Rise of the Planet of the Apes ... srsly [official trailer out]

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

Looking forward to this. The ape at 1:04 I believe looked exactly like King Kong though
laugh.gif

They all look a like

sw50sw8sw578.gif

Originally Posted by iLike Turtles

I dont get it tho. I thought Planet of the Apes took place on another planet. hence why its called Planet of the Apes??
laugh.gif
Did you watch the final scene of the movie??!?!

Originally Posted by iLike Turtles

I dont get it tho. I thought Planet of the Apes took place on another planet. hence why its called Planet of the Apes??
laugh.gif
Did you watch the final scene of the movie??!?!

This feels like the I am Legend prequel, somewhat unnecessary, but intriguing nonetheless.
The monkeys sorta look fake thou.

This feels like the I am Legend prequel, somewhat unnecessary, but intriguing nonetheless.
The monkeys sorta look fake thou.

Originally Posted by superflyinchopstickninja

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

Please tell me how the last one was racist? because Michael Clark Duncan a black man dressed up as an ape? What about the other actors who did the same thing?  Ya'll are trying toooo hard and I'm always calling out racist stuff.  These type of comments make it hard to get people to listen when you actually have a valid point.

i also would like to know what made it so racist.  maybe i was too young when the 2001 version came out to actually pick up on it, but can someone please explain?
There wasn't anything racist about it. You cast a couple black actors as gorillas in a movie where humanoid apes are the antagonists and you're bound to upset a few idiots out there.

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

Please tell me how the last one was racist? because Michael Clark Duncan a black man dressed up as an ape? What about the other actors who did the same thing?  Ya'll are trying toooo hard and I'm always calling out racist stuff.  These type of comments make it hard to get people to listen when you actually have a valid point.

i also would like to know what made it so racist.  maybe i was too young when the 2001 version came out to actually pick up on it, but can someone please explain?
There wasn't anything racist about it. You cast a couple black actors as gorillas in a movie where humanoid apes are the antagonists and you're bound to upset a few idiots out there.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

All you had to say was...I don't really remember them, I guess I should watch again with more mature eyes.

gtfohwtbs it's obvious, even in the remake.

All you had to say was...I don't really remember them, I guess I should watch again with more mature eyes.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

There's nothing racist about the movie.  Care to explain since we don't see whats so "obvious"

There's nothing racist about the movie.  Care to explain since we don't see whats so "obvious"

What's the difference between the wise elder apes and the ones who have to deal with the 'livestock'? Speaking of which, find two black people in the film. What does one of the crew say when he notices that? You seen the remake? Just watch...one of them.

What's the difference between the wise elder apes and the ones who have to deal with the 'livestock'? Speaking of which, find two black people in the film. What does one of the crew say when he notices that? You seen the remake? Just watch...one of them.

lol, my dude, this movie is wild racist. peep the article i posted.

lol, my dude, this movie is wild racist. peep the article i posted.

Back
Top Bottom