam/NORE/DMX and rest of the class of 98 came their music didn't sound like the class of 94/95 they once again refined the sound to make it sound like their NY. 50/Diplomats did the SAME thing. None of those 3 generations music sounds the same foreal. It's all NY, but the sound changes with the time.

After G Unit/Diplomats it just stopped tho, and they had a good sound it was NY but had a universal appeal without forcing the issue. Never once did I listen to Diplomatic Immunity and think Cappadonna was gonna pop up and spit a verse. Never once did I listen to G Unit waiting for a Jeru the Damaja appearence. The sounds are totally different but their still distinctively NY.

****** are either microwaving NY music from 5 generations ago or just blatantly stealing and not even taken the tag off the ****.
Man after reading Nimleys post in here ive come to to the conclusion that NY hip hop is dead because of NYers like you. You have bashed every current Ny artist for all types of different reasons. With that way of thinking, you've put NY rappers in a lose lose situation. Bash Joey & Troy for rapping with styles they were influenced by when theyre just trying to stay true to that boom bap NY sound. And then bash Max & French cause theyre not lyrical but yet you listen to other non lyrical rappers...na man. There aint no winning for NY if all heads got that mindset out there. You bashing rappers who trying to sound like Golden Era NY & ones trying to bring a new sound to it. Makes no sense. If more NY rappers made good music they would be on, whether on the radio or the internet simple as that. Dave East aint bringing NY back single handedly. Thats gon take a group effort & most of all...SUPPORT FROM NY ITSELF
See above.
NY hip-hop is STILL on Life support because of Ns like me, putting blood sweat and tears into this **** to see some of these talentless punks win, giving them a platform and offering advice and mentorship to them. And actually supporting these guys outside of just posting on message boards.

I'm interviewing D Block's new artist in the next week or so. I introduce some of these guys to people that can help them further their careers, I link artists together that could have good chemistry.

I don't care how many records Joey sells, NY hallway rap will NEVER make a comeback. I don't have anything against the kid, we have mutual friends. My man is featured on the album.

Last edited:
SON WHAT SUPERBOWL ARE THESE OTHER REGIONS WINNING ? STOP TALKING TO ME LIKE TIMELESS RAP MUSIC IS COMING OUT OF ANYWHERE SINCE MAINSTREAM WENT BELOW THE MASON DIXON LINE. GOT SOME DAMN NERVE ******** ON YOUR HOMETOWN LIKE DIRTY SPRITE 2 AND WAATBA IS SOME GROUNDBREAKING ****. PROPS TO THE WEST FOR YG'S ALBUM AND GKMC PROBABLY THE BEST RAP ALBUMS IN THE PAST 3 YEARS BUT NEITHER OF THOSE GUYS ARE DOMINATING MAINSTREAM RADIO. IF YOUR NOT DRAKE, FUTURE, FETTY WAP, THE RADIO AINT BUMPING YOUR **** CONSISTENTLY AND ALL 3 THEM ****** TRASH.

Last edited:
SON WHAT SUPERBOWL ARE THESE OTHER REGIONS WINNING ? STOP TALKING TO ME LIKE TIMELESS RAP MUSIC IS COMING OUT OF ANYWHERE SINCE MAINSTREAM WENT BELOW THE MASON DIXON LINE. GOT SOME DAMN NERVE ******** ON YOUR HOMETOWN LIKE DIRTY SPRITE 2 AND WAATBA IS SOME GROUNDBREAKING ****. PROPS TO THE WEST FOR YG'S ALBUM AND GKMC PROBABLY THE BEST RAP ALBUMS IN THE PAST 3 YEARS BUT NEITHER OF THOSE GUYS ARE DOMINATING MAINSTREAM RADIO. IF YOUR NOT DRAKE, FUTURE, FETTY WAP, THE RADIO AINT BUMPING YOUR **** CONSISTENTLY AND ALL 3 THEM ****** TRASH.

You're proving his point, really.

Back
Top Bottom