RIP Nipsey Hussle

Right because you are the judge and jury of less fortunate young black men born into to destructive urban warring factions...

Grandfather was a crip
Daddy was a Crip
Mama was a Crip
Uncles all Crips

Getting banged on and loosing childhood friends even by not claiming and being put on the set.
Same outcome either way.

Yet a young black male “oughhta pull himself up by the bootstraps and do better”

Hmm where have we heard this rhetoric before??
Oh thats right...by the people who hate us all just for being born black.
tenor.gif

XGwD.gif
Are these the benefits you guys speak when talking about celebrating gangs in the black community?

So you going to continue blaming the environment for your circumstances even though you know better now.
Black people gotta do better and yes help themselves.

So you going to continue blaming the environment for your circumstances even though you know better now.

How could it NOT be the byproduct of a certain environment? You're arguing against rudimentary principles of sociology and psychology.

People are product of nature and nurture. That can't be disputed.

“He was a gifted and brilliant artist, an entrepreneur who found global success, who was working closely with this city to save lives and transform them, even as he was doing that for himself,” Mayor Eric Garcetti said. “He was a tireless advocate for the young people of this city and this world, to lift them up with possibility and to not be imprisoned by where you come from or past mistakes.”

Are these the benefits you guys speak when talking about celebrating gangs in the black community?

Again, what’s your background?

I will say that I have noticed this on this site, culture vultures. People become Black through convenience here. When you discuss Black empowerment, you'll see certain names pop up, then derail that discussion in favor of an argument that has nothing to do with Black empowerment. NIpsey did things his way, and others will add more to the person, changing the narrative, in order to suit their disingenuous intentions while online.

Black is Black, Black empowerment should be the goal for all Black people.The time is now in regard to not giving a damn about what White people think. We need to think about ourselves, who we as Black people, and who we choose to admire. If you weren't in the back of the bus during segregation, if you do not want to admit that you would have been in the back of that bus, your opinion is not needed.

RIP Nipsey.

Last edited:
I will say that I have noticed this on this site, culture vultures. People become Black through convenience here. When you discuss Black empowerment, you'll see certain names pop up, then derail that discussion in favor of an argument that has nothing to do with Black empowerment. NIpsey did things his way, and others will add more to the person, changing the narrative, in order to suit their disingenuous intentions while online.

Black is Black, Black empowerment should be the goal for all Black people.The time is now in regard to not giving a damn about what White people think. We need to think about ourselves and who we as Black people choose to admire. If you weren't in the back of the bus during segregation, if you do not want to admit that you would have been in the back of that bus, your opinion is not needed.

RIP Nipsey.

Your 3rd eye never fails brother!:lol:

bro why are you even in this thread? you keep trying to justify the man being killed because he was a gang member?

At no point have I tried to justify this senseless killing. If anything I’m disgusted to see the amount of you that seem to think that it’s better to keep it real then to change your ways and live for your family. People are so shocked that this happened, but have y’all even listened to his music? I like Nipsey as an artist, but let’s be real he played a role in his death by continuing to promote and live this gangster persona that y’all love so much.

Also Nipsey did some good things in his life, but he self admittedly had done some really bad things. People seem to think that by doing a few positive things it had erased all the negative things and somehow because he did good it makes gangs an acceptable thing.

I just want people to wake up and finally get that gang life regardless of race is one that will lead to nothing positive.

sugafree sugafree Oxygen, you leave them 'lone, leave them 'lone Before You lock them in that little bitty box again.

These cats don’t live in Los Angeles. Don’t understand Los Angeles . Don’t care about Los Angeles.

We were born here. Raised here. Live here. Love and hate it here.

Nipsey wasn’t a rapper, artist, crip to us....he was an example to us first...everything else second.

People quick to judge your replies without exercising one simple tool.

You don’t have to agree to understand.

I understand you big bro.

source.gif

At no point have I tried to justify this senseless killing. If anything I’m disgusted to see the amount of you that seem to think that it’s better to keep it real then to change your ways and live for your family. People are so shocked that this happened, but have y’all even listened to his music? I like Nipsey as an artist, but let’s be real he played a role in his death by continuing to promote and live this gangster persona that y’all love so much.

Also Nipsey did some good things in his life, but he self admittedly had done some really bad things. People seem to think that by doing a few positive things it had erased all the negative things and somehow because he did good it makes gangs an acceptable thing.

I just want people to wake up and finally get that gang life regardless of race is one that will lead to nothing positive.

Mmmhmmm someone hasn't been keeping up in this thread.
Everything you just posted has been spoken for.
So you just gonna keep jumping in here spewing ya busterism or are you gonna read the thread and take in what's been said here with understanding and most importantly...COMPASSION???

One of the things that White privilege allows, is the ability to make a mistake without repercussion. While Barack was in the White House, criticism came from both sides. Barack could not make a mistake, had to be perfect. He could not say that he was from the hood, could not make disparaging remarks about white people nor other immigrants. He could not make openly sexist remarks, devolving into misogyny. Barack had no room to mess up. So now look at the orange sphincter who resides in the White house right now. He is beyond recourse, allowed to make mistakes and his administration covers for him. This is freedom to be. This is what Nipsey and every other human being will seek, that freedom.

Because of White privilege, people who are not Black will look down at Black people then suggest, why don't you do better?!

Well, the answer is pretty simple....

Right because you are the judge and jury of less fortunate young black men born into to destructive urban warring factions...

Grandfather was a crip
Daddy was a Crip
Mama was a Crip
Uncles all Crips

Getting banged on and loosing childhood friends even by not claiming and being put on the set.
Same outcome either way.

Yet a young black male “oughhta pull himself up by the bootstraps and do better”

Hmm where have we heard this rhetoric before??
Oh thats right...by the people who hate us all just for being born black.
tenor.gif

XGwD.gif

U buggin son...I'm just lookin for the positives....still. never needed to be on that bs.

Matter of fact me standing standing my square got me respected ain't been stepped to since freshman year hs. Crack era south bronx, decepts (I went to cybertron, 90s ny heads know) roosevelt when pr/dr was warring etc. Maybe dudes thought was too cool for the bs. Like I said always cool with crews, never felt a need to have a gang around, I'm thorough enuff....and yes I did get bread then etc etc

Environment is everything. Even if you know better you cant escape it. Grow up around the outskirts of Long Beach, went to school in LB. I am not about that life whatsoever. Still had guns pulled on me, robbed at gun point, seen people shot, been banged on, had dudes offer me weight for a favor and know people that got murked.

Now imagine living in it day in and day out.

U buggin son...I'm just lookin for the positives....still. never needed to be on that bs.

Matter of fact me standing standing my square got me respected ain't been stepped to since freshman year hs. Crack era south bronx, decepts (I went to cybertron, 90s ny heads know) roosevelt when pr/dr was warring etc. Maybe dudes thought was too cool for the bs. Like I said always cool with crews, never felt a need to have a gang around, I'm thorough enuff....and yes I did get bread then etc etc

That's all I hear is blah blah blah blah blah
We talkin LA streets here....
Could care less about your NY experiences.
Two different worlds and you can not relate.
Never fails every subject we have here about Westcoast gang culture one of you New York dudes gotta come in here with all the extra back in my day Nino Brown tough guy story ego
You couldn't wait to give us your oldschool tough guy stories huh??:lol:
Nice try....

Last edited:
Preaches that the good you do doesn’t outweigh the bad then proceeds to say he got bread. You sure as hell wasnt getting it legal. And I’ve yet to hear you say you bought back into your community or did anything to help your community .

How you gonna sit there and judge when you’re far from perfect?

Not a lie was told here. I remember growing up hearing stories about Nip pistol whipping fools behind the alley of that shell gas station, countless other stories including why that store is there in the first place.

That is NOT to say that Nip deserves to die in that fashion. He didn't. He employed people, and did a lot of good for this community. But to sit here and act like his hands weren't dirty, that the hands of the people around him weren't riddled with gang violence and gang culture is silly.

Good for you now get off your moral high horse b. You are not better/stronger person than anybody else because you never joined a gang.

Who's doing that though?

I've seen it around. I just saw this thread, reading around. That's the gist of a lot of what I'm seeing, directly and indirectly. That Nip was separate from gang banging, and that basically he was completely removed the lifestyle.

Back
Top Bottom