RIP Nintendo Power 1988-2012

We received them monthly all throughout the lifespan of the Nintendo 64. After the GameCube came out my brother was learning to use the internet and it wasn't necessary anymore, but it was certainly a staple of my childhood.

Rest well.

The Pokemon Center
pimp.gif

Always wanted to get my lineup in there from Silver.

RIP

I don't understand how magazines like this didn't stay ahead of the game on the internet.

This magazine was the only reason I looked forward to going to the library.

Last edited:
One memory that sticks out is when people were going crazy over Super Mario Bros. 3 and they had the preview of the game in that movie The Wizard |I

One memory that sticks out is when people were going crazy over Super Mario Bros. 3 and they had the preview of the game in that movie The Wizard |I
Watched that movie on Netflix not too long ago :lol: the one thing about that movie is the power glove NEVER worked as good as they made it look

This saddens me bros. I used to read Nintendo Power religiously.

I even had fan artwork published in the mag at least 2 or 3 times. :smokin

RIP Nintendo Power, a big part of my childhood. Always so anxious opening that mailbox, hoping for the latest issue.

I was a part of that NES/Gameboy/SNES era, mom probably tossed all the issue looong time ago. NP always was a cut above all the other game mags as it was just so damn slick.
Loved when they laid out the maps for the entire levels, I even remember they had interviews with Macaulay Culkin and New Kids on the Block :lol:

Damn, never knew Wizard suffered the same fate |I a huge part of my 90s

EGM was dope too :pimp:

yeah remember when EGM's were thick with like 1000 pages?? now there like 50 pages and mostly its filled with ad's:smh:

Nintendo Power was great in its early days of NES they also had a bunch of cool stuff like Posters etc....even the AD's were cool 8)

Nintendo Now Your Playing With Power :smokin

Last edited:
this one hurt
link.gif

:wow: that emoticon!
Do you have a vault of them or something? A site with emoticons like that??

yeah remember when EGM's were thick with like 1000 pages?? now there like 50 pages and mostly its filled with ad's:smh:
Nintendo Power was great in its early days of NES they also had a bunch of cool stuff like Posters etc....even the AD's were cool 8)
Nintendo Now Your Playing With Power :smokin

I used to carry them to school like a textbook :pimp:

Last edited:
Damn... It only makes sense though. I feel the same way I felt when EGM went out of business. Sad day indeed.

Man, back with no Internet these were the only way to get info on anything
No one ever took a pencil and paper with you on a trip to the store with your parents? I'd be in the magazine isle copying finishing moves and cheats on loose leaf, never really read the articles.

Didn't know that magazine was still going strong after all these years :wow: ! Its existence sort of left my mind around the time Game Cube appeared.

Just another example of all good things eventually coming to an end :smh: :frown:

I wonder if this is a sign of Nintendo's financial status? What if they stop making games or go out of business or something?

Even though, I dont think that could ever happen as long as Pokemon is around.

Back
Top Bottom