Rocky Balboa is one of the best movies in the last 5 years...

I'm watching it on FX after not seeing it since it was in theaters

I know I'll get plenty of
laugh.gif
but this movie is a great movie and Ithink Sly shoulda atleast of an Oscar nod for this movie

the trailer if you have never seen it
" href="http://">

Umm.. no, absolutely not.

The first Rocky was a great film.

Rocky Balboa was better than I expected, but it probably wasn't even the best film of that month, let alone the last five years.

Originally Posted by Bombbiggidyphil

grin.gif
Sly wouldn't even go that far

BS, it's all propaganda if this was a brand new movie w/o an unknown actor they would have, dont hate, did you even see it?

76% on Rottentomatoes, bump it 10% for the typical hate (people like you) and this is the kind of movie you have

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Rocky Balboa was better than I expected, but it probably wasn't even the best film of that month, let alone the last five years.
def top 100 of last 5 IMO, I never said best, said one of

It was better than I expected plus it made up for the absolute piece of crap Rocky 5 was. At least the Rocky series does not end with that nonsense

it was okay.

Like Big J said - better then expected... but that's about as far as it goes.

Definitely NOT one of the best films in the last 5 years.

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Has there been that many movies released?
roll.gif

Interestingly enough Sly always gets Razzie nominations (30 noms) 10 wins

and he didn't get 1 for "Rocky Balboa" because the Razzie founder said "Stallone actually made a good film"

Originally Posted by Much Respected

Has there been that many movies released?
roll.gif

Much Respected, On average how many movies do you think are released to the big screen a year?

If you knew, you would not be laughing.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Bombbiggidyphil

grin.gif
Sly wouldn't even go that far

BS, it's all propaganda if this was a brand new movie w/o an unknown actor they would have, dont hate, did you even see it?

76% on Rottentomatoes, bump it 10% for the typical hate (people like you) and this is the kind of movie you have

laugh.gif
cool your jets champ. I did see it...thought it was pretty good. evenbetter than i expected but not great and definitely not one of the best in the last five years. I apologize if my opinion offends you.
indifferent.gif

two things ended with rocky iv. the rocky saga and the cold war. the final two don't exist to many, many people. it was not a good film.

Well if it's in the top 100, then it really isn't "one of the best". That's too great of a range, especially in 5 years, tobe considered great.

Originally Posted by Swish 22

two things ended with rocky iv. the rocky saga and the cold war. the final two don't exist to many, many people. it was not a good film.

U buggin , say what u want about 5 but Balboa was respectable

Back
Top Bottom