Roger Ebert - Thumbs Up Movie Critic - I never knew.......

I never knew he had jungle fever, nor did I know what happened to him until today - he battled thyroid cancer and has lost his voice. He now talks using acomputer generated voice with the assistance of a keyboard. Let's pray that his wish - that he gets voice comes back - comes true. I enjoyed his moviereviews on TV.
afi2004g.jpg
roger_ebert_0622.jpg

042407ebert.jpg_20070424_01_26_29_320-282-400.imageContent
rogchr.jpg

Whoa...when did this happen? last I checked dude was fine. I wish him the best in recovery.

actually it was my local news...looks like they are running the story in a couple places.

I was wondering how he was able to make movie reviews, but not making televised reviews.

I feel happy (that he's able to make reviews still) and sad (knowing he can't speak and how cancer really changed him) seeing the new pictures of him.

That is sad. I didn't know that he had thyroid cancer. When Roger Ebert passed away I was shocked due to the fact his death was so sudden. I do hope thathe gets his voice back.

hope dude gets well.. he was one of the few movie critics whose opinion i actually cared for..

damn youngins that
sick.gif
ain't no joke , I hope he recovers no matter how good or bad you and I thought he was.

that's sad
smh.gif

let's hope he recovers and pulls through. good luck roger

He's been sick for a while now.......a long while

In early 2002, Ebert was diagnosed with papillary thyroid cancer. Fortunately, in February of that year, surgeons at Northwestern Memorial Hospital were ableto successfully remove the cancer with clean margins. He later underwent surgery in 2003 for cancer in his salivary gland and in December of 2003, he underwenta four-week course of radiation treatment as a followup to the surgery on his salivary gland, which altered his voice slightly. As he battled the illness,Ebert continued to be a dedicated critic to film, not missing a single opening while undergoing treatment.

Back
Top Bottom