ROLLING STONES TOP 100 SONG's of The Decade...top 25....#1 is.....

Even Jay wouldn't agree with 99 problems being number 2, In Da Club should of least been in top 10 for the type of buzz it created not only here in the USbut worldwide

The one that i TOTALLY disagree with is 99 Problems.

#2?! whoaaa nelly! replace that with "Encore".

"Jesus Walks" should be higher and i believe "Mrs.Jackson" by OutKast should be the #1 song of the decade.

Originally Posted by SWOBOYdeHTEEZY

Wackest list ever.
That's what I'm saying
laugh.gif
. Are we in the wrong?

Originally Posted by bkmac

Originally Posted by SWOBOYdeHTEEZY

Wackest list ever.
That's what I'm saying
laugh.gif
. Are we in the wrong?

Its hard to say that because what publication would give a better list featuring all genres fairly? but they def missed ALOT!!

Hip Hop got 3 spots in the top 10...the 3 songs are much appreciated but outside of Hey Ya...i prolly would have picked different songs

99 problems aint deserving of the 2 spot in our eyes cuz we listen to alot of hip-hop...but for a Rock &Roll mag like Rolling Stone I suppose the song ispretty significant

Complex had the number one song of the decade as Jay-Z's Give it To Me....so ppl are pretty much gonna be to far one way or the other

amerie on coldplay not?Hmm, nickelback:tongue:hotograph, i disagree witht he lsit, although it does have a few which make the top 25.

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

99 problems aint deserving of the 2 spot in our eyes cuz we listen to alot of hip-hop...but for a Rock &Roll mag like Rolling Stone I suppose the song is pretty significant

99 Problems was a crossover hit song. "I've got 99 Problems but a _____ aint one" became a phrase even non-hip hop fans were saying. RollingStone is not the only publication listing this song really high and I don't disagree. One of the biggest hip hop songs of the decade.

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

99 problems aint deserving of the 2 spot in our eyes cuz we listen to alot of hip-hop...but for a Rock &Roll mag like Rolling Stone I suppose the song is pretty significant

99 Problems was a crossover hit song. "I've got 99 Problems but a _____ aint one" became a phrase even non-hip hop fans were saying. Rolling Stone is not the only publication listing this song really high and I don't disagree. One of the biggest hip hop songs of the decade.

Very True...I just dont think its number 2 but I do agree on why it should be considered one of the top songs

But a hip hop publication I dont think will list 99 problems that high...high as in top 5

shouldn't

Mario's Let Me Love You

be on that list

that song was being played forever

If they're just listin' pop songs, there's no way Nelly doesn't make the top 10...

...according to them, he's not even top 25.

Rolling Stone has really fallen off in my eyes as far as music criticism...although I'm well aware how much all critics loved that Gnarls Barkley when it dropped.

I actually don't have a prob with it being #1 but most of the rest of the list is all out of wack. B.O.B. too low, wrong MGMT song, including Dylan and Cash cause they thought they had to...list is meh

i stick with my opinion that Hey Ya is the song of the decade
Love seeing Time to Pretend up there, it's one of my favorite songs. I'm guessing you preferred Kids?

Anyways, yeah, Viva La Vida got shafted. That truly is an awesome song, and this is coming from a Coldplay hater.

The Rolling Stones sure has changed.

How is 99 Problems ranked higher than Hey Ya? Even if this is based off of top 100 songs

No song was more ubiquotous than Hey-Ya. That song transcended musical genres, ages, nationalities, etc. I swear you had an equal chance of pulling up at a redlight and seeing a 50 year old white man jamming Hey Ya than you did a young black teenager doing the same. Crazy was good but not Hey Ya good

Rolling Stone has really fallen off in my eyes as far as music criticism...although I'm well aware how much all critics loved that Gnarls Barkley when it dropped.

I actually don't have a prob with it being #1 but most of the rest of the list is all out of wack. B.O.B. too low, wrong MGMT song, including Dylan and Cash cause they thought they had to...list is meh

i stick with my opinion that Hey Ya is the song of the decade
Cash's song was incredibly depressing when it came out. Dylan's "Beyond Here Lies Nothing">Mississippi IMO. I agree with theMGMT comment, they have three better songs.
"Maps"
frown.gif

No Life in Technicolor ii
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by C Money 88 05

I was interested...M.I.A.- Paper Planes being #5 on the list killed all that interest I had though
indifferent.gif

If you haven't, you need to listen to her. That goes for all of you.

Back
Top Bottom