RIP Uncle Phil

I was watching the episode of family matters the other day where one of Ritchie's friends said Carl "looked like the dad from fresh prince" during the bloopers while the credits were rolling someone rang the the door bell and Carl opened the door and it was James Avery....

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

had to check it out on youtube. i thought i watched all the family matters episodes
never seen this 

Bros...

I've never really cared when a celebrity died but....

This lowkey hurt...

Am I alone/wrong in this?

I mean... I never knew the dude... Only his character...

And people were clowning folks for feeling bad about Paul Walker's passing but...

This just feels a little bit different.

:frown: :frown:
IMO, there's a big difference between these two deaths. James Avery's mark had been made. Though his journey ended early, he completed what he was here to do. While Paul's mark may have been set as well, it was not completed. And not just with the F&F series. There was also talk of a prequel to Takers. I watched a few Fresh Prince episodes yesterday and it felt great, made me smile. Tried watching Fast 6 a little while after Paul passed and it just didn't sit right. Dude was truly the face of that franchise, even more so than Vin. I really questioned after watching if they should even continue with the franchise. Just doesn't seem right.

But not trying to make this a James death vs Paul's thread. So back on topic.....

RIP James Avery

Bernie Mac was the first.

Patrice O'neal was the second.

James Avery is the third.

People who have legit made me sad and made my eyes well up. I'm emotional right now so...

I was pretty bummed when I heard Uncle Phil passed away. He was probably one of my favorite dad characters in all the shows I watched.

I know this is posted late, but Will did leave a touching message...
[h2]"Every young man needs an Uncle Phil."[/h2]

What are the chances we get some kinda reunion episode? Like all the cast members tellin stories about their favorite Uncle Phil moments/episodes

this year almost marks the 30th anniversary of the ninja turtles..there was a possibility of him returning to voice shredder but thats not going to happen
mean.gif

he will appear in this documentary for tmnt
RIP Uncle Phil, but why does his face look fake on this pic?  They all have like action figure faces.

Back
Top Bottom