Roc-A-Fella Co-Founder Kareem "Biggs" Burke Sentenced To 5 Years On Drug Trafficking Charges

Kareem "Biggs" Burke, co-founder of Roc-A-Fella Records, has been sentenced to five years for conspiring to distribute more than 100 kilos of marijuana.

Fans of Jay-Z's career and lyrics know the name Biggs. Kareem "Biggs" Burke has been name checked in many Rap records by Jay and by other artists. He was a co-founder of Roc-A-Fella Records along with Dame Dash and Jay-Z. However, Biggs' name is making the headlines for other reasons of late. According to the NY Daily News, Biggs was recently caught up in a drug sting that had 50 people arrested in an alleged trafficking ring and he has been sentenced to five years.

The drug sting, according to the paper, was called "Operation Green Venom." As noted, 50 people were arrested for conspiring to distribute more than 100 kilos of marijuana. The city's Department of Investigation, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement in New York, the Drug Enforcement Administration and the NYPD were all involved in the bust, along with the Special Narcotics Prosecutor's office. 

Biggs reportedly told Judge Loretta Swain that she wouldn't see him in court again. To this, the judge replied that there was "nothing personal" but that she would "keep" him "to that promise." 

Jay, Dame and Biggs broke ties in 2004 when Roc-A-Fella Records disbanded. 

Originally Posted by dakid23

Did he really need to push weed? how much was he making off The Roc?

apparently, not enough
jay2.gif

but real spit, 5 years for 100 kilos is a +**%%! vacation...

If he gets time served and out early for good behavior he'll be outta there in no time.

Same thing I was thinking. That's a short bid though, I'm surprised he didn't get longer time.

He was probably doing it as a way to put on his homies. From what I hear good amount of rappers/athletes do this.

I mean what else are some of these guys gonna do, manage property or run a clothing store?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

wasn't it his money that started the foundation of the roc?

that's what I thought and if that's the case we who how he was getting his money back then
laugh.gif

If every ninja in your clique is rich your clique is rugged
Nobody would fall cause everyone would be each other's crutches

Some people just can't leave the game alone...had it made up there and now about to lose 2 years of his life (assuming he gets out in 2 on good behaviour)

^^^

Some dudes just can't resist it. No matter how well they do outside of it.

Like it's a part of them.

TI, Gucci. Have tons of good happening but can't stay out of jail.

Sad but true.

For trees, I'd imagine he won't do 5.

Back
Top Bottom